When you retired what was your final day like?

Karma...

I have always found it odd that people would stay at a job or situation they hate and complain so much instead of being pro-active and ask the union to place them in a different company while retaining their union pension and time.....In my barn that was done perhaps 10 times. Thats one of the many benefits of being a teamster

I have always found it odd that people would stay at a job or situation they hate and complain so much instead of being pro-active and ask the union to place them in a different company while retaining their union pension and time.....In my barn that was done perhaps 10 times. Thats one of the many benefits of being a teamster
Thank you for contribution

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U last day
1D6E666A-5882-4B05-ABA2-FB106F6F885B.gif

quad decade guy

Hi,

What company did you work for?

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Such a good feeling. I made a point to remember my last delivery stop also. I think I did a little jig lol
I took a picture with the lady that got the last package that I ever delivered. I also took a selfie video of me walking out of the building for the last time with some thought narrations.

tourists24

I took a picture with the lady that got the last package that I ever delivered. I also took a selfie video of me walking out of the building for the last time with some thought narrations.
Was yours a resi or business delivery? Mine was a business called Rita's Ice. Before I left the building that day I turned off all my wake up alarm times :)

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
M
Was yours a resi or business delivery? Mine was a business called Rita's Ice. Before I left the building that day I turned off all my wake up alarm times :)
Mine was a residential. She was a nice lady that I delivered to frequently. She knew for a while that my retirement was coming up. When I told her that she was my last delivery of my career she wanted to take a picture of me with her. After she took her picture then I pulled out my cell phone and took my picture.

nancyg

In other threads it pops up now and then how people experienced the last or last days before retirement by the company and your peer's.

So for all of you that have retired, what was your experience like?
I savored every moment thinking "this is the last time I have to do this" At the end of shift as everyone was leaving saying "have a nice week-end" I said "yeah thanks you too." Nobody knew it was my last day. It's none on their business. I skipped out the door.