Why Is Your Manager in MEM Right Now?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just curious. It seems that there are an inordinate number of managers "on vacation" or "in Memphis" right now. Call me paranoid, but isn't it odd that some of these vacations were not scheduled and that unannounced MEM trips just appeared from nowhere?

My guess is that they are planning for the aftermath of the RLA exemption fight. Fred's probably going to win that round, but what happens with the new liberalized voting provisions of the RLA?

Given all of the bad feelings that seem to be so prevalent in the staions right now, how is FedEx going to react? So far, they've just pretended that nothing is out of the ordinary, but that can't last forever, or can it? Sorry, but the cat is out of the bag Maury, so the old lies are just about worn-out. Time for a new and improved batch.

This is where it's going to get interesting. Are we finally going to see some concessions on top-out times and all of the other issues, or they going to toe the line and keep up the intimidation game and cross their fingers that they can keep fooling the morons who still can't figure the game out.

Game on, Fred!! Eventually, we're going to kick your ass. It will just take a bit longer for our collective "foot" to reach that far.

bbsam

Staff member
Does Express have "Kick off"? Our senior managers were gone last week for their annual "Ra-Ra lets make this the best year ever" conference.

The Mayor

Just curious. It seems that there are an inordinate number of managers "on vacation" or "in Memphis" right now. Call me paranoid, but isn't it odd that some of these vacations were not scheduled and that unannounced MEM trips just appeared from nowhere?

My guess is that they are planning for the aftermath of the RLA exemption fight. Fred's probably going to win that round, but what happens with the new liberalized voting provisions of the RLA?

Given all of the bad feelings that seem to be so prevalent in the staions right now, how is FedEx going to react? So far, they've just pretended that nothing is out of the ordinary, but that can't last forever, or can it? Sorry, but the cat is out of the bag Maury, so the old lies are just about worn-out. Time for a new and improved batch.

This is where it's going to get interesting. Are we finally going to see some concessions on top-out times and all of the other issues, or they going to toe the line and keep up the intimidation game and cross their fingers that they can keep fooling the morons who still can't figure the game out.

Game on, Fred!! Eventually, we're going to kick your ass. It will just take a bit longer for our collective "foot" to reach that far.

FYI, I just got done reading an article from The Hill. The only thing that Mr. Rockefeller and Mr. Obestar seem to agree on is the fact that they both beleive that the issue will not be resolved before the August break and that they will vote on another funding extension for the FAA legislation......

More of the same....wait and see game....MF'ers....get some webos fellas!:biting::angry:

FedExer267

That explains it. They are telling us to refuse to pickup anything in a Express box. They told us UPS and post office boxes are fine but they are losing money on the Express boxes. Shouldn't that be a job for sales I am not about to get into a argument with a pick up account over the box they use. If it has a Ground label, I am taking it. If they dont want them to use Express boxes make some Ground boxes.
Seriously do they have any clue how much this will tick off customers? Ya we have lower rates for pick up service but go buy your own supplies. I see UPS getting alot of accounts back in the future if this is enforced. Half of the boxes I deliver are Express boxes. Too funny

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That explains it. They are telling us to refuse to pickup anything in a Express box. They told us UPS and post office boxes are fine but they are losing money on the Express boxes. Shouldn't that be a job for sales I am not about to get into a argument with a pick up account over the box they use. If it has a Ground label, I am taking it. If they dont want them to use Express boxes make some Ground boxes.
Seriously do they have any clue how much this will tick off customers? Ya we have lower rates for pick up service but go buy your own supplies. I see UPS getting alot of accounts back in the future if this is enforced. Half of the boxes I deliver are Express boxes. Too funny

That is a job for sales but those guys only want the commissions and none of the follow up with customers. I'm sure it was their idea for the drivers to do the dirty work.

bbsam

Staff member
I've never heard of that before. But then again, I ignore alot of what the company says.