Why the 8 hour dispatch?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Somebody finally realized we don't have enough people to do the job
imagesF3LX5EY9.jpg

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I had a good convo with my center manager this morning....the whole 9.5 through peak thing is very real guys. The company has gone out of their way to advertise this to shareholders and contracts and it's all about OT. UPS believes it will make more money this peak by cutting down on the OT. That's what it's all about, and that's why we're hiring so many new guys and picking up more rentals.
Obviously it's not going to be perfect, I'm not even claiming that it's going to work. But they're gonna try, that's 100% fact. Get your popcorn out and enjoy the show.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I had a good convo with my center manager this morning....the whole 9.5 through peak thing is very real guys. The company has gone out of their way to advertise this to shareholders and contracts and it's all about OT. UPS believes it will make more money this peak by cutting down on the OT. That's what it's all about, and that's why we're hiring so many new guys and picking up more rentals.
Obviously it's not going to be perfect, I'm not even claiming that it's going to work. But they're gonna try, that's 100% fact. Get your popcorn out and enjoy the show.
The preload assignments got adjusted with the new building. Lighter but we also have more assignments than loaders.While we may be able to find extra drivers. A lack of part timers will undoubtedly be the first cracks to appear on the fish bowl.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
8 hour dispatch? Our center can't get anything less than 9+ because they refuse to fix their time allowances.
Mine still won't put in the routes needed. Sure they put in 1 extra route and get everyone just under 9.5 but still need 1-2 more for these 8 hour days everyone has.