whinny driver

rod

Retired 22 years
Seems to me that the origional poster is a tad bit on the "whinny" side himself. How about just doing your job and let management figure out why this pkg isn't getting delivered.:peaceful:

drewed

Shankman
If i were the driver id be pissed....depending on your wording and since your post has a very hostile tone, youre creating a hostile work enviroment and i would have bitched and complained till the sup had done something
If i were the supervisor, we d be sitting down with a steward, you came to me with a question, i answered it; then you took it upon yourself to supercede whatever i said and harass another employee.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I agree with some of the others who said the contract is clear, go ahead and get hurt lifting an over 70 and see how fast you get blamed for being hurt, now we have all lifted over 70 pound pkgs before just to get them out of our way, but I'm not lifting a 140 pounder by myself no way, had a treadmill one day weighed almost 170 what was it even doing on my pkg car, i called center customer wouldn't help me, i said id get it up there but if i get hurt its on them 15 Min's later my fellow driver showed up to help me. ill only play superman to a certain point then it becomes just stupid.

hdkappler

read n.a.b.e.r. about a month ago about the customer told a ups driver.it was interesting.he said for free benifits ups people can't complain.he told the driver he would do his job for free benefits.only 13.00 an hour,people work for less everyday who can't get overtime.this must of been a whinnig driver?

BigBrownSanta

Good job! Without actually knowing any of the facts, you were immediately able to realize it was all managements fault. Of course, after reading a number of your posts, it seems like thats the way it is,in your view, with everything on this board. It really is sad.

Now that I am off work, I had to reread the original post a second time to make sure I didn't miss any clues. The original post says the driver refuses to deliver the package.

There's only one (1) reason that I know of that a driver can refuse to make a delivery and that's delivering +70's without assistance. There are many reasons for not delivering a package like not in, closed, no money, no adult, but none of these allows a driver to refuse to deliver the package.

I'm not saying there aren't other reasons a driver can refuse to deliver a package, I'm just saying that's the only reason I know of.

With all that said, the responsibility falls on the sup to get the driver assistance. If assistance is not provided, then the sup is not doing their job.

Nockahate9

If it is an issue of not getting help, would a sup be so stupid to still not send any help after three attempts. Wouldn't that make them look bad. If it is still there in the morning I will ask atatbl what the hold up is.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

read n.a.b.e.r. about a month ago about the customer told a ups driver.it was interesting.he said for free benifits ups people can't complain.he told the driver he would do his job for free benefits.only 13.00 an hour,people work for less everyday who can't get overtime.this must of been a whinnig driver?

Interestingly, I pay 66/month for my benefits, show me the free benefits please. :knockedout:

Nockahate9

Seems to me that the origional poster is a tad bit on the "whinny" side himself. How about just doing your job and let management figure out why this pkg isn't getting delivered.:peaceful:
I am the last person to whine, just curious and thought I would ask everyones opinion. I think its ridiculous how others act.

govols019

You smell that?
Stop loading it in the wrong truck!

Funniest thing I've read all day. :happy-very:

As far as the OP goes, if you're so worried about what other people do or don't do then go into management. Just because your sup said the driver refused to deliver the box doesn't mean that's the truth.

On another note, if you left a note like that in my truck me and you would be having a serious discussion about your future.

If i were the driver id be pissed....depending on your wording and since your post has a very hostile tone, youre creating a hostile work enviroment and i would have bitched and complained till the sup had done something
If i were the supervisor, we d be sitting down with a steward, you came to me with a question, i answered it; then you took it upon yourself to supercede whatever i said and harass another employee.
Correct Drewed and not only that but the customer will eventually see the "nasty little note" scrolled on the package. I'm thinking management would not like that.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yesh I hit up 3 115 pound packages, 8 73 pounders, one 105 and very large up and over a block in teh car and about 1000 packages all around of many weights and shape just today.. and without help even.

I havent had any help loading cars in about 4 months now, especially with stuff over 70 pounds.

Never thought about the issue of bringing up packages that weigh a lot up a flight of stairs, thats a new one. Sooner or later, ill hear just about everything I suppose.

I get upset at least once day on average, you have to expect any normal person would.

over9five

Staff member
Good job! Without actually knowing any of the facts, you were immediately able to realize it was all managements fault. Of course, after reading a number of your posts, it seems like thats the way it is,in your view, with everything on this board. It really is sad.

Ouch, Grami just dissed me! Not sure if you're trolling me, Grami, but I think I'm pretty even-handed. Please check out my recent posts in the following threads where I defended the management team:

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/how-sale-reps-are-paid.177029/

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/misloads.177476/

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/are-you-ok.176746/

Yikes!

FromBluetoBrown

Correct Drewed and not only that but the customer will eventually see the "nasty little note" scrolled on the package. I'm thinking management would not like that.

Kind of reminds me of a funny story from when I was in the Navy. We were in the Indian Ocean waiting for the carrier to relieve us on station so that we could go home. They were still in Florida trying to get their engines working so by the time they got to us they were 2 months late in relieving us. Well we were transferring all of our leftover ordnance to them but before we gave it to them we wrote with magic markers all over the bombs we were giving them. I wont say what he wrote but the ordnancemen on the other ship werent too happy with us. And our captain got a nice phone call from the Commander in Chief-Atlantic Fleet about the literary prowess of his ordnancemen.

Nockahate9

Well, the package was not there this morning. But there was a note left in the truck saying that he wore his SUPERMAN underwear yesterday....LOL.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, the package was not there this morning. But there was a note left in the truck saying that he wore his SUPERMAN underwear yesterday....LOL.

It sounds like your driver has a good sense of humor. Next time, just talk to him. There very well may have been a good reason that he couldn't get rid of it. Believe, we don't like handling them anymore than you guys do.