Where's Over9fives package?

over9five

Staff member
So I'm expecting a package, and signed up at ups.com for text notification on my cell for delivery notice.
I get the message yesterday about 4pm saying it was delivered. Great! I call my son, and he looks everywhere... No package.

So when I got home, I tracked it. Signed for by ****, at the dock. Dock? Not many docks in the little town I live in, and none at my house!

So I'm wondering, could it be a basic package that was delivered to the post office? But then it's kinda stupid for UPS to send me a text saying it was delivered, right?

I've never delivered Basics to a post office. Is there more than one barcode? Could the driver have scanned the wrong barcode causing UPS to send the "delivered" text?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So I'm expecting a package, and signed up at ups.com for text notification on my cell for delivery notice.
I get the message yesterday about 4pm saying it was delivered. Great! I call my son, and he looks everywhere... No package.

So when I got home, I tracked it. Signed for by ****, at the dock. Dock? Not many docks in the little town I live in, and none at my house!

So I'm wondering, could it be a basic package that was delivered to the post office? But then it's kinda stupid for UPS to send me a text saying it was delivered, right?

I've never delivered Basics to a post office. Is there more than one barcode? Could the driver have scanned the wrong barcode causing UPS to send the "delivered" text?
There are two barcodes, one for us and one for the PO, but we can only scan the UPS barcode.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent! But I still think it's a problem that UPS's text service will tell you the package is delivered when it's not. This must confuse millions of customers every day.

Technically it was delivered to the destination that we are getting paid to deliver it to.

The part that I dislike about Basic on a rural area is that many times you will drive by the address that the pkg is going to so that you can deliver it to the Post Office so that they can process it and deliver it the following day to the address that you just drove by. However, as Jones said, there are 2 barcodes on the pkg and we are required to scan and deliver these to the P.O. There were instances where the consignee would meet me on the road asking for their pkg. Rather than explain it, which they wouldn't understand, I would simply say that I didn't have it, and then deliver it to the P.O. In some of our more rural areas the P.O. have limited hours so it can be a struggle to get some of these delivered.

Big Babooba

I had a guy come up to me wanting to know what I did with his LL Bean package. He said it was signed for by XXXXXXX. I told him to go to the Post Office.

We both are talking about UPS right?

There are 2 bar codes. Our system doesn't recognize theirs and theirs doesn't recognize ours.
I

over9five

Staff member
Technically it was delivered to the destination that we are getting paid to deliver it to.

This is true, but the dumb customer (me this time) has been told his package was shipped UPS, and UPS then told me the package was delivered. No one mentions the middle man.

The text should have said, "Your package has been delivered to your post office, and you should receive it soon".

Anyone from Corporate listening?

rod

Retired 22 years
This is true, but the dumb customer (me this time) has been told his package was shipped UPS, and UPS then told me the package was delivered. No one mentions the middle man.

The text should have said, "Your package has been delivered to your post office, and you should receive it soon".

Anyone from Corporate listening?

Oh - believe me they are listening!!!! Just not for constructive stuff like this.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

The part that I dislike about Basic on a rural area is that many times you will drive by the address that the pkg is going to so that you can deliver it to the Post Office so that they can process it and deliver it the following day to the address that you just drove by. However, as Jones said, there are 2 barcodes on the pkg and we are required to scan and deliver these to the P.O. There were instances where the consignee would meet me on the road asking for their pkg. Rather than explain it, which they wouldn't understand, I would simply say that I didn't have it, and then deliver it to the P.O. In some of our more rural areas the P.O. have limited hours so it can be a struggle to get some of these delivered.
This is plain dumb.

In Mrs O95`s purse?
To be used at a later date.

Yup. Post a picture of your DIAD, you'll hear from them right away....
How about we post a picture and 9/5's info?:wink2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection

That is exactly what happens. I delievered to the PO on Brick Kiln and l/a dock. I am sure it is confusing to customers.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It is confusing, and savvy customers will opt out of this option at least for the one day delay. Had a lady call UPS and ask why the PO lady signed for her package, and why did it go there, and why would it not get to her til tomorrow, and how she disliked that PO lady anyhow. Yep, nice to speed up the confusion by sending it to your cell the day before you can actually get it delivered.

evilleace

Basic is a bad idea I had something delivered that was basic it sat at a post office for two weeks and all the 800 number people tell you is that it has been delivered to the post office.

Also it is just outsourcing and I feel we should do away with it. I have loaded routes that have 50-70 packages a day going to the post office and there are multiple routes like this in my building. Last week one route down the belt from me got at least 200-250 basic packages for the post office that is a lot of stops taken away from us and possibly a laid off driver because of it.

upsgrunt

I have 7 posts offices on my extended route and it's getting out of hand. The stuff was originally supposed to be small and inexpensive merchandise, but the packages just keep getting bigger and bigger. They are not easy stops, as it is hard to stack 15 bags and 15 boxes on a cart and wheel them into a rural Post Office.