Where do old UPS trucks go when they die?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They go to Hell...where the management people who decided not to equip them with power steering or low steps will get to drive them for all eternity as punishment for their cruelty.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Heck are old cars are crushed.
One air car was done so quickly that everything inside of it , supplies & a driver's personal gear, were never removed.
Parts are never removed, per order of the automotive dept ( since they are the ones who actually own the cars ).

S

speeddemon

The back shell of some of them were used once in the Southern gulf to help create a reef.

upsgrunt

There are always customers who think they would just love to have one if you could tell them where to get one. I always just tell them "no you don't". Seriously, I've seen where at least one UPSer has gotten one and then chopped it and made it a hotrod. Anybody out there who can explain the avenue to do this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I first started I had heard a rumor (urban myth?) that a retiree was granted his final wish to be buried in uniform sitting in the drivers seat of an old pkg car, but I don't know if this is true or not.

BigBrownSanta

I think that we should be able to have a big after work cookout with beer like the old days. Then we could take turns shooting holes in them with high-powered rifles. Sell tickets, it could be a fund raiser!

Sounds like a good way to make this year's united way goal.

Whatever's left over of the truck could be cut up and given out as next year's founder's day trinket.

1 bullet hole per employee.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I think that we should be able to have a big after work cookout with beer like the old days. Then we could take turns shooting holes in them with high-powered rifles. Sell tickets, it could be a fund raiser!
i'm sure they would want thatmoney to go to the united way !!!

Big Babooba

Too many beers + a high powered rifle + Lots of UPS management = Too much temptation.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Well, I killed a P500 this morning. When I took off on my EAM run, I noticed a noise in the driveline everytime I let off on the gas. The noise got louder and louder, on the way back to my Hub I drove in the right lane in case I had to pull over. But the P5 made it, I drove it straight to the shop where I noticed the gear oil dripping out of the rear end around the pinion shaft where the driveshaft bolts on. If an old car like this needs a major repair, it gets junked. The mechanic said that if it needed over $500 to fix it, then they had to ask for special permission to repair it. A rebuilt rear end is $1500, he said.

I actually like to drive P5s to run EAMs. This one was getting 20 MPG when I was driving it around near empty. We have one P32 left and five other P5s on the lot. I prefer to drive one of these while the Preload finishes loading my P7. If I can't find a different Car in the morning, then I have to pull mine out of the Lineup, and its a major pain to get back in to finish loading it. So RIP, #509839, I will miss you.
IMG_0818.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So RIP, #509839, I will miss you.
Let it rot in hell. Its always a good thing when one of those p.o.s.'s dies....one more unsafe, undersized and ergonomically deficient vehicle off the road and in the junkyard where it always belonged.