Why are contract proposal meetings unnecessarily lengthy?

542thruNthru

Our meeting was the president and one of the BAs reading all the proposals turned in. As they were reading them there would be some discussion about them whether to change them or what people thought about them. During the meeting members would think of something and turn a proposal in. The meeting was 3 hours.

The sad part was the turn out was absolutely embarrassing. We had probably around 25 people. My BA thinks it was because of the Padre game the night before. He's probably right but it was still embarrassing.
@Pkgrunner where were you mister!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We had a full house for our contract proposal meeting. Read through the contract. Took 10hrs. Only a handful stayed to the end.

Tanktoptony

Maybe go to monthly union meetings on a regular instead of one meeting each time there is contract proposal, meetings leading up to that can help establish those kinds of things you are complaining about. If it went for 6 hours you obviously have members who want questions answered and I’m sure they didn’t lock the doors you are free to leave whenever you feel that your questions have been answered.

AccidentProne

Maybe go to monthly union meetings on a regular instead of one meeting each time there is contract proposal, meetings leading up to that can help establish those kinds of things you are complaining about. If it went for 6 hours you obviously have members who want questions answered and I’m sure they didn’t lock the doors you are free to leave whenever you feel that your questions have been answered.
How does going to the meetings monthly help with people proposing the same proposal three times, proposing a proposal already in the contract, or proposing in the wrong section (Rider, Cent, National) and will be needed to be repeated at the correct section?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How does going to the meetings monthly help with people proposing the same proposal three times, proposing a proposal already in the contract, or proposing in the wrong section (Rider, Cent, National) and will be needed to be repeated at the correct section?
By being engaged and involved more than once every five years?