Who can help with a logo ? Dizzee, maybe ???

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are many types, brands and flavors of K-Cups.......if you have one, that's not a true test.
I think Klein is in the minority here.

When it comes to hot coffee, I hate Starbucks, Peets, CB&TL and others.....they are all way to strong, bold for me.

I guess it comes down to individual tastes.............I think Keurig and all their types of coffees has something for every taste.

klein

Für Meno :)
I am in the minority. Remember, I'm European and love everything fresh, and not a fan of fast food.
I rather have freshly grounded coffee beans, then some small container of coffee that has been stored in warehouses and stores for ages.

Like I previously stated, it's more work to brew, but well worth the effort.
If this one ever breaks down, trust me, I'll never go back to using pre-grinded coffee, and get another Brew & Grind machine.

klein

Well, just got the phonecall, and off I go to Vilma, Alberta for the weekend.
County fair on Saturday, then the Antique Car Show on Sunday.

Not looking forward to camping over night though - no hotel/motel rooms available :(

Suppose to be nice hot weather, so, I guess it won't be that uncomfortable sleeping outside for a night or 2.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How do you keep the cart/area clean without cleaning all night? Tinfoil everywhere? Just curious as I am considering taking the plunge on one foe summer events around here.

klein

Well, no not really tinfolie, however I do have 3 tinfoil containers where I put my knives in, and another one for overcooked or broken dogs, and 1 more to make steamed/fried onions as a freebie extra add on.

I do use those clorex wipes every now and then, to clean the sinks and surface of the cart.

However, cleaning very close around the grill is impossible while in operation, and so are the steamers, but every small break I have, I do clean what I can, including the glass.
A clean cart does sell a lot more then a filthy one, and I always go around to the front side, so I can see what the customers see, and if I see dirt or filth from that side, I remove it instantly (clean windows, sinks, surface of the cart, or whatever it may take - to make it look totally clean) :)

If you do try it out , you'll see how much money you can earn on a cassh business. It's awesome ! I totally recommend it.

Last Saturday, I cleared over $2000, but did pay staff appx $500 with tips, (needed 2 extra ones, plus even their kid).

Still, for working from 11am - 5pm, earning $1500 net on a Saturday, - that's pretty good money (mind you, doesn't count the set-up time, nor the take down time).

But , was done all in a days work, left home at 9am, got back at 7pm.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have a very busy road out front from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Then, hunting season and the fish heads that come looking for salmon. I am on a corner that is hard to describe, but it is part of a triangle, so traffic would have different options. Plus, the bicyclists that just stop over there like it's a public park. So, why not take advantage of it! If I don't go back to work, I will work for myself. I have all the stuff I need, already. Eventually, I might get a towable cart. :) thank you, Kleiny.

klein

You should definitly give it a shot, and even if that corner of yours doesn't have the sales you need to live off, you can easily get into fairs and other events.

My biggest tip is that you don't buy those cheap 10 cents dogs, and go rather my way, and get good ones from a larger butcher or from a meat plant directly.
At this last event I went to, the couple (just 10 meters away from me), was selling those cheap dogs, and the only time that people went to buy off him, was when my line-up became too huge. Yes, I pay over 50 cents each for mine, but, I sell much more, and I'm proud of what I sell. And, I always get repeat customers and many compliments. So, I know, I'm doing all things right.
I'll give you more tips when you are ready to get going on your new adventure.

Who knows, maybe you'll come to one of my events next year, and help me, plus get all the training and expertise you need ? :)

Next year, I'll try to hit every outdoor event during the summer, that I'll have more then enough money earned to take all winter off. And that's very possible, since the events we went to this year, we already get for next year - we just need to add a few more, starting earlier in the Spring/early Summer.

And, I'm certain you'll make it, too ! Easy enough to do, and lots of time off. :)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sounds good to me!! We have the locally famous Hoffman's. Or, the Liehs and whatever I told you about. I haven't tried them yet, though. I hate cheap hot dogs, so I won't buy them as I won't eat my own product if I do. Yikes!! I will keep you posted what I do. All depends on if this next surgery works or not. If I do go back to work, I will probably be too beat to do it. But, that would get me the fast cash to buy my own cart!! LOL!!

klein

If you do go back to work, you still have the opportunity to try the business weekends only, and if you realize you earn just as much or even more just working weekends - then you'll know what to do :)

Just too bad you need to pay for your own health insurance there, but the new Obamacare might just work out excellent for you, too :)

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you do go back to work, you still have the opportunity to try the business weekends only, and if you realize you earn just as much or even more just working weekends - then you'll know what to do :)

Just too bad you need to pay for your own health insurance there, but the new Obamacare might just work out excellent for you, too :)

Yeah, the health care crap is baloney. I might just do both. What have I got to lose? :)

klein

Holy crap, things can't always work perfect, I noticed................. Long story short : Blew tire on trailer that was carrying all the pop coolers, deep freezer, hot dog cart, as a result the axle broke, and I also lost all control of my brakes (drove over 200 km home without any ) !
- Had to buy another trailer for my brother to pull, (instead of me), and that one blew up, too !

