why do supervisors get paid more for not doing work

BobBarker

all they do at my hub is walk around yelling at package handlers, playing on their phone or fixing small problems like jammed boxes or belts that dont move. MAKES NO SENSE like i would be on the sort aisle and they would just stand there talking to people

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
all they do at my hub is walk around yelling at package handlers, playing on their phone or fixing small problems like jammed boxes or belts that dont move. MAKES NO SENSE like i would be on the sort aisle and they would just stand there talking to people

Are you serious?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2019-1-27_20-44-41.png

PT Car Washer

If you have a well run sort operation, that is all they should be doing. It is only the mismanaged operations that require PT and or FT sups to perform hourly work. Unfortunately that is 99% of sort operations 100% of the time. If UPS would pay starting Union members the same rate as PT sups most of their problems would disappear. But then what would the FT sups do?

Days

My personal opinion is that most sups don’t supervise enough. They kind of let :censored2: happen and then only deal with the problem when it’s finally become too big rather than when it was still small. Kind of like global warming. Just forget it exists until it becomes a big enough issue.

CoolStoryBro

Over the long run any hourly, union position will surpass what any PT supervisor makes.

There exist part time sort workers that make 36$ an hour. There are full time 22.3's on the sorts that make a few bucks an hour less than that. No PT sup makes that much. However, any PT sup will make more than a brand new loader makes on day one.

Maplewood

They :censored2:ed themselves by taking that job. 1 out of hundreds ever stick around enough years to get a full time job. Any halfway intelligent person can get a driving job after a year or 2 and make 80K+ a year, as long as they aren't stupid enough to go PT Stupervisor. Lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

When are you going to submit your letter?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
if your short term, take the test and stop bitching and start yelling for $21 an hour

watdaflock?

You should focus on your job, and less what the sups are doing.

Hope this helps.

Maplewood

Why dont you put your letter in and find out?

BountyHuntress

How can they work if they have 60 other employees to check on? They need to walk around to check other areas of the operation and call on the radio to get folks the things they need to do their job.

Nevermind the fact that they have to pay $250-$300 per month for insurance if they want UPS’ plan. You’re making more than them in the long run. Lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
If you have a well run sort operation, that is all they should be doing. It is only the mismanaged operations that require PT and or FT sups to perform hourly work. Unfortunately that is 99% of sort operations 100% of the time. If UPS would pay starting Union members the same rate as PT sups most of their problems would disappear. But then what would the FT sups do?
quit