Why I hate people (lol)

browniehound

They have no heart when it comes to our job during peak. I say this
facetiously, yet there is some truth to it.

Yesterday, on top of the 280 stops I had the day after a snow storm I had seven 100lb, oversized crates through the center of my load. I thought to myself 'ok, all going to the same house'. No, seven different addresses.

Apparrently, the boxes contained 2 bleecher seats from Fenway park, and 7 different lunatic Red Sox fans (hi local804) on my route had recieved these worthless (in my opinion) pieces of metal:angry:. I was forced to climb over these friggin things all day because somebody in the Red Sox organization thought it would be a good idea (and it was apparently) to market these things to us sucker Sox' fans.

My only gripe is, did they have to do it during peak????

On a side note, Red Sox fans have really lost their collective minds. What the hell are you going to do with bleecher seats??? They are very uncomfortable, so you probably are not going to sit in them. Looks like you could offer them pigeon crap that was scraped off of the Green Monster and they would buy it, LOL.

Overpaid Union Thug

They have no heart when it comes to our job during peak. I say this
facetiously, yet there is some truth to it.

Yesterday, on top of the 280 stops I had the day after a snow storm I had seven 100lb, oversized crates through the center of my load. I thought to myself 'ok, all going to the same house'. No, seven different addresses.

Apparrently, the boxes contained 2 bleecher seats from Fenway park, and 7 different lunatic Red Sox fans (hi local804) on my route had recieved these worthless (in my opinion) pieces of metal:angry:. I was forced to climb over these friggin things all day because somebody in the Red Sox organization thought it would be a good idea (and it was apparently) to market these things to us sucker Sox' fans.

My only gripe is, did they have to do it during peak????

On a side note, Red Sox fans have really lost their collective minds. What the hell are you going to do with bleecher seats??? They are very uncomfortable, so you probably are not going to sit in them. Looks like you could offer them pigeon crap that was scraped off of the Green Monster and they would buy it, LOL.

We have a "bulk car" during peak. It's mainly used for malls and shopping centers that get bulk stops. Sometimes single packages will be moved to that route. Those bleacher sets would have been on that car for sure.

over9five

Staff member
"Looks like you could offer them pigeon crap that was scraped off of the Green Monster and they would buy it"

I'll bid $50.....

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
you should be thrown out of redsox nation, i would have delivered those on a saturday and given my ot to the united way as a donation or the jimmy fund in the name of big papi you are a disgrace to redsox nation and should be sent to live in tampa bay to be a rays fan

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I try not to hate, but I wonder what people are thinking when in the dark at 7pm you are walking up a long driveway to make a delivery, ring the bell, an outside light comes on, you make the delivery, you turn around to step off the porch and make the long, treacherous walk down the icy driveway, and then THE LIGHT GOES OUT! Couldn't they just leave the light on for 1 more minute:dissapointed:

rod

Retired 22 years
I always loved the idiots that would let their friggin nut case dog out to "greet" you even though they know it's UPS. And they always followed that up by saying "Oh he won't bite he just barks"

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I always loved the idiots that would let their friggin nut case dog out to "greet" you even though they know it's UPS. And they always followed that up by saying "Oh he won't bite he just barks"

That's when I show them the scar on my leg and tell them "That's the exact words I heard as I received this"

moreluck

golden ticket member
My dog reacts differently to new people & new dogs. I can never predict how she may react until you've been around her awhile.

She absolutely hates the mailman, UPS man, FDX, HDL......it must be a uniform thing. The dog sees "delivery" and thinks "Destroy".

I always get her under control before I answer the doorbell.

rod

Retired 22 years
sorry I seemed to have turned this into a "why I hate dogs" post. There is alot more to hate about some people than just their friggin dogs.:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I always hated delivering to people that would tell you to come on in and then after you were in they would start coughing and sneezing and then say "I've been so sick lately" Gee thanks for spreading your germs around.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
How about those that refuse that 1st major bulk stop that you need to get out of your truck so you can get to your shelves---AFTER they watched you unload it all and drag it to their door.

rod

Retired 22 years
How about that one idiot on your route (and every one has one) that keeps telling you every time you deliver to him that his "brother, uncle or some other relative" is a "BIG WIG " at UPS - but he never knows exactly what he does. (you can bet he's probably a pt time sup somewhere.)

browniehound

you should be thrown out of redsox nation, i would have delivered those on a saturday and given my ot to the united way as a donation or the jimmy fund in the name of big papi you are a disgrace to redsox nation and should be sent to live in tampa bay to be a rays fan

Thanks covemaster, I love you too.

You would work on a Saturday for free or charity? That is a noble gesture.

What I call into question is when you do it? Just to deliver to rich, pompus jerks with disposable incomes so large that they can spend hundreds of dollars on items that were going to be thrown in the dumpster if some idiots didn't buy it,

Channahon

I bought 2 Chicago White Sox seats when old Comiskey Park was torn down. The monies for the seats went to the White Sox Children Charities.

After 4 colors of paint and a few gum wads, the seats were painted green and secured onto our deck. Nice conversation piece and tons of memories from going to Sox games in the 60's.

I do feel for you having to work around 100lb boxes all day, and with the snow your way, what a miserable day it must have been.

But if the monies went to a charity, than it might have been worth it.

Happy Holidays

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Like the ones that need you to repeat "UPS!" loudly several times before they'll answer their door and sign for the package?

Lol! Gotta love that. Happened to me today in fact. Senior citizens complex. Ring buzzer.

Lady: Hello
Me: Hello UPS!
Lady: Who?
Me: UPS!
Lady: Who?
Me: UPS! I have a parcel for you
Lady: What?
Me: CANADA POST!!!!

Door opens immediately. Sigh . . .