Where to go from here?

brownrodster

Thanks to everyone who resonded.
I've seen a lot posted on here about a hiring freeze but I guess what I don't understand is why they posted a seasonal driver job in the first

My building is slow too. Usually this time of year we've got a few seasonal drivers working. But as it is the lowest seniority guys have to call in every day to see if they're working.

It's my opinion that we'll definately need seasonal drivers but not until closer to Christmas. So if you want a job where you work crazy hard for a few weeks then get let go keep trying to apply and keep calling HR. They won't call you back until they absolutely need to. However, if you are persistant that will probably help your chances a lot.

brownrodster

Is it possible, if I went for jumper, that I could be brought on full time after peak or is that very uncommon? Does anyone have an opinion on the best way(best path to take) to get my foot in the door for a full time position?
Thanks again.

Impossible. Expect massive layoffs after christmas. Hire on part time and wait your turn. That's how we all did it.