Why The High Divorce Rate?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was just messing with you.
I figured as much, but LOVED telling the end of the story. Thanks!

Maybe it's just the way you worded it when you said that her husband wasn't home. I know you well enough to know what you meant but even I had a " would I want a guy swinging by to have lunch or dinner with my wife alone?" thought go through my head. A good woman and a good man can be trusted but that doesn't stop that primal part of the brain from twitching when the mate of one of them contemplates it.
Boundaries, trust me, they work!

Life without kids PRICELESS lol
I have 5 Children and a Grandson. I'm twice divorced and have my Children at my house every other week, for the entire week. Neither of the Exes took it all, though Ex number one tried to make visitation impossible for me. I handled that through the court and won. That Child is now 23, on her own and never stops talking about the good times we've had throughout the years. Since each wife had a "change of heart", the attention that I gave them is now more attention I give my children, because it really is all about them. Oh, and Ex wife number 2 actually take care of my 3 Young'ns after school, which is something she agreed to in the divorce. So if I have to work late, she's there. It works the other way also. If I'm off and she needs me for our Children, I'm there. Hmmm, it's almost the same way as when we were married minus the sex and putting up with her smoking, lol.

Maybe something is getting lost here because of lack of intonation, but are you this offensive in real life? I know that as humans we like to "generalize", but really? Lumping all gay males as flamboyant is ridiculous.

If all states would get on board, we could start making money with licensing fee's and divorce fee's. It should be the same for everyone. I say live and let live.
I'd like to hear his feelings on Blacks, Puerto Ricans and Jews........SIGH!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Maybe something is getting lost here because of lack of intonation, but are you this offensive in real life? I know that as humans we like to "generalize", but really? Lumping all gay males as flamboyant is ridiculous.

If all states would get on board, we could start making money with licensing fee's and divorce fee's. It should be the same for everyone. I say live and let live.

I dont think they all are flamboyant, I do believe a lot are. My GFs twin brother was gay and died from aids a few years ago. I got a chance to meet his partner, who was a border patrol agent, and he came off as very straight. But I know the drama that gay males can put out, and I do see a lot of them getting divorced in a short amount of time.

I wasnt making a crack at all of them for being flamboyant. Perhaps I should've said that they overreact to the smallest of things, and would get married for silly reasons.

I for one, dont care why or what reason people get married for, just leave me out of it. I tolerate the gays, theres a lot of good ones out there.

What I see, in the long run, is the extension of red tape into state and federal government. As well an easier spread sheet to idenity theft. Making a flow of income on marriage is silly, on either side of the relationship. Many states dont make money at all, if only a little bit. Were asking that the system be flooded with more traffic, causing higher cost in the long run.

gingerkat

I guess that is why text/message boards can go so wrong. I guess I get offended because I was bullied as a child because I was a "mixed breed" and was told I didn't belong because my skin was too dark, even though my dad was born there. So now, my feathers get ruffled when I feel people being picked on for being different.

Living where I live, there are tons of homosexuals and "freaks" if you will and I've learned to try and not judge any of them. I've not walked in any of their shoes and every one of them deserves a chance at love and marriage if they so choose. My cousin is a "masculine" gay and he got married in San Francisco before it was repealed. Can you imagine how it must feel to have the government/people tell you your love doesn't count because of your sexual orientation? That sucks! It would be no different if someone told me "ginger, you were married once, you failed and you don't get a second try". It should not be up to the government or religious rights groups to decided who should get to love and marry.

Last year I became good friends with a 60 y/o man who I would have never guess was gay. Sadly about 6 months into the friendship he got really ill with cancer and was unable to walk with his dog by my house every day. I ended up taking care of him and his needs. Before I got the gig with UPS, he told me with tears in his eyes that he was gay. He was afraid I wouldn't want to be his friend any longer. He told me the emotional pain of being gay was 10x the physical pain he had from bone cancer.

He died in December, while I was working. I miss him so much, as he was an incredible human being. It saddens me that he wasn't able to marry or really come out of the closet because of how people talk. He was an incredible man with a loving spirit.

My feelings are, as long as it's consensual and it doesn't hurt anyone, then be free to marry. Maybe states should be a little smarter and raise the fee's for marriage licenses?

I don't know, maybe this all comes down to being getting my ass kicked every day and then being called everything ugly for a lot of years. There were no anti-bullying campaigns when I was a kid.

I dont think they all are flamboyant, I do believe a lot are. My GFs twin brother was gay and died from aids a few years ago. I got a chance to meet his partner, who was a border patrol agent, and he came off as very straight. But I know the drama that gay males can put out, and I do see a lot of them getting divorced in a short amount of time.

I wasnt making a crack at all of them for being flamboyant. Perhaps I should've said that they overreact to the smallest of things, and would get married for silly reasons.

I for one, dont care why or what reason people get married for, just leave me out of it. I tolerate the gays, theres a lot of good ones out there.

What I see, in the long run, is the extension of red tape into state and federal government. As well an easier spread sheet to idenity theft. Making a flow of income on marriage is silly, on either side of the relationship. Many states dont make money at all, if only a little bit. Were asking that the system be flooded with more traffic, causing higher cost in the long run.

Maybe those that are "flamboyant" are the Ying to the heterosexual guys that act "tough" Yang? Both are acts, masks if you will,to make one more comfortable in fitting in?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Great post!

I dont judge either, but I do call it as it is. I often see the flaw in humanity, is that we mostly judge before knowing really anything about another. I like the gays, think they are fun and spirited at all times. They want to choose to live that way, so be it. I wont judge them, as the romans did, live every day as if its your last.

