Who Is Voting Yes or No?

Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 96 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 46.1%

• Total voters

anonymous23456

Stay out of it, cubicle boy. 🤣. I couldn’t resist.
Are you talking to me??? No, I won't come in Saturday, but you might! :D

Office-Space-Feature.png

Thebrownblob

Why automatic strike? Wouldn't the Teamsters find out first why the membership rejected the contract? All they have to do is fix the pension money redistribution scheme.
They will find out because there will be meetings. and not everyone wants the Pension fixed. There’s dozens of issues people think are worth an no vote over not just the one that you’re worried about. We voted the 2/3 rule out and Sean Obrian said he was going to get us the best contract possible and he feels he has. A No vote would be a repudiation of both the company and the union negotiators.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They will find out because there will be meetings. and not everyone wants the Pension fixed. There’s dozens of issues people think are worth an no vote over not just the one that you’re worried about. We voted the 2/3 rule out and Sean Obrian said he was going to get us the best contract possible and he feels he has. A No vote would be a repudiation of both the company and the union negotiators.
Might be better to find the cause of rejection first, but that's just me.

Thebrownblob

Might be better to find the cause of rejection first, but that's just me.
Like I said, there’s dozens of causes. Sean O’Brien has already told us that’s the best they can get through negotiating, the only other thing he can do to win more is a strike. He has no intention of letting us work without a contract for months.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If it really it means making some pensions stronger for the long run, I can’t see O’Brien backing down from that.

Thebrownblob

If it really it means making some pensions stronger for the long run, I can’t see O’Brien backing down from that.
I mean in all honesty, he could fix that and make certain people happy, and it still can get voted down because of other things. Although I do truly believe he does not think UPS will give us anything else without a strike at this point.

Brown Down

I asked one of the stewards today about the switch from an option week to using it as 5 sick days. On preload, we are working Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday is always a "shirt-show" because we have a lot of young folks who decide not to show up for the day. I can see the sick days being used every Saturday until they are exhausted. None of the drivers want to come in on Saturday to work (can't blame them!). At what point will they use these "sick days" against folks who decide to just call in on Saturday and use a sick day? The steward I asked today wasn't sure.
I'm pretty sure it was asked about in our center when they were forcing a few in on saturdays and the general consensus was how can they code you out on a non scheduled day. I'm not sure how the meeting went exactly but i do know no one is forced anymore at least not for weeks at a time. Somehow i think the whole no call no show/burning of a sick day was just a bluff on the companies side to get people in. Granted this could also be a supplemental thing because of varying language.