Why The High Divorce Rate?

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Once again, much respect to those of you who are keeping your relationships going - that's a rare thing in this world. And that's precisely why I agree with the idea of a prenup. Those who don't learn from the past... well, you know the rest. Anyway, I wish you the best.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I can't believe how selfish you guys are Orly and RitchieDavies. I assume you are both young and don't have any real life experience.

What would you do if you married someone and they became ill? Would you care for them or would keep a balance sheet to track how much they were costing you?

Married people who are in love don't keep things separate and they don't keep score. We are a unit facing life's challenges together.

Do you plan to keep a score card on how much your kids cost you? Do you keep track of all your relationships with people to make sure you come out ahead?

My uncle's wife has Alzheimer' disease. He spends his days trying to make her life the best it can be. That is love boys. You two sound like takers not givers and I hope my daughters never end up marrying someone like you guys.

Actually, my girl friend of 7 years has had cancer come back. Shes not doing too well, and in a hospital bed in the living room. Where shes getting blood taken at the moment. I've been taking care of her for a few months now, since she cant even stand. Wiping and cleaning her each and everyday. It kills me to see her in this state.

She was getting chemo, then the docter said no more, its killing her. And yet the tumor might do so as well. She was lucky enough to get on the states aid, even though I hate it.

Its not about taking at all. Once she divorces you, she will take, trust me. She will go for blood and take you for all its worth, and then some. Why do I say so, because its a never ending story of same thing happening to you guys. And I am sure most of those guys thought the same thing, its never going to happen, and do nothing. