Who Noticed A Tax Break?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I call it a win not having to itemize. My taxes held from my pension were the same, i didnt have to itemize, and i got back1507.00 federal back.....owe 170.00 state and 260 school. Last year i owed 270 federal and 170 state and 260 school. So im winning. I prefer to owe a small amount vs giving it to the govt. I need to change my w4..

oldngray

nowhere special
I call it a win not having to itemize. My taxes held from my pension were the same, i didnt have to itemize, and i got back1507.00 federal back.....owe 170.00 state and 260 school. Last year i owed 270 federal and 170 state and 260 school. So im winning. I prefer to owe a small amount vs giving it to the govt. I need to change my w4..

Its good except for people living in high state tax places. For me not itemizing and doubling the standard deduction was a win.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I put the extra bring home (tax cut) in my 401K in which my day job company matches .40 to the $1.00 of mine and put 35% of UPS pay in the teamsters 401K. It lowers my overall taxable income My state and local are under $10K I live in South Jersey. I should be ok, going to the accountant Friday.

Bad Gas!

Did turbo tax deluxe. 1st full year pension- got back 1600 fed, 200 state in Western N.C. That's a nice chunk considering we are living off a 43k pension minus $4800 for healthcare. Plus got an increase last feb when new tax law took effect. Thanks Trump...ps, scratch I pay less property tax than the Atl. Area that I retired from but NC does have state tax. We enjoy the cooler summer weather than hot-lanta, but winters are colder but not Yankee states cold..lol

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I went to the accountant yesterday. I owe $2001.00.I took the bi-weekly tax cut $250.00 put it in 401K $6,500.00 my FT company matched $2,600.00.So the tax cut benefited me personally $7,000.00.I will deduct $100.00 a paycheck the rest of the year to accommodate the shortfall.