Why do drivers have this elitist attitude?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I don't know what some of these drivers are thinking ,honestly
I wonder if they were new guys, like new to the company not driving necessarily. I know for me, I was new at UPS with 27 or 28 years driving in and that first 6 weeks or so is stressful getting your punches in. Everyone is telling you that you have a bullseye on your back, company is looking to fire you for any reason while they can, all their ridiculous methods... So I guess a guy with a million things going through his head, I shouldn't be quite so judgy on it.

I wonder if they were new guys, like new to the company not driving necessarily. I know for me, I was new at UPS with 27 or 28 years driving in and that first 6 weeks or so is stressful getting your punches in. Everyone is telling you that you have a bullseye on your back, company is looking to fire you for any reason while they can, all their ridiculous methods... So I guess a guy with a million things going through his head, I shouldn't be quite so judgy on it.
Like what I said before driving feeders is a big responsibility.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Roll aways have been the trendy thing in our district the last few months. 5 of them I think. How the hell you jump out of a big truck without setting the brakes...
We had a senior driver forget to set his brakes on a slope. He got back around the dolly before he realized it. He got hit by it, breaking several bones, He was off work for over a year, and put a new entrance in the side of our car wash when his tractor crashed thru it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We had a senior driver forget to set his brakes on a slope. He got back around the dolly before he realized it. He got hit by it, breaking several bones, He was off work for over a year, and put a new entrance in the side of our car wash when his tractor crashed thru it.
They let him come back?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Wally Can you put “the Hateful 6” on the patch? 🙏🏼
wcPVsUASMx5n.png

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Damn, painful mistake there. Good thing the truck hit the car wash and not another person.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was always told that roll-aways were a guaranteed termination, but every roll away I ever saw the driver got their job back, including a couple in feeders.