When you got the offer how long did it take you to learn your 5/10

BrownThunder

I'm telling you right now, if you don't know your 10 you will not pass and they will not bat an eye at failing you.

Don't play yourself bro, take a few days buckle down and knock it out without distractions. No one will ever care about you knowing it verbatim after you pass.

Jody43

I'm telling you right now, if you don't know your 10 you will not pass and they will not bat an eye at failing you.

Don't play yourself bro, take a few days buckle down and knock it out without distractions. No one will ever care about you knowing it verbatim after you pass.
Took a 1/2 day and Learned it. It's done.

BrownThunder

Took a 1/2 day and Learned it. It's done.
Only you know for sure whether or not you're ready.

When I felt I was ready here is what I did:
Grabbed an empty notebook and wrote out my 10 off memory, then checked my answers. Did this over and over repeatedly until I knew for sure I had it down.

At some point you will have to say it verbally. Work with someone who cares about you and what you're doing and have them hear you say them verbally. It's best when they stop you when you mess up, because it highlights in your mind where you're going wrong.

UrFellowUpser

You don't need to know the ten point commentary word for word. So you can use cheat ideas. I can't remember how I did it anymore nor can I remember it now but 8 is eyes iirc, seven is look over your shoulder, I dunno.

It's crunch time right now. You get it down tight, get through your packet, and then? Well then you get to be a cover driver where you go out cold on routes routinely and don't have the general knowledge of where your delivery point actually is.

Safety is number one. Service is number two. Production is number three. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

The last guy I went out to help out, who was in his second month as a true cover driver and got through his packet? I had gone out to help him almost every day for the past two weeks. I did my best to show him what he was doing wrong. Which was that his car was a :censored2: mess. If your car is a mess take five or ten minutes, that's really the maximum time it takes, on the side of the road and organize your car and move all your stops forward. As you pull off new stops just go take two extra steps and push that stack to the front of your car.

Anyway the day that last guy gave up when I went out to help him in a very busy city he had pulled in nose first into a packed parking lot, stopped, and was going to have to back last out of the parking lot and onto a very busy street blind. And his car was a total wreck with packages everywhere in the wrong places.

He was worried they were going to fire him.

They would not have fired him but he did need to start learning and grow a thicker skin. I'm one of the nicest guys who will come out and help you. Other guys are going to literally scream at you for what a fkin maroon you are because they want to go home to their families or to their bottle of whiskey. But listen because they will still point out to you what you are doing wrong.

Anyway good on you bro get that stuff down. Get through your class and get through your packet. I suggest you find a good routine you can do to let the stress go when the packages start to beat you. If you are on road and are freaking out it is MUCH BETTER to take only two minutes, that will feel like two hours, to stop, breath deeply, and recenter yourself.

It takes about two years of doing the job before you really know the job.
Great :censored2:ing wisdom