Why are there so many more delegate elections this year?

Spongebob1

Corruption
Thuggery
Pension disasters,.....many taking extrem cuts,
Many have crappy insurance now,
Crappy contracts in most crafts,
Many officers have huge bloated salaries, that are undeserving,...I looked at 2014 LM2's some have smaller locals with bloated salaries, in other words their salary doesn't match the size of their local,... Now I do believe in paying our officers well, " you get what you pay for" sort-o-speak, doesn't ring true in a lot of these locals,... Some are well over-paid!!

Hone Run^^^^

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...ections-this-year.368406/page-3#ixzz40RSFEt7w

The IBT is a big tent with over 400 locals from coast to coast. Of course there's bad actors out there as there is in churches, business, charity groups...but they keep their dirty laundry hidden while we get ours displayed on front pages.
On the outside corner...strike one!
Corruption and thuggery are overblown and certainly far from the norm. The pages in the back of the magazine have gotten pretty thin, and petty. (admittedly RA just changed that)
Pension issues are long term problems that many past leaders share responsibility for.
No one has "crappy" insurance.
Foul tip...strike two!
If you think officer salaries are undeserving apparently the members of those locals have a different view as every officer stands for election every three years.
Now I will agree that Fred Z, who represents the largest part time workforce in the IBT, is overpaid when compared to his average member. But they like him so I'm cool.
Swing and a miss...strike three!!!
There is no joy in mud-throwingville, mighty Spongy has struck out.

Gamie stuck out- ^^^^

everything I posted is true!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The IBT is a big tent with over 400 locals from coast to coast. Of course there's bad actors out there as there is in churches, business, charity groups...but they keep their dirty laundry hidden while we get ours displayed on front pages.
On the outside corner...strike one!
Corruption and thuggery are overblown and certainly far from the norm. The pages in the back of the magazine have gotten pretty thin, and petty. (admittedly RA just changed that)
Pension issues are long term problems that many past leaders share responsibility for.
No one has "crappy" insurance.
Foul tip...strike two!
If you think officer salaries are undeserving apparently the members of those locals have a different view as every officer stands for election every three years.
Now I will agree that Fred Z, who represents the largest part time workforce in the IBT, is overpaid when compared to his average member. But they like him so I'm cool.
Swing and a miss...strike three!!!
There is no joy in mud-throwingville, mighty Spongy has struck out.
Laughable.

Over 400 locals, and H can never seem to find any corruption?
The IRB has to find it.

Past leaders share the blame in the pension disasters?
H has been in charge almost 17 years, give me a break on that garbage answer.

No one has crappy insurance?
Mine was pretty good. But it SUCKS to take a reduction in HEALTHCARE when the company made over $4.8 billion in profits last year. And they are diverting most of my pension increases to pay for that inferior healthcare plan.

As for SALARIES, no one on here would argue that any TEAMSTER leader is under paid.
Why? because they make way, way, way more that us.
And we have to totally end multiple salaries for their extra jobs.
If they want to do more, do it on their own dime.

Spongebob1

The IRB has to find it.
Exactly,...
image.png

Laughable.

The IRB has to find it.

Past leaders share the blame in the pension disasters?
H has been in charge almost 17 years, give me a break on that garbage answer.

Mine was pretty good. But it SUCKS to take a reduction in HEALTHCARE when the company made over $4.8 billion in profits last year. And they are diverting most of my pension increases to pay for that inferior healthcare plan.

As for SALARIES, no one on here would argue that any TEAMSTER leader is under paid.
Why? because they make way, way, way more that us.
And we have to totally end multiple salaries for their extra jobs.
If they want to do more, do it on their own dime.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
He supports RA, and the rest, and that's speaks volumes of his character...says to me he supports thugs, cheaters, thieves, and liars,....
Not true, I just don't support anyone you do. I'm about strengthening this Union not giving it away to crybaby pu--ies. Understand?

BrownBrokeDown

no ups union worker has crappy insurance. However, and it pains me to agree with you, i agree no reduction with billions in profits. UPS should be paying more into our insurance to maintain what we had with those profits. Top 1% again...

Hofficer Hater

A total of 61 delegate elections have been confirmed as of Friday February 12. That does not include the nomination meetings of yesterday and today.

In 2011 there was a total of 19 delegate elections supporting Fred Gegare or Sandy Pope.

If Junior was doing such a great job why is there so many more delegate elections this year? At least another 10 challenging slates are expected be nominated through the end of the election process.

To the Junior supporters, where were these extra 42 challenging slates in 2011? Most likely supporting the crooked old guard.

69 total elections as of today.