But gay marriage is stretch. Marriage is often done because of children. And the laws support those who have them. I know the gays can adopt, but they can get some benefits from the state if they need them. And they always claim, well my partner, if I die, I can leave anything to my partner. Nonsense, you can always write a will and have it notarised. It becomes law by say so.

On the government on marriage, its an issue of under God. We, as a nation, became a laws and ethics under the watch of God. Which, sadly, the gays are looked down upon. It was a moral issue in our start. And nowadays is more of an issue of voter numbers. But it is as so because of the God part of the conversation.

I'd say, go ahead, let them marry. But when I say " warning " just remember that.

Indecisi0n

Keep digging that hole. Lol

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Maybe those that are "flamboyant" are the Ying to the heterosexual guys that act "tough" Yang? Both are acts, masks if you will,to make one more comfortable in fitting in?

Could be, but say its more of a man and women relationship after that. But then, I say, those many of regular problems on the normal side of things, arnt there?

Over all, I think gay marriage is the wrong way to go. But if its done, its done.

P

pickup

To all Participants of this thread,

According to the Holy Bible this is God's perspective on divorce:

Malachi 2:16

New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]“The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,”[SUP][a][/SUP] says the Lord Almighty.
So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Sincerely,
I

Funny, "God" had this to say as well, earlier in the book. The guy must have forgotten what he dictated to his old secretary before he recruited Malachai for the job.

[h=3]Deuteronomy 24:1-4[/h]English Standard Version (ESV)

[h=3]Laws Concerning Divorce[/h]24 “When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, [SUP]2 [/SUP]and if she goes and becomes another man's wife, [SUP]3 [/SUP]and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, [SUP]4 [/SUP]then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.

Returntosender

To much.

Returntosender

In my experience Orly "flamboyant gay men" are good renters. What is one things flamboyant gay men display? Flamboyant gay men are clean, they take care of themselves. They won't destroy the property.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess that is why text/message boards can go so wrong. I guess I get offended because I was bullied as a child because I was a "mixed breed" and was told I didn't belong because my skin was too dark, even though my dad was born there. So now, my feathers get ruffled when I feel people being picked on for being different.

Living where I live, there are tons of homosexuals and "freaks" if you will and I've learned to try and not judge any of them. I've not walked in any of their shoes and every one of them deserves a chance at love and marriage if they so choose. My cousin is a "masculine" gay and he got married in San Francisco before it was repealed. Can you imagine how it must feel to have the government/people tell you your love doesn't count because of your sexual orientation? That sucks! It would be no different if someone told me "ginger, you were married once, you failed and you don't get a second try". It should not be up to the government or religious rights groups to decided who should get to love and marry.

Last year I became good friends with a 60 y/o man who I would have never guess was gay. Sadly about 6 months into the friendship he got really ill with cancer and was unable to walk with his dog by my house every day. I ended up taking care of him and his needs. Before I got the gig with UPS, he told me with tears in his eyes that he was gay. He was afraid I wouldn't want to be his friend any longer. He told me the emotional pain of being gay was 10x the physical pain he had from bone cancer.

He died in December, while I was working. I miss him so much, as he was an incredible human being. It saddens me that he wasn't able to marry or really come out of the closet because of how people talk. He was an incredible man with a loving spirit.

My feelings are, as long as it's consensual and it doesn't hurt anyone, then be free to marry. Maybe states should be a little smarter and raise the fee's for marriage licenses?

I don't know, maybe this all comes down to being getting my ass kicked every day and then being called everything ugly for a lot of years. There were no anti-bullying campaigns when I was a kid.
So you've only been a UPS'er a short time, eh? I had issues that were very similar, growing up. Caucasian kids thought I was black/Hispanic, Black/Hispanics, thought I was Caucasian, so I got harassed by both sides. Sorry for your pain gk, and that was a very touching story.....sorry for your loss.

Funny, "God" had this to say as well, earlier in the book. The guy must have forgotten what he dictated to his old secretary before he recruited Malachai for the job.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4

English Standard Version (ESV)

Laws Concerning Divorce

24 “When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, [SUP]2 [/SUP]and if she goes and becomes another man's wife, [SUP]3 [/SUP]and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, [SUP]4 [/SUP]then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.
One man hates his wife, the others have found no favor and indecency. If you go into it with a closed mind, you will come out of it with a closed mind, my friend. Jesus said he who divorces, sins. If you look at all of these you can see how much sense it all makes.

I think the one key rule should be, take off the rose colored glasses before making any "life long" decisions.

kip

I was in an extended center in the early 1990s where 25 out of 26 drivers were married to their first wife. 23 package drivers and 3 feeder drivers.
Happy to be back here in BrownCafe as I sincerely miss UPS - the people, the stories, peak season, doing a job that really mattered. Life after UPS has been good, but life there was good, too. I was here about 12 years ago under another name but I can't find the old user name...

S

serenity now

I was in an extended center in the early 1990s where 25 out of 26 drivers were married to their first wife. 23 package drivers and 3 feeder drivers.
Happy to be back here in BrownCafe as I sincerely miss UPS - the people, the stories, peak season, doing a job that really mattered. Life after UPS has been good, but life there was good, too. I was here about 12 years ago under another name but I can't find the old user name...

Welcome back..........

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
In my experience Orly "flamboyant gay men" are good renters. What is one things flamboyant gay men display? Flamboyant gay men are clean, they take care of themselves. They won't destroy the property.

Just because they are, doesnt mean they will be good in other things.

Its ok, " I dont want to die without any scars. " Fight Club

Scratchy

I did not read anything past the first post of the thread so I may be reiterating a bit. Short answer? This "You only live once" philosophy is becoming a cultural norm if it hasn't already... part of which being the idea that polygamy is encouraged.