Why Now???

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I know....
When someone says they won't use the self checkout lines because they take jobs away from people, I always think back to when we said the same thing about pumping your own gas and ATMs.
Now everybody does it..
source-1.gif

Dave still does it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@Bubblehead why don't the vehicles get C washes; rims scrubbed with soap, water, and a hand brush; the outside and all of the glass get cleaned every night like it used to be?
We had full time porters prior to Aug of 1997. In fact we had a full time porter and two part timers that did porter work. The company cared that our uniforms and shoes were maintained at ups appearance standards.

'Why now' is a good question. The best answer I can muster is that the pride of who we are (were) and caring about public perception is no longer a priority for many managers at any level. Service has been replaced with Stock price and since the company doesnt care about the appearance of the building, vehicles, and the employees who are the face of ups the employees no longer care.

It starts at the top.

"Lead by example."

"It's not who is right it's about what is right."

Archaic statements.

If the management doesnt care the employees won't either.
Plain and simple.

@Bubblehead why don't the vehicles get C washes; rims scrubbed with soap, water, and a hand brush; the outside and all of the glass get cleaned every night like it used to be?
We had full time porters prior to Aug of 1997. In fact we had a full time porter and two part timers that did porter work. The company cared that our uniforms and shoes were maintained at ups appearance standards.

'Why now' is a good question. The best answer I can muster is that the pride of who we are (were) and caring about public perception is no longer a priority for many managers at any level. Service has been replaced with Stock price and since the company doesnt care about the appearance of the building, vehicles, and the employees who are the face of ups the employees no longer care.

It starts at the top.

"Lead by example."

"It's not who is right it's about what is right."

Archaic statements.

If the management doesnt care the employees won't either.
Plain and simple.
The new generation will unfortunately never understand This.
It's been long gone.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We do what we do despite the stupidity
For a little bit longer. The pride is wavering. The strength of upsers was being proud to be a ups teamster. We always made it work, got it done and was proud of it. The customers appreciated it and told us so. It built the customer base we have.

Now, for many, it's about surviving the diluted atmosphere.

Thank God for the people who still care about customers.

For a little bit longer. The pride is wavering. The strength of upsers was being proud to be a ups teamster. We always made it work, got it done and was proud of it. The customers appreciated it and told us so. It built the customer base we have.

Now, for many, it's about surviving the diluted atmosphere.

Thank God for the people who still care about customers.
In the past week my customers have appreciated me a lot. It was a good feeling