Why I am Voting YES on the Central Region Supplement and Ohio Rider...

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
I'm not explaining anything anymore on this whacked out forum. You can't fix stupid.

So then opening the door for part time pkg car drivers making $19.50 an hour is a good thing?
Trying to start up linehaul drivers through freight to do our feeder work for $10 an hour less. That good?
Putting in that the ups negotiating committee can take any portion of our G.W.I. for healthcare. That good?
Putting us into a healthcare plan that other members have been in for a while but making out coverage better than there's just get us to vote yes on this trash. We all know that there's nothing stopping them from changing it afterwards. How special is that one?
Extending the progression to 4 years. Doesn't affect us, so I guess we shouldn't care.
Still no strong language regarding all the subcontracting. More work out the window.
Trying to appease our 17i concerns by changing serious offense to cardinal offense. Show me a list of cardinal offenses.
Still no strong language on harassment, supervisors working, or technology.

Think with your head. Not with ibt's head. Honestly, some of this might not affect you or I. Is the point of the union no to unite? How can we be united while we only think of ourselves and not those who will eventually take our place down the road. Why is it ok for us to sell out future ups teamsters because half of the concessions being given dont affect us?

If this P.O.S. contract is so good, why is the ibt spending millions of our due money on flyers and other lies trying to sale this bull****? If this was actually a good contract it would sale itself.

C

chuchu

If the IBT is willing to use us as pawns to line their pockets with insurance money overages it's our job to make sure this doesn't pass until the issues listed in the previous post are fixed AT THE VERY LEAST to show them we are NOT going to be treated with disregard and disrespect in future agreements. We pay their bills...not the other way around.

stink219

If the IBT is willing to use us as pawns to line their pockets with insurance money overages it's our job to make sure this doesn't pass until the issues listed in the previous post are fixed AT THE VERY LEAST to show them we are NOT going to be treated with disregard and disrespect in future agreements. We pay their bills...not the other way around.
37 bucks an hour to deliver Victoria Secrets and Zappos. 35k worth of healthcare to deliver LL Bean. A pension to deliver letterhead to hot secretaries. Let's not price ourselves out of a job boys. Some people need to complain about something.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So then opening the door for part time pkg car drivers making $19.50 an hour is a good thing?
Trying to start up linehaul drivers through freight to do our feeder work for $10 an hour less. That good?
Putting in that the ups negotiating committee can take any portion of our G.W.I. for healthcare. That good?
Putting us into a healthcare plan that other members have been in for a while but making out coverage better than there's just get us to vote yes on this trash. We all know that there's nothing stopping them from changing it afterwards. How special is that one?
Extending the progression to 4 years. Doesn't affect us, so I guess we shouldn't care.
Still no strong language regarding all the subcontracting. More work out the window.
Trying to appease our 17i concerns by changing serious offense to cardinal offense. Show me a list of cardinal offenses.
Still no strong language on harassment, supervisors working, or technology.

Think with your head. Not with ibt's head. Honestly, some of this might not affect you or I. Is the point of the union no to unite? How can we be united while we only think of ourselves and not those who will eventually take our place down the road. Why is it ok for us to sell out future ups teamsters because half of the concessions being given dont affect us?

If this P.O.S. contract is so good, why is the ibt spending millions of our due money on flyers and other lies trying to sale this bull****? If this was actually a good contract it would sale itself.

What about this post Stink???
​Is this a ridiculous post???

stink219

What about this post Stink??? ​Is this a ridiculous post???
I, 407, ITG, BUG and many others have addressed all this issues in previous posts. Then another guy thinks he figures it out and asks the exact same questions. Over and over, back and forth, the same process. Read!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
37 bucks an hour to deliver Victoria Secrets and Zappos. 35k worth of healthcare to deliver LL Bean. A pension to deliver letterhead to hot secretaries. Let's not price ourselves out of a job boys. Some people need to complain about something.

Most of the accounts you refer to here are now being diverted to the USPS.
Our package cars are now more likely to contain recliners from QVC and sleep number beds.
In my building, P700's are being replaced with P800's to accommodate this trend.
Again, nobody seems to be complaining about our hourly rate.
The devil is in the details and we are smart enough to realize that if UPS is agreeable to give us raises, then they are gaining elsewhere.
If UPS wanted out of the healthcare business as this has been sold, then why would the IBT have to give so many other hidden concessions in order to transfer the burden to administering said healthcare plan???
​This has been a poorly orchestrated facade by both the company and the IBT.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I, 407, ITG, BUG and many others have addressed all this issues in previous posts. Then another guy thinks he figures it out and asks the exact same questions. Over and over, back and forth, the same process. Read!

Oh I have read those posts.
You and your aforementioned clique spares no time or effort in being redundant any other time.
Why not humor me???

Inthegame

This is where you go way off the track. Union spending and finances are observed closer than babies in the neonatal ICU ward. No money gets intermingled between H&W, Pension and Union Treasuries! Absolute, end of story. In those rare cases where Union treasury funds get mismanaged, people go to jail. (Eg. read about L120 and where Slawsons are headed) If corporate America had the auditting requirements of Unions, possibly 2008 and most certainly the Enron fiasco wouldn't have happened.
Your opinion on the contract is fine but don't water it down with fact less BS. I personally think the 4yr progression is horrible and a huge mistake, but negotiations are exactly that, negotiations, and 53% agreed with those terms.

This is where you go way off the track. Union spending and finances are observed closer than babies in the neonatal ICU ward. No money gets intermingled between H&W, Pension and Union Treasuries! Absolute, end of story. In those rare cases where Union treasury funds get mismanaged, people go to jail. (Eg. read about L120 and where Slawsons are headed) If corporate America had the auditting requirements of Unions, possibly 2008 and most certainly the Enron fiasco wouldn't have happened.
Your opinion on the contract is fine but don't water it down with fact less BS. I personally think the 4yr progression is horrible and a huge mistake, but negotiations are exactly that, negotiations, and 53% agreed with those terms.

The only reason this contract passed is,people didn't vote! Think about 20% of Upsers voted yes......................the other 80% didnt vote or voted no!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sorry Bubble, I forgot to ask your highness for permission to post.

Dude, I just asked you a question off an observation I made because I enjoy reading your posts.
When I log on the union board and see you were the last to post on a thread, I click on it.
I don't come here nearly as much as I used to and am not familiar with your entire body of work, nor does your profile give any details of who you are.
My profile doesn't contain much of my particulars either, by design.
I actually had a response to our last interaction almost complete when I, once again, fell asleep in the Lazyboy.
When I woke, the "token had expired" (whatever that means), and I wasn't able submit my explanation that was designed to explain that I don't see any of these exchanges as you having "peed in my cornflakes".

So no ITG, I know of no rules as to when or what threads you can post on.
I also know of no rules that prohibit me from asking you questions, nor do I know of any rules requiring you to answer my questions, and so on, and so on........

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What is your complaint?

I didn't make a complaint per se.
I simply asked you to answer the questions STLFeeder asked in post 41.
Let it be clear though, I know you are under no obligation to do so, nor do you or any other poster need my approval or endorsement.
Thank you for your consideration.

Actually Victoria Secret just went over to fedex. They got a better price and I think a possible labor strike scared them also. Columbus spent millions if dollars in renovations to their hub to accommodate the volume from Victoria Secret. Now it's all gone.