Whoever you are....you are piece of trash.

Big Rigger

I also blame poorly trained management who "train" these loose cannons and then turn them loose for days on end without observing them.
They "promoted" a pt time supe here to ORS and I believe it's a recipe for disaster when he trains new drivers. The dude is lost.

I believe the circle of honor and seasoned veteran drivers deserve better than this rookie commando training program creating havoc on the company's image. They've worked hard to maintain the public's respect for years.

Many new drivers go from pt time to driving in 3 months now or they're 22.4s hired off the street. Do you think they value the package car job like those that have worked 5-10 years pt time to get the opportunity to drive?

Not a chance. So easy come, easy go.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I also blame poorly trained management who "train" these loose cannons and then turn them loose for days on end without observing them.
They "promoted" a pt time supe here to ORS and I believe it's a recipe for disaster when he trains new drivers. The dude is lost.

I believe the circle of honor and seasoned veteran drivers deserve better than this rookie commando training program creating havoc on the company's image. They've worked hard to maintain the public's respect for years.

Many new drivers go from pt time to driving in 3 months now or they're 22.4s hired off the street. Do you think they value the package car job like those that have worked 5-10 years pt time to get the opportunity to drive?

No pride in the job anymore

Big Rigger

No pride in the job anymore
Pride is cultivated like prime rib.
These new drivers and supervisors are McDonald's cheeseburgers.

And since you mentioned it it starts at the top like ol Carol and corporate's new ups appearance guidelines.
She was never a upser.

Their minds have become so "open" that their brains fell out on the company image issue.

Set the bar lower and that's what you'll get.

Last edited:

nWo

In the surveillance video, you can hear Kelley Beal screaming "stop" as the UPS truck starts going around the school bus.

Driver from my center. Haven't found out who yet but I hope you loose everything. Retirement, pension and all. You bring shame to what we do and 3 kids almost lost their lives due to your carelessness.

Is he canned or are they waiting until Monday?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

I was part time two months , I quit in 87
Rehired as a driver in 89
To this day , I value this job and the safety responsibilities that come with it , from brownie diving right up to feeders , we are the professionals, and like it or not , we are paid well enough to have to think for other people !

moldsporh

The lights were not on...all of our school buses have a electronic gate in the front that lowers when the driver lets the children exit... this one didn’t ...
I'm all about safety for kids, and I watched this video a few times, and I couldn't see the lights flashing. Also, that looks like an older bus.....likely doesn't have modern LED's. Either way, there's a chance that bus was there for awhile and the driver didn't activate the lights.

Did the bus driver activate the stop sign late?

You can open the door and not activate the stop sign or lights.

I'll reserve judgement for further video evidence.

I'll also never wish I'll-fate on anyone who ultimately did react in time as nobody is perfect. Wishing bad on others like this can have a nasty reciprocating karma effect.

I get the fact kids are the topic, I wouldn't be hurt over the fact the UPS driver was disciplined, possibly severely, if evidence shows the lights were flashing and the stop sign was out.

This could have been tragic.

Big Rigger

I was part time two months , I quit in 87
Rehired as a driver in 89
To this day , I value this job and the safety responsibilities that come with it , from brownie diving right up to feeders , we are the professionals, and like it or not , we are paid well enough to have to think for other people !
That generation predominantly is a whole different mindset. We are living in the disposable world now.

Big Rigger

Have to allow for the fact this could be false and the bus drivers alibi for possibly not having the lights on or sign out.

Did she activate these signals late?
I may be paranoid but when I see a school bus I immediately think "kids". SMH

I'm all about saving jobs but I'm more about not hitting a child who mindlessly runs across in front of a bus waving the picture they painted for their mom in art class when the child sees her waiting for them.

The witness reportedly said she heard a horn honk as the ups truck passed the bus. She also reportedly said that she thought it was the bus driver's horn. That should've been the ups driver's horn and if it wasn't then there's another ignorant act of omission.

I'll never forget the little child that was running thru the high traffic Speedway gas station's parking lot to go inside and was killed by a non-commercial vehicle because the child shot out from between vehicles stopped and fueling. Some stupid (and devastated) parent wasn't watching their own child and some stupid driver presumed the importance of getting down the road meant more than expecting the unexpected.

Let's not forget that school busses TRANSPORT LITTLE CHILDREN that need protected because they're too young to understand that other drivers will run them over in the street. Unbelievable.

This thread is a teaching moment...not a condemnation of another upser and people need to learn from this because a kid isn't taken to a body shop to repair damage the damage. They get taken to the hospital and as in the case I just mentioned above they went from there to the funeral home.

Life is not about running scratch. WAKE THE HECK UP!

Last edited:

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Blame the center for over-dispatching and UPS as a whole for emphasizing “working with a sense of urgency”

Oh wait, those things are good for business but bad for workers and public safety, so they’re supported by the Republican turds around here.

Big Rigger

Blame the center for over-dispatching and UPS as a whole for emphasizing “working with a sense of urgency”

Oh wait, those things are good for business but bad for workers and public safety, so they’re supported by the Republican turds around here.
On the flip side of your first statement I also believe it's the union stewards job, since they're on area before pcms, to drive home what a "fair day's work" is. I always did with every new driver candidate even if the center manager or ORS was standing there. You've got to break the mind control game from day one and keep hammering it home. Multiple seasoned drivers need to be involved in the safety committee and hammer that point home as well. We owe it to ourselves and the general public.

Whether someone is affiliated with a political party or not common sense is nonpartisan. I get what your saying if it has to do with OSHA and related federal issues but personal accountability is just that...personal.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
On the flip side of your first statement I also believe it's the union stewards job, since they're on area before pcms, to drive home what a "fair day's work" is. I always did with every new driver candidate even if the center manager or ORS was standing there. You've got to break the mind control game from day one and keep hammering it home.

Whether someone is affiliated with a political party or not common sense is nonpartisan. I get what your saying if it has to do with OSHA and related federal issues but personal accountability is just that...personal.
You gave a way more fair response than this deserved. I’m just being a dick lol