Why did I have to work till 9PM last night?

over9five

Staff member
The Friday on a holiday weekend? Every business parking lot on my route was empty by 4:30.

I'm not even asking to get out early, but these people cut routes and sent FT drivers home. I would have been completely happy with a normal day. I mean, c'mon, show a little respect for your employees and their families. Instead, they go out of their way to cause family and marital problems.

Sorry for the rant, I had 8:00 PM plans.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I clocked out at eight myself instead of my usual 6:15-6:30. I had to be extra careful all week and dodge those dangerous tree limbs.

Matthew

haha yea just watch out Tuesday, maybe you'll be out until 10PM! :biting:
but I also noticed there was hardly any routes running yesterday smh

tieguy

Banned
The Friday on a holiday weekend? Every business parking lot on my route was empty by 4:30.

I'm not even asking to get out early, but these people cut routes and sent FT drivers home. I would have been completely happy with a normal day. I mean, c'mon, show a little respect for your employees and their families. Instead, they go out of their way to cause family and marital problems.

these holidays are a :censored2: to plan and common sense or charity are never in the equation. what kind of day did you have compared to a normal one?

helenofcalifornia

Sounds like it was a nationwide idea to cut cars. We put out two less cars than the previous days. Air was late, hassled by management and didn't get of the clock until 7:30 p.m. I am feeling a "by the book Tuesday" coming on. Of course management was out the door by 3 p.m. You know, THEY had plans.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

these holidays are a :censored2: to plan and common sense or charity are never in the equation. what kind of day did you have compared to a normal one?

Tie, in Over's center they sent FT drivers home---would you have considered offering Code 5 to those who wanted it, knowing that some would and others prefer the OT, even on the Friday before a 3 day weekend?

I think we were down 1 car. I had a normal day.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, in Over's center they sent FT drivers home---would you have considered offering Code 5 to those who wanted it, knowing that some would and others prefer the OT, even on the Friday before a 3 day weekend?

I think we were down 1 car. I had a normal day.

I always thought it was a great idea to load up the guys that want the overtime and code 5 the ones that don't. I'm not sure what kind of restrictions his center team is working under. Holiday fridays are often tightly directed from above. If you have a good dispatch foundation you can take some of the pain out of these days but they are still tough to plan.

Overpaid Union Thug

Code 5's? LOL! Here they are handing out warning letter for drivers not taking their lunches or just for mistakingly recording too much or too little lunch in the DIAD.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Code 5's? LOL! Here they are handing out warning letter for drivers not taking their lunches or just for mistakingly recording too much or too little lunch in the DIAD.
We can't take Code 5s either, I wish we could. They cut a few routes out on us too, I was loaded up with about twenty five stops extra, so I will get some bonus OT next Friday. A PAS Sup let it out after a meeting with the higher ups, that come June, we would all get dispatched with an extra five stops apiece. I don't know who the genius is that comes up with this stuff, I thought all the blood had been squeezed out of the rocks already.

A very old timer once told me that this was the kind of job that would cause you to miss stuff sometimes. He also told me to marry a very understanding women and amen I did. You should be proud of yourself it sounds like you didn't cut any corners to get done.

bumped

Its all about stops per car. Upper, upper management tells them the stops per car, so the sups have to abide by the law. Their hands are tied, and that why there are no 05.

Maybe feeder wasn`t so bad?

I worked a 5:99 yesterday and signed up for next Friday off.