Who will BUSH Pardon?

av8torntn

Nice Try AV8: But why don't you change your Kitty litter cause it's getting stale and your stepping in it :pet:.....Denial of Libby's conviction of "Obstruction of Justice and blocking a Federal investigation" is very juvenile. As an official working for the Gov't, his involvement could have been considered Treason, had a congress with a backbone brought Bush/Cheney up on criminal charges and impeachment hearings.

I think I get it now. In liberal speak Ob of justice is terrorism but planting bombs and engaging in a war with the US is not. That is possibly the strangest thing that I have seen on here. Look Kitten I never and I mean never denied the conviction of Libby on those charges of obstruction of justice. I will say as far as I know he was never convicted, and you have not posted any proof other wise, of a conviction of outing a covert agent. As far as I know Woodward claimed to the end that Richard Armitage was the guy that talked about Plame.

I don't know what you guys want about the WMD's in Iraq. I posted on the other thread pictures for you and the official report to Congress. You can keep saying there were no WMD's in Iraq but it is just as false now as it was when Kerry ran. If you would think for yourself you would be asking what information is out there that is still classified. As far as I know there were never any massive stockpiles found but that is far different than the things you guys keep posting. I'll give you the link on the Fox site just for giggles.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Iraq_WMD_Declassified.pdf

Just to be clear Libby guilty for obstruction of justice so you think he is a terrorist. Ayers who admitted an active role in an organization that waged war against the US by committing terrorist acts is a fine upstanding citizen.

Why do you keep denying the truth?

tieguy

Banned
Nice Try AV8: But why don't you change your Kitty litter cause it's getting stale and your stepping in it :pet:.....Denial of Libby's conviction of "Obstruction of Justice and blocking a Federal investigation" is very juvenile. As an official working for the Gov't, his involvement could have been considered Treason, had a congress with a backbone brought Bush/Cheney up on criminal charges and impeachment hearings.

my my all that ranting and raving , I sure hope you feel better now that you got that off your chest.:happy-very:

Your criticism of congress and libby seems to forget that this version of congress spent its first year with Bush and his people as the agenda.

Bush should pardon Libby to protect him from a congress full of liberal wack jobs.

diesel96

I think I get it now. In liberal speak Ob of justice is terrorism but planting bombs and engaging in a war with the US is not. That is possibly the strangest thing that I have seen on here. Look Kitten I never and I mean never denied the conviction of Libby on those charges of obstruction of justice. I will say as far as I know he was never convicted, and you have not posted any proof other wise, of a conviction of outing a covert agent. As far as I know Woodward claimed to the end that Richard Armitage was the guy that talked about Plame.

I don't know what you guys want about the WMD's in Iraq. I posted on the other thread pictures for you and the official report to Congress. You can keep saying there were no WMD's in Iraq but it is just as false now as it was when Kerry ran. If you would think for yourself you would be asking what information is out there that is still classified. As far as I know there were never any massive stockpiles found but that is far different than the things you guys keep posting. I'll give you the link on the Fox site just for giggles.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Iraq_WMD_Declassified.pdf

Just to be clear Libby guilty for obstruction of justice so you think he is a terrorist. Ayers who admitted an active role in an organization that waged war against the US by committing terrorist acts is a fine upstanding citizen.

Why do you keep denying the truth?

No great surprise that the Rubber Stamp Republicans you reley on are absolutely shameless. But this from Santorum really takes the cake and proves that Fox fans only read Headlines, cause they are the only Ditto Heads that use this as justification for Iraq.
Cat Lover :pet:....The stuff found is just “moldy leftovers, lost in the back of the ‘fridge”, not the fresh meat we went to war for. Maybe you should change your Arm and Hammer baking soda container.
All the weapons were pre-1991 munitions "in such a degraded state they couldn't be used for what they are designed for.

This is what the administration's investigators found: ISG= Iraq Survey Group

While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible Indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad's desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered.​
Once again, from Bush Himself,

The chief weapons inspector, Charles Duelfer, has now issued a comprehensive report that confirms the earlier conclusion of David Kay that Iraq did not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there.

So good luck by yourself beating the drum of Weapons-of-masterbation :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regarding the Iraq war:
IMHO
The reason the US, led by Bush, invaded Iraq is because Hussein convinced everyone in the world including 99+% of the Democrats in Congress that Iraq had WMDs.
The only salient question is whether the US should have invaded Iraq without having been attacked first.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Regarding the Iraq war:
IMHO
The reason the US, led by Bush, invaded Iraq is because Hussein convinced everyone in the world including 99+% of the Democrats in Congress that Iraq had WMDs.
The only salient question is whether the US should have invaded Iraq without having been attacked first.

Just to keep it inperspective, HUSSEIN didnt convince anyone. IT was the BUSH CIA, NSA and RUMSFELD, CHENEY AND WOLFOWITZ that convinced everyone with "doctored" intelligence later proven to be false, fabricated, untrue, exagerated and flat out LIES.

All the weapons inspectors in the world ie: hans blix, had it correct, there was no WMD's in IRAQ worthy of SHOCK and AWE.

Lets try staying with reality instead of the excuses layed upon us by the most corrupt administration since Richard Nixon.:dead:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just because RUSH coined Gitmo as "Club Gitmo" doesnt mean its a nice place. Many of the prisoners held there have died in custody without ever being charged with a crime or a hearing.
dear other

i love it when you all get so wrapped up in trying to make your point that you are reduced to vomiting garbage as fact.

care to post how many guests gitmo has had over the last 10 years?

care to advise how many have died? names and dates please......

and i could go on and on about your post.

your passion for your position clouds your view of the world as it exists.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just to keep it inperspective, HUSSEIN didnt convince anyone. IT was the BUSH CIA, NSA and RUMSFELD, CHENEY AND WOLFOWITZ that convinced everyone with "doctored" intelligence later proven to be false, fabricated, untrue, exagerated and flat out LIES.

ROTFLMAO

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
Don't forget to mention that these people also faked the Twin Towers!

Good one, TOS.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ROTFLMAO

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
Don't forget to mention that these people also faked the Twin Towers!

Good one, TOS.

You remind me of a fish I once caught, couldnt get that darn hook out of his mouth until he finished struggling, then died in the boat.

Painful to watch, but nothing I could do to get him to relax and allow me to ease his pain.:dead:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You remind me of a fish I once caught, couldnt get that darn hook out of his mouth until he finished struggling, then died in the boat.

Painful to watch, but nothing I could do to get him to relax and allow me to ease his pain.:dead:

No problem...I enjoy your posts.
It's like going to a family reunion... remember where I came from and I leave feeling better about myself. :funny:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
dear other

i love it when you all get so wrapped up in trying to make your point that you are reduced to vomiting garbage as fact.

d

A little something for your distortion of GITMO being a country club with free health care, 3 hot meals, clean clothes, cable tv and an excersise yard.

A voice from Gitmo's darkness

A current detainee speaks of the torture and humiliation he has experienced at Guantanamo since 2002.
[COLOR=#999999! important]By Jumah al-Dossari, JUMAH AL-DOSSARI is a 33-year-old citizen of Bahrain. This article was excerpted from letters he wrote to his attorneys. Its contents have been deemed unclassified by the Department of Defense.
[COLOR=#999999! important]January 11, 2007[/color] [/color]
Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, Cuba — I AM WRITING from the darkness of the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo in the hope that I can make our voices heard by the world. My hand quivers as I hold the pen.

In January 2002, I was picked up in Pakistan, blindfolded, shackled, drugged and loaded onto a plane flown to Cuba. When we got off the plane in Guantanamo, we did not know where we were. They took us to Camp X-Ray and locked us in cages with two buckets — one empty and one filled with water. We were to urinate in one and wash in the other.

At Guantanamo, soldiers have assaulted me, placed me in solitary confinement, threatened to kill me, threatened to kill my daughter and told me I will stay in Cuba for the rest of my life. They have deprived me of sleep, forced me to listen to extremely loud music and shined intense lights in my face. They have placed me in cold rooms for hours without food, drink or the ability to go to the bathroom or wash for prayers. They have wrapped me in the Israeli flag and told me there is a holy war between the Cross and the Star of David on one hand and the Crescent on the other. They have beaten me unconscious.

What I write here is not what my imagination fancies or my insanity dictates. These are verifiable facts witnessed by other detainees, representatives of the Red Cross, interrogators and translators.

During the first few years at Guantanamo, I was interrogated many times. My interrogators told me that they wanted me to admit that I am from Al Qaeda and that I was involved in the terrorist attacks on the United States. I told them that I have no connection to what they described. I am not a member of Al Qaeda. I did not encourage anyone to go fight for Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden have done nothing but kill and denigrate a religion. I never fought, and I never carried a weapon. I like the United States, and I am not an enemy. I have lived in the United States, and I wanted to become a citizen.

I know that the soldiers who did bad things to me represent themselves, not the United States. And I have to say that not all American soldiers stationed in Cuba tortured us or mistreated us. There were soldiers who treated us very humanely. Some even cried when they witnessed our dire conditions. Once, in Camp Delta, a soldier apologized to me and offered me hot chocolate and cookies. When I thanked him, he said, "I do not need you to thank me." I include this because I do not want readers to think that I fault all Americans.

But, why, after five years, is there no conclusion to the situation at Guantanamo? For how long will fathers, mothers, wives, siblings and children cry for their imprisoned loved ones? For how long will my daughter have to ask about my return? The answers can only be found with the fair-minded people of America.

I would rather die than stay here forever, and I have tried to commit suicide many times. The purpose of Guantanamo is to destroy people, and I have been destroyed. I am hopeless because our voices are not heard from the depths of the detention center.

If I die, please remember that there was a human being named Jumah at Guantanamo whose beliefs, dignity and humanity were abused. Please remember that there are hundreds of detainees at Guantanamo suffering the same misfortune. They have not been charged with any crimes. They have not been accused of taking any action against the United States.

Show the world the letters I gave you. Let the world read them. Let the world know the agony of the detainees in Cuba.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A voice from Gitmo's darkness

A current detainee speaks of the torture and humiliation he has experienced at Guantanamo since 2002.

Good News ... He's alive and In Saudi Arabia - Praise Allah

Jumah al-Dossari was amongst a group of 16 Saudi Arabian nationals transferred from Guantánamo to Saudi Arabia on 16 July 2007. According to media reports, all 16 were immediately taken into custody upon their arrival for investigation by the Saudi Arabian authorities.

Jumah al-Dossari, a joint Saudi Arabian/Bahraini citizen, is believed to have attempted suicide at least 13 times whilst in US custody.

His brother-in-law, who spoke to Jumah al-Dossari on the phone after his return, told the media that:

"His mother, brother and sister have seen him in Riyadh and they say he is well and he was very pleased to see them... For five years, he was there, but now he has come back and that is great... We are very happy... He called me and I talked with him -- his health seems better than before because he is back."

Up to 77 Saudi Arabian nationals have been released from Guantánamo and returned to Saudi Arabia. All were detained on arrival. Most have reportedly been released, but Amnesty International does not know how many are still detained and on what grounds. Approximately 53 Saudi Arabian nationals are still held in Guantánamo.

According to the US Department of Defense, approximately 360 men remain detained in Guantánamo.

Amnesty International has thanked all those who took action on his behalf.

over9five

Staff member
Amnesty International has thanked all those who took action on his behalf.....

.... and assures us he will be back planting IEDs to kill US servicemen in no time.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Quote:
Just because RUSH coined Gitmo as "Club Gitmo" doesnt mean its a nice place. Many of the prisoners held there have died in custody without ever being charged with a crime or a hearing.
dear other

d

you know what, the others were right, you cant fix stupid.

please pay attention........when asked a question, it is customary to answer with information pertinent to the conversation, not with what the little voices are telling you to say.

you made the statement. you also knew you lied when you made it, which makes you a liar. a liar on this and many other things you rant about.

you want to know the answer? here you go

Navy Cmdr. Robert Durand, a spokesman for Joint Task Force Guantanamo, said yesterday that .............. no detainee has died in custody there.
so, lets go and get a quote or two from whacky failures like the one you quoted.

what a schmuck

d

av8torntn

Regarding the Iraq war:
IMHO

This has been beat to death on here but it is true how people forget that Hussein had to declare what weapons he had, agree to destroy them, and provide UN inspectors with proof. After all those years of UN inspections and they could not find any proof of the destruction of these weapons and some would have us believe they just disappeared.

I take it that you do not believe that targeting our military aircraft is equal to an attack.

Nice to see kitten finally admit after two years there were wmd's in Iraq after all.:happy2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I take it that you do not believe that targeting our military aircraft is equal to an attack.

You are right, I do not.
Israel, Russia, and North Korea have targeted US Military aircraft in the past.
The targeting of US aircraft and the invasion and occupation of a country are hardly commensurate.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Amnesty International has thanked all those who took action on his behalf.....

.... and assures us he will be back planting IEDs to kill US servicemen in no time.[/quote]

Again, same false information posted. This is a Saudi Arabian national. There is no PROOF he was in iraq planting anything. As you read, most of these detainees were held for years and released WITHOUT any charges being filed against any of them.

You are repeating TV media rhetoric, mainly from FOX news, Sean hannity Bill Orielly, Rush Dumbaugh and DICK MORRIS.

You all fail to realize how many individuals were captured without having done a thing. Keeping them in GITMO for years only creates hate and a urge for retaliation.

As was stated prior to the war, "we will create more terrorists than we will ever kill". Gen Colin Powell.

Some of these men may in fact be bad, but we cannot condemn them all just because our soldiers rounded them up from mosques and weddings, flew them out of country and held like dogs for years.

Just because we created a terminology "enemy combatant" doesnt mean its true. This was the hood that was pulled over your head.

You just never realized you were also being held prisoner.:dead:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
you know what, the others were right, you cant fix stupid.

please pay attention........when asked a question, it is customary to answer with information pertinent to the conversation, not with what the little voices are telling you to say.

you made the statement. you also knew you lied when you made it, which makes you a liar. a liar on this and many other things you rant about.

you want to know the answer? here you go

so, lets go and get a quote or two from whacky failures like the one you quoted.

what a schmuck

d

Oh I see, a navy spokesman is confirming that people who nobody knows anything about didnt die at gitmo. That clears it up then.

Some facts released today from Amnesty International:

No Guantánamo detainee has been convicted of a criminal offence by the USA in five years

3 men died at Guantánamo in June 2006 after apparent suicides. More than 40 suicide attempts in Guantánamo have been reported

Up to 17 detainees were under 18 years old when they were taken to Guantánamo; the youngest were as young as12 and 13 when they were arrested. To date, at least 4 are still detained. There was a 5th, but he was 1 of the 3 detainees who died

Only 10 Guantánamo detainees were charged. They were never tried, as the US Supreme Court ruled that to try them before military tribunals was illegal.

380 men have been released after years of unlawful detention without ever being charged or compensated

Nearly 400 detainees from 30 countries are still held at Guantánamo.

These are still human beings folks.:dead: