When you got the offer how long did it take you to learn your 5/10

Jody43

First time I did integrad in 2015 we didn't need to know my 10 word for word.

In 2018 when I went a 2nd time (local class) I had to know every single word of my 5s and 10s plus know yard control/8keys/backing/5 keys slips & falls all word for word. Had to get at least a 94.9% to pass.

My wife helped with my 10s I would just keep saying them over and over with her stopping me when I messed up. We did it everywhere.... at dinner, at the mall, waiting in line at the grocery store. In 2 days I had it down cold

I reached out to a union head and they told me I need to know them word for word. Only have a few days left.

Jody43

One. One car length

Two. 2 ways to look

3 Count 1,2.3 on start up

Four. 4-6 seconds under 30 .5-8 over 30

Five .Check mirrors every 5-8 seconds

Attachments

• 00712847-9E9E-4973-AA6D-62932EC3514F.jpeg
    00712847-9E9E-4973-AA6D-62932EC3514F.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 159

Jody43

I’m memorizing this all word for word.. all of it! Should I just memorize the 1-10 in bold and understand the wording? So confused to what to expect.

Last edited:

BrownThunder

I’m memorizing this all word for word.. all of it! Should I just memorize the 1-10 in bold and understand the wording? So confused to what to expect.

Play it safe. Memorize everything. Be aware of the common traps in the statements (car/vehicle/and/etc). Do not skip 8 it seemed like most of the kids in my class looked at 8 and said f_ck remembering that short movie script.

Often times the expectations HR has will differ from those of the instructors. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Walk in there knowing it word for word and just look at the people who didn't study. Won't be hard to notice them they'll be clenching their ass cheeks so hard they'll pick the chair up when they stand up.

Jody43

Play it safe. Memorize everything. Be aware of the common traps in the statements (car/vehicle/and/etc). Do not skip 8 it seemed like most of the kids in my class looked at 8 and said f_ck remembering that short movie script.

Often times the expectations HR has will differ from those of the instructors. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Walk in there knowing it word for word and just look at the people who didn't study. Won't be hard to notice them they'll be clenching their ass cheeks so hard they'll pick the chair up when they stand up.
I can not learn 8... I’m so done with this bro.

BrownThunder

I can not learn 8... I’m so done with this bro.

Yes you can, dont try to learn it all at once. Break it down into 3-4 parts and only focus on one part until you have it memorized. Then, move to part 2 then put 1 & 2 together. It's how I got it all down.

Jody43

Bottom line I’m not memorizing the 10 word for word. I will memorize the key points (which I have already) and go with that. If I find out different then so be it I’ll go home and stay at my current job. HR, although youall stated doesn’t know smile* only only me to memorize the 5 word for word and know the 10. I’m going with that.

Bottom line I’m not memorizing the 10 word for word. I will memorize the key points (which I have already) and go with that. If I find out different then so be it I’ll go home and stay at my current job. HR, although youall stated doesn’t know smile* only only me to memorize the 5 word for word and know the 10. I’m going with that.
Good luck not passing driving school....