Who else?

Sierra44

Now go home and get yer freakin’ shine box!!
I hope not everyone thinks all the hub workers are lazy. there are some hardworking people. Maybe not many, but there are.
As a cover driver. I can tell who the hard workers are. When I have a different route almost everyday, I know which ones are just going through the motions. Some aren't as much "lazy" as they don't seem to get it. It's a difficult job I know. Its management's responsibility to properly train loaders. Not drivers.

KaiserTom

You're going to have a heck of a time once you graduate and find a job. People who do just enough to get by are a dime a dozen.

I know, this isn't my first song and dance, but with UPS I don't really need to care. I'm not going to go anywhere in the company in terms of management and if I wanted to drive it would be based purely on seniority and driving record so performance means jack anyways. Not to mention the union will back me up especially if I keep my high frequency up. I'm not going to push myself to my fullest when it means nothing, I've already gone that route with my other jobs and ended up only getting yelled at to work even harder regardless of if I was the hardest working on the team.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I know, this isn't my first song and dance, but with UPS I don't really need to care. I'm not going to go anywhere in the company in terms of management and if I wanted to drive it would be based purely on seniority and driving record so performance means jack anyways. Not to mention the union will back me up especially if I keep my high frequency up. I'm not going to push myself to my fullest when it means nothing, I've already gone that route with my other jobs and ended up only getting yelled at to work even harder regardless of if I was the hardest working on the team.
You're going to have a heck of time in life if you keep that attitude.

GG UPS

who else just lets the slide get blown up to the pick off then waits for management to come and load the trucks for you so you can file of them?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Maybe we should hide the UPS Discussions forum to unregistered users and users who have been members < 90 days, less than 50 likes, or something and put up a fake General discussions forum that they can troll er access.

Get me a steward

I have to pick up your slack....every day....it's annoying. The day goes by quicker if you work harder.
Get out of my way and get a job you're qualified for....asking, "You want fries with that?"
These are the guys that make ups a bad place to work. Can't realize that the faster you go the more work they give you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
in education they call it the dumbing down effect. at major corporations all over the country it is now called the entitlement effect.

everyone feels entitled and if they don't get their way they threaten to sue using the gender card, the race card, the obese card, the my feelings are hurt card.

the country is going down the toilet.

No_Member_Name

Who else goes slow as possible the entire time while preloading until they send you home every day

keep us updated when you apply for another job and give UPS and your supervisor as a reference. That exactly what he's going to tell the manager of the job that your appling for

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I'm still in favor of mandatory military service or some kind of a Peace Corps thing for kids out of high school. One learns life long lessons there.