Who Fuels Up?

dezguy

We were told that using a Rewards card when fueling is considered theft and would be dealt with accordingly. Something about usurping the company's discount. Be advised.
Yup, we have never been allowed to use a points card. Our corporate cards even say "no points" right on them.

Seen quite a few people fired for using a points card, over the years.

!Retired!

Coworker got tired of the same BS. So he would only replace the amount he figured he used each day. What I call being a justifiable d*ckhead.
Same with a guy in my loop. I don't blame him 1 bit.
As posted in previous threads, fill up at a gas station with a rewards program and get free stuff
We had a few couriers try it and say it didn't work.

PM never fills my truck. If it's not used on the PM, I can get 3-4 days on a tank. One week I filled on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and following Monday. Yes, I get paid for filling......but it gets old.

Oldfart

I've been told nothing. Until I'm told, I'll continue.
Ignorance is, well in your case.

I know the fuelman card gives the company a discount. Getting rewards COULD cancel the discount, not for sure. While you are at it, throw a candy bar and a pack of smokes on there the next time you fill up. We had an EX employee do that once. Still not sure how he thought he was gonna get away with that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IMG_0233.GIF

!Retired!

I know the fuelman card gives the company a discount. Getting rewards COULD cancel the discount, not for sure. While you are at it, throw a candy bar and a pack of smokes on there the next time you fill up. We had an EX employee do that once. Still not sure how he thought he was gonna get away with that.
The manager that handles the cards told me if you try charging anything but fuel, it will void the transaction and freeze the card. I'm pretty sure that courier was not entirely truthful. If it somehow went through, he could be charged with a misdemeanor theft charge.

Oldfart

The manager that handles the cards told me if you try charging anything but fuel, it will void the transaction and freeze the card. I'm pretty sure that courier was not entirely truthful. If it somehow went through, he could be charged with a misdemeanor theft charge.
It didn't go through. At that time, the store held our credit card and we all used the same station. The store called the station to report it. The employee lied about trying to do it despite the store camera catching it. Got a 3rd warning letter and shown the door. He had other issues and it finally caught up with him. My card is called a "FUEL MAN" for a reason.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It didn't go through. At that time, the store held our credit card and we all used the same station. The store called the station to report it. The employee lied about trying to do it despite the store camera catching it. Got a 3rd warning letter and shown the door. He had other issues and it finally caught up with him. My card is called a "FUEL MAN" for a reason.
Lol. One fuel card for the whole station? That would never work at mine. Ours is "Fleet".

outtatime

Same with a guy in my loop. I don't blame him 1 bit.

We had a few couriers try it and say it didn't work.

PM never fills my truck. If it's not used on the PM, I can get 3-4 days on a tank. One week I filled on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and following Monday. Yes, I get paid for filling......but it gets old.
You must not drive an Isuzu. Whoever decided to put a 20 gallon tank in a delivery truck should be burned at the stake.

Oldfart

Must be hard for the 85 trucks in the AM to fuel up at 1 station with 1 card. Or the old man is lying again.
Whatever you say. Do the words, "AT THE TIME" mean anything to a pea brain? This was 10 or so years ago. The station was about 1/8 mile from the station. Too convenient. Never said we had 85 trucks. I believe we have 65 or so am rts. 15 or so swings and 4 or 5 rts shared between 2 PT people. Either way, we all used the same station and they held the card and we all fueled there. Then we had a tanker fuel our trucks for a few years then we all got cards.

Oldfart

Is our station the only station that has more people than routes? I guess we are the only station with swings to cover vacation and sick days and the only station with routes split between to 2 pt couriers working different days. Interesting. I guess we are cutting edge.

MAKAVELI

Is our station the only station that has more people than routes? I guess we are the only station with swings to cover vacation and sick days and the only station with routes split between to 2 pt couriers working different days. Interesting. I guess we are cutting edge.
85 "people " on the AM would indicate you have 85 routes. You might want to specify next time.

Oldfart

85 "people " on the AM would indicate you have 85 routes. You might want to specify next time.
How so? When we bid vacation, the seniority list shows 85 people. How does that indicate 85 routes? Doesn't every station have more people than routes? Maybe our station is ran different than others as far as manning.