Why the 8 hour dispatch?

DeliveryMachine

We’ve already been asked at PCM to “think about” working the Saturday after thanksgiving. You might be right. Coming in on Saturday isn’t as bad when you have been getting off at 5 everyday

We will see if this actually works out in the future.
It's just more than savosa drivers overtime. The packages get back to the hub in a timely manner and they don't have guys staying around longer than their regular shift to unload last minute package cars . Also you don't have feeders sitting around waiting .

I'm sure they will experiment with it for awhile until they find the right balance.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

It's just more than savosa drivers overtime. The packages get back to the hub in a timely manner and they don't have guys staying around longer than their regular shift to unload last minute package cars . Also you don't have feeders sitting around waiting .

I'm sure they will experiment with it for awhile until they find the right balance.

Maybe. maybe the 22.4's will realize they are just package sluts of UPS and not give a :censored2:.

Undertow

8hr dispatch? I say bring it on! Better load quality, more time to make vital alliances with customers, less being out there after dark and less exposure to unsafe situations.

I'm not at all convinced this is the "new normal" at least in the places that are supposedly seeing these 8.2's. It could simply be an experiment where the company is looking for any data to support a link to reduced accidents and/or injuries, or it could even be nothing more than a ploy in an attempt to pacify a significant portion of the rank and file that have the knives out for Hoffa, Taylor and the board room in the aftermath of having an unsatisfactory contract forced on them.

Does anybody much less everybody really think the lions share of drivers are going to be punching out before 9.5 from Thanksgiving thru New Year's? The company couldn't even get the air stops to many of us before 4pm half the days during last peak season and that was with little to no snow on the ground. For those that are experiencing this wherever you may be, except for these guys stuck in Silicon Valley where they really ned that OT, enjoy this why it's here because there's absolutely no guarantees it lasts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here’s a good one talked to one of my boys tonight.

He got back to the building at 5:00 local sort was short handed so asked if he wanted to work.kicked him out at 9.5

Before he was done washing his hands a part time sup had taken the job over he was doing

Grievance already turned in

SMH!!! More ignorance