Why do the slugs get help every day.

aiian

They send help in my building to shame drivers. This is how the typical ODS message goes.

"I can't believe I had to send a rookie to bail you out!!!!"

"I didn't ask for any help and I can't believe you allow him to work off the clock every day."

"I'm watching you!!! This is not a threat!!!"

"Request acknowledged and accepted.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No, I am Me, as in Me-ster.
happy-gilmore.jpg

It's sad how some teamsters are me-sters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For the sake of the 70's or for the sake of being young again? Vietnam, the gas crunch, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, Disco, bellbottoms, afros, roller rinks...wait...those are pretty cool...fashion, US automakers and Harley Davidson making :censored2:ty everything other than trucks...I suppose because I was five, there wasn't much in it for me. I thought the 80's sucked for everything but movies. Oh...Bruce Lee, Charles Bronson, and Clint Eastwood had cool 70's...

Don't forget Panama Red and
Acapulco Gold

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

All the runners or as ups calls them the good workers in my center are all around 8 years in....and it's all starting to crumble around them who on discharge for accidents,who on discharge for injuries,who's on discharge for attendance because they can't do the job 5 days a week,and who just walks around in misery and pain........and I love hearing the sup tell them they have to help one of the slugs after they work through lunch and finish there 220 stops by 6

Indecisi0n

They send help in my building to shame drivers. This is how the typical ODS message goes.

"I can't believe I had to send a rookie to bail you out!!!!"

"I didn't ask for any help and I can't believe you allow him to work off the clock every day."

"I'm watching you!!! This is not a threat!!!"

"Request acknowledged and accepted.
I would take a picture and file on everyone of those messages.

mikepvx

Long live the slugs. I'm a newer driver and the quicker I get done the more OT I get to make helping out slugs and being the hero to people being subject to bad dispatch

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Long live the slugs. I'm a newer driver and the quicker I get done the more OT I get to make helping out slugs and being the hero to people being subject to bad dispatch
That's backwards. The quicker you get done the more OT you make doing other people's work? Just work/drive at a safe pace/speed and you'll get that OT without doing other people's work.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You're making the problem worse. While I agree we should help people, the best help we can give them sometimes is to make UPS suffer with their dispatches. Nothing motivates UPS faster than making their numbers awful...and it's not us doing it to them. Work well, but remember you have a long career ahead of you. It's not worth retiring from this place with a broken worn down body.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
He's
That's backwards. The quicker you get done the more OT you make doing other people's work? Just work/drive at a safe pace/speed and you'll get that OT without doing other people's work.
He's new and doesn't know the ups philosophy, the more you do the more your gonna get along with a rise in your minimum and maximum stop count. The first few years are rewarding, then as time goes by you feel like your doing too much for no recognition or thank you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always liked having a couple guys like you around, made my life easier :wink2:

sportsjock

We have a guy in our center who's a 9.5er and he has to have help everyday. They have taken the majority of his route and put it on a split car and he still can't finish under 9.5 he calls for help for everything, call tags...etc

Don't get me started on the rookies. They have been hiring rookie drivers all year long right now we have three training now and getting a few more this week. A lot of FedEx ground drivers. Anyway all of the Rookies are complaining they are tired and their back is hurting. So I ask them how many stops are u doing? They reply with 240 all day delivery. Me: you're doing 240 stops and you're in the building already at 7pm they love you. My route average 90-110 daily with 15 pick ups and I'm usually back in the building by 6:30/7 depends on the misloads. Sometimes if I'm feeling helpful they will ask me to close out a UPS store. But our rookies are falling apart and it's not peak yet.

upsbeernut

And music! Come on! Aside from the heavily synthesized stuff, the music was pretty good. 70s music on the other hand....Oy.
70's music is still being played at football games and other events. It is the foundation for all generations to come. You can actually understand the lyrics as it makes your feet move to a catchy beat.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The slugs get help because they need it. The hammers will get done, go help slugs and then punch out after the slugs are on their way home
You need to read your post , then think about it, then stop running and cutting corners, take your breaks, and work by there methods. You will learn one day. Till then, thanks for the help here's 15 stops.

upsbeernut

How do you decide who is a slug, who has bad allowances, who has a tough route.?
You can't some work harder than others but then define hard. There's no way of measuring.
You need to read your post , then think about it, then stop running and cutting corners, take your breaks, and work by there methods. You will learn one day. Till then, thanks for the help here's 15 stops.
My methods are the best