Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 96 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 46.1%

• Total voters

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You ain't @UpstateNYUPSer(Ret). We actually enjoy your posts.
eyebrows-raise.gif

Red Headed Stranger

I asked one of the stewards today about the switch from an option week to using it as 5 sick days. On preload, we are working Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday is always a "shirt-show" because we have a lot of young folks who decide not to show up for the day. I can see the sick days being used every Saturday until they are exhausted. None of the drivers want to come in on Saturday to work (can't blame them!). At what point will they use these "sick days" against folks who decide to just call in on Saturday and use a sick day? The steward I asked today wasn't sure.

nWo

I asked one of the stewards today about the switch from an option week to using it as 5 sick days. On preload, we are working Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday is always a "shirt-show" because we have a lot of young folks who decide not to show up for the day. I can see the sick days being used every Saturday until they are exhausted. None of the drivers want to come in on Saturday to work (can't blame them!). At what point will they use these "sick days" against folks who decide to just call in on Saturday and use a sick day? The steward I asked today wasn't sure.

I would imagine management could start using sick days on the first call off.

Thebrownblob

There’s nothing that says they can’t.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Going on strike will not get us a better deal. There is nothing to be gained from striking and no good will come from it. This deal is too good to turn down. I attended a meeting at my local union hall today and all the new language was covered. Wages, health insurance, pension, etc, all good. Don’t vote this down.
Don't have to strike, but the welfare pension problem has to be fixed. Contributions should be equal.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Voting down the national will put us on strike. And I’m fine either way I have plenty of money saved.
Why automatic strike? Wouldn't the Teamsters find out first why the membership rejected the contract? All they have to do is fix the pension money redistribution scheme.