Now, we need to drive another 2 hrs to pick up the `crap` we had to leave behind !

My hotdog cart is 2/3 of the size it used to be (all glass broken in pieces - laying all over the highway)....
So, basically 1 big loss, and we don't think we'll be up and running for next weekends event :(

But, I must admit, I was busier then hell - and couldn't even turn my back to get to the freezer and put more hotdogs in the steamer.... - was a never ending line-up, once again !

Made $1500 in a day, but that all goes to repairs now :(

Oh well, was still worth the fun. Our damm dog chased a pig thru the farmers field, and plenty of people took a dive into the coffin.
I'll have to post some pics later, and also make another youtube vid...... It's going to be awesome ! :)

klein

oh yeah, got :censored2: for that one (the dog chasing the pig). Pig got lose somehow and 3 farmers were chasing it, and then our dog got into the chase, too.

Farmers were screaming at me, to call the dog back.
Told them not to worry, I don't think the dog smells pork chops !

They said, that's not the point, it's chasing the pig right further into the deep woods.... (all caught on video, too) LOL

upsgrunt

Holy crap, things can't always work perfect, I noticed................. Long story short : Blew tire on trailer that was carrying all the pop coolers, deep freezer, hot dog cart, as a result the axle broke, and I also lost all control of my brakes (drove over 200 km home without any ) !
- Had to buy another trailer for my brother to pull, (instead of me), and that one blew up, too !

Now, we need to drive another 2 hrs to pick up the `crap` we had to leave behind !

My hotdog cart is 2/3 of the size it used to be (all glass broken in pieces - laying all over the highway)....
So, basically 1 big loss, and we don't think we'll be up and running for next weekends event :(

But, I must admit, I was busier then hell - and couldn't even turn my back to get to the freezer and put more hotdogs in the steamer.... - was a never ending line-up, once again !

Made $1500 in a day, but that all goes to repairs now :(

Oh well, was still worth the fun. Our damm dog chased a pig thru the farmers field, and plenty of people took a dive into the coffin.
I'll have to post some pics later, and also make another youtube vid...... It's going to be awesome ! :)

Are you over loading the capacity of the trailer?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Are you over loading the capacity of the trailer?

I bet he was going too fast, for too long. Most small utility trailers (sized appropriately for his minivan) have small diameter tires and wheel bearings with a speed rating/limit of 45 mph (I think it's about 73 kph). He said the event was 200 km (120+ miles) away.

klein

Civilized places have leash laws for dogs.

You know you probably don't have small villages in southern Cali. This village only has a population of under 500 (and can't make it to a "Town title".
It reminded me so much of the TV show "Corner Gas". Everybody knows everyone.

I was surprised to see a cop car with cardboard signage on both front doors " Vilna Police" . So, I had to ask " So, the villiage doesn't have enough money to give the car a paint job ?"

Cop said "nope"

Later that same cop ran into a young guy close to our stands, and reminded him, he needed to pay the $300 fine for ddriving without a driver's license, and a warrant has been issued against him.
But they didn't arrest him or anything.
Small village people help eachother out.... and that was great to finally see and experience in real life.

They even bought from us, mostly because my accident was talk of the village, and they wanted to constribute for repairs needed.
Awesome people ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know you probably don't have small villages in southern Cali. This village only has a population of under 500 (and can't make it to a "Town title".
It reminded me so much of the TV show "Corner Gas". Everybody knows everyone.

I was surprised to see a cop car with cardboard signage on both front doors " Vilna Police" . So, I had to ask " So, the villiage doesn't have enough money to give the car a paint job ?"

Cop said "nope"

Later that same cop ran into a young guy close to our stands, and reminded him, he needed to pay the $300 fine for ddriving without a driver's license, and a warrant has been issued against him.
But they didn't arrest him or anything.
Small village people help eachother out.... and that was great to finally see and experience in real life.

They even bought from us, mostly because my accident was talk of the village, and they wanted to constribute for repairs needed.
Awesome people ! :)

Well, you rambled on & on.......but you're still not suppose to let a dog run loose. People around here think they're doing their dog a favor by letting them run loose on a trail ........until the rattlesnake strikes or the coyote grabs them........especially the little chihuahuas that are so common. People who love their dogs will keep them on a leash............and it's the law here. I see it enforced all the time. It's not worth the fine OR your dog being torn to shreds by a coyote.