Who decides if I DR at the gate or forced to go all the way to the house ?

ManInBrown

The bid driver had a routine on a route like that for sure. Some he probably brought all the way to the house, and some customers were probably cool with leaving inside the gate. Gotta check with the previous driver.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You don't have a "stop comment" tab ?

I type in locked gate, or locked porch & driver release at the gate, weather bagged.

The plus of having a rural area is the windshield time, along with less stress on your body.

You're hourly, so do what it takes to safely release those boxes. I'm on team eggplant, so a salary day sux... vs your hourly pay plus OT as after 8 hours

Less traffic to deal with those idiot drivers who thinks they are the center of the universe too

OrioN

Why?

It's his route now
Because it's easier to compile route knowledge from the bid driver who can do that route with both eyes closed?

When I left my bid route to become a swing/ cover driver for the summer, I left cheat sheets of certain customers homes that require some extra focus to safely get rid of boxes with no chance of a DFU or customer complaints

Also had misplots that split off to neighboring routes & to yank those stops off the truck...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because it's easier to compile route knowledge from the bid driver who can do that route with both eyes closed?

When I left my bid route to become a swing/ cover driver for the summer, I left cheat sheets of certain customers homes that require some extra focus to safely get rid of boxes with no chance of a DFU or customer complaints

Also had misplots that split off to neighboring routes & to yank those stops off the truck...
I don't go thru closed gates that don't automatically open. It's that simple.

Don't care what the previous guy did.

OrioN

Well, the op is the new bid route driver... up to him to acquire the route knowledge the easy way or the hard way.

Ahhh, I thought teamsters have a thing called teamwork

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
CaptainObvious_SaluteAnimated.gif

rocket man

Just took a rural route. I’ve never been on a route that has so many gates with roads to the house anywhere from one mile up to about 4-5 miles. I’ve got some gate codes but to actually go in each gate would put me out a couple extra hours each day. I’m already doing 9-10 hrs a day and DR at as many gates as I can. The driver before was doing way less stops so I guess he had the time. No complaints yet but just want know if the gate is the best place to DR
being a new driver with experience you have under article 28 subsection C paragraph 5 article 7 you must make that decision on your own it's in the book

rod

Retired 22 years
Ha !

I remember a pkg division manager that was the same way.

He would tell drivers "We don't need your help, thoughts, or suggestions"

We run the business.

The Union always told us that UPS has every right to run their company into the ground if they so chose. I think they chose to once they went public.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’d do what one of the high seniority drivers does on his rural bid route. 9.5 and go to every house to get a signature, unless it is shipper release. Not your problem how long it takes.