Who has the “Sweetest” Route or “Deal”? - On Topic

Nolimitz

awaiting full confirmation but I think I've got best (retirement rte) in the bag. Mega window time and little real work.... to be continued!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don’t know if I have the sweetest route, but I don’t have any trailer parks or Walmarts on my route. So I count those two things as a win.
As efficient as Walmart is about unlocking their doors, it's a miracle that there's merchandise on the shelves.

Star B

White Lightening
I don’t know if I have the sweetest route, but I don’t have any trailer parks or Walmarts on my route. So I count those two things as a win.
Trailer parks seem to be hit or miss. There's two that I can think off that I don't really mind delivering to because they are well maintained, well marked, and MAKE SENSE. None of this "I wanna be a suburbia planner in my little own land of hitlerville! YOU WILL DO 5MPH!!!!! SIG HEIL!"

And on topic, the only people that have "sweet" deals at my station are the ones that are the managers brownnoser. The ones that get 100 stops all tight and then cry and get 30 dumped to a swing just cuz.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Ever notice that the more serene or classier-sounding the trailer park name, the trashier it usually is? Misty Acres....Regal Manor Estates. Those places you just know are going to be rife with crackheads, pedophiles, rapists and WalMartians - and some, I assume, are good people.

Oldfart

Never driven a Sprinter but nothing wrong with Walgreens especially since we don't have to go in the back door now. Car dealerships are some of the easiest deliveries you can make. Except for an occasional big box, all the dealerships I have delivered to were easy stops. You can keep the Walmart and Sams stops.

Cactus

If you drive a Sprinter and do not have a Walgreens,Fedex Office or car dealerships. Then you have a nice route
The only advantage to Sprinters I found was the a/c. They perform poorly in the snow and ice, all the problems with the DEF fluid and the lack of cargo space compared to a W-700, they left a lot to be desired.

Cactus

We have one that has receiving hours that stop at 10:30... so if they have No P1...guess what happens. Door tag and try again tomorrow.
That is just downright stupid. But guaranteed, if a Wal-Mart truck shows up past then, that policy will go right out the window.

Bingo

Never driven a Sprinter but nothing wrong with Walgreens especially since we don't have to go in the back door now. Car dealerships are some of the easiest deliveries you can make. Except for an occasional big box, all the dealerships I have delivered to were easy stops. You can keep the Walmart and Sams stops.
The problem having a Walgreens on your route is at the end of your day you have to deliver the redirect holds there

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
OMG, I detested auto dealerships in my courier days. I have so many stories involving those jokers.

I had one place try to haggle with me on the shipping charges, and another time I had to pick up a gas tank. I got a few miles down the road when it began to dawn on me that there was still gas in the damn thing. I had dispatch call the dealership and tell them exactly where they could find it on the side of the road.

Yeah, they can be a real riot to deal with.