Who runs misloads in your center??

no one comes and gets them, they barely answer the phone or respond to the misload message. Oh but we have new software in our truck to stop the misloads finally. Been asking for ten years to get them to scan the boxes before the go in the truck. Overall, they make us run them (do as instructed :bsbullf:or get a warning letter)
Years ago preloaders scanned the boxes with their eyeballs and never had misloads. We were also paid driver type wages instead of $10/hr. minimum wages and no benefits.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Just wondering if drivers with low seniority are forced or if guys that want the hours volunteer. In my hub in the center I drive for low seniority drivers are forced usually Thursday's and Friday's. The center over its all guys with 15 years seniority and over that do them.

In our center
latest

Or whoever else they can find.

dudebro

Years ago preloaders scanned the boxes with their eyeballs and never had misloads. We were also paid driver type wages instead of $10/hr. minimum wages and no benefits.
It was NOT so rosy. Basically, years ago, with no scanning and no visibility, no one even knew there WERE misloads, unless a VIP called for some important package. I can remember walking through the yard and finding entire trailers that should have been unloaded a day or two ago...

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
loaders were involved more and learned the routine faster cause knowledge was the key. Now the dummy computer can do a better job while moving the loaders around and sending them home earlier so we can finish loading the packed car. And why put a sequence number on the package and load 4 cars. Skip over a dollar to save a dime.

It was NOT so rosy. Basically, years ago, with no scanning and no visibility, no one even knew there WERE misloads, unless a VIP called for some important package. I can remember walking through the yard and finding entire trailers that should have been unloaded a day or two ago...
The driver and the preloader knew if there was a misload. Of course the preloader loaded adjacent cars so a misload was not that big of a deal. Now you have misloads for different towns and zip codes. As far as missing trailers, doesn't that still happen? Can't blame an hourly for that.

watdaflock?

We have had instances where drivers on their way home ( in proximity to where they live) drive a pkg to its destination and have extra time placed in their check...few minutes etc
Any of your drivers concerned about being involved in an accident, while delivering a package in their personal vehicle?

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had instances where drivers on their way home ( in proximity to where they live) drive a pkg to its destination and have extra time placed in their check...few minutes etc

We have not done that for at least 10 years. If you are delivering on your way home and were to crash your personal vehicle, whose insurance pays for the damage?? Plus, personal vehicles do not have a DOT number or pay commercial vehicle tax.

We also used to shuttle air in personal vehicles if there were not any PCs available. We got paid mileage for it. We common to see 5-6 personal vehicles lined up at the belt for late air. That went away too.

Kind of surprised any center manager would allow packages to be delivered from a personal vehicle.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
AM air drivers run most of our misloads. Either deliver them or shuttle them to the right driver depending on the flavor of the day. Can easily add two to three hours a day to your paycheck.

If they do deliver them, they need to be paid drivers top rate the entire time that they worked.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our air guys shuttle out misloads. They offer to deliver air, but have been told that they will not be paid ground rate, so they do not offer to deliver ground. We had 1 air driver try to get ground rate, so now they are told they cannot deliver ground.

Sometimes they will set up meets with drivers to exchange misloads, sometimes run them. I have been running them more and more.

StoptheAct1212

If it can be serviced. You deliver it... common sence.. but if its out of area, somone will come get it. And handle it....
Customer should not suffer for our employee mistakes..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sups will grab them off the wrong car....bring them to the correct driver to deliver.....if we r close enough we r told to meet the proper driver
Leave'em at the Kwik shop, toll booth, fire station or anywhere else the sup happens to dream up

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

More than a few landed in the send again pile

Especially on Fridays