HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Get a life ,yall ruin ours enough
Thanks for the Grammer lesson
lmhywsk.gif

images

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
call me stupid or whatever, i tried to search "local union edison nj" but i don't know which one it is. I have never been in an union this is my first job

You are Local 177 out of Hillside.

The hall can be reached at (973) 923 7070

They were in the building this morning as a matter of fact.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Until production suffers......
Ah yes, the almighty production numbers. Here's the thing. I place an emphasis on production (I think we can agree there is no point on existing as a company without them), but I don't live and die by them. I count success and failure based on did we get it done on time and right. I don't care if you can unload 750 packages an hour or 500. If we got the job done on time, we succeeded. And my managers agree.
Reasoning? Understanding? That's just crazy talk right there pal. We will have none of that foolishness on here, this is an the internet after all. Only hyperbole and accusation on here please.
I know, silly me!

OPTION3

Ah yes, the almighty production numbers. Here's the thing. I place an emphasis on production (I think we can agree there is no point on existing as a company without them), but I don't live and die by them. I count success and failure based on did we get it done on time and right. I don't care if you can unload 750 packages an hour or 500. If we got the job done on time, we succeeded. And my managers agree.

I know, silly me!
And if YOUR Boss says fire someone for production....or else I will fire YOU.....You would fall on that sword?...Chyeah right...good one

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I welcome just about all points of view. I just kills me that some on here don't want certain groups to post here. This is one of the few outlets we have to vent with people that get it. The more the merrier.

T

Turdferguson

I welcome just about all points of view. I just kills me that some on here don't want certain groups to post here. This is one of the few outlets we have to vent with people that get it. The more the merrier.
Could not agree more good post.......as long as the dutch keep off here. Two things I can't stand people intolerant of others, and the dutch

F

FrigidAdCorrector

And if YOUR Boss says fire someone for production....or else I will fire YOU.....You would fall on that sword?...Chyeah right...good one
I've never had to worry about production numbers. All my boss cares about is that everything gets sorted properly and the trailers get out the door on time. The rest is a bonus.

Now run along troll.

OPTION3

I've never had to worry about production numbers. All my boss cares about is that everything gets sorted properly and the trailers get out the door on time. The rest is a bonus.

Now run along troll.
Typical management.....I don’t have this problem, so there is no problem. I just burst your management bubble by asking a question that wasn’t in the corporate playbook.....it appears you don’t want EVERYONE to state opinions or ask questions...just those that tow the company line. Just call names when you have nothing else. More hypocrisy from a member of UPS management....imagine that.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This site is for all UPS employees.
That's the intention here. Everyone is welcome.

Brown Cafe was started by a management person and his very smart wife.

I think you have that backwards. BC was founded by a very smart woman who was married to a management person.

Actually the way I started bc was not smart at all because I didn't mention it to Tony until it was already online. I never considered that it might get him into trouble at work. Luckily his bosses turned out to be very supportive of bc.

I am also aware that there are some other people in management that really do not like that this site exists. That's okay, Tony doesn't work there anymore.

Here's a post from 2007 which explains a little more about how the site started: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...ome-to-be-what-it-is-today.72083/#post-182713

Here's a post from 2010 where Tony explained his experience with management and their attitudes about bc: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...d-for-threads-posts.299633/page-2#post-672478

Just FYI to give Tony his proper UPS work credit: He started a UPS as a part timer when he was 18. He worked a couple of different part time jobs for 7 years and then became a driver. After driving for 5 years he decided to go into management where he worked for several more years. He decided to leave UPS in 2003.

That's the intention here. Eeveryone is welcome.

Actually the way I started bc was not smart at all because I didn't mention it to Tony until it was already online. I never considered that it might get him into trouble at work. Luckily his bosses turned out to be very supportive of bc.

I am also aware that there are some other people in management that really do not like that this site exists. That's okay, Tony doesn't work there anymore.

Here's a post from 2007 which explains a little more about how the site started: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...ome-to-be-what-it-is-today.72083/#post-182713

Here's a post from 2010 where Tony explained his experience with management and their attitudes about bc: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...d-for-threads-posts.299633/page-2#post-672478

Just FYI to give Tony his proper UPS work credit: He started a UPS as a part timer when he was 18. He worked a couple of different part time jobs for 7 years and then became a driver. After driving for 5 years he decided to go into management where he worked for several more years. He decided to leave UPS in 2003.
Sorry I got the story mixed up. Should have know It was too good of an Idea,for a guy to come up with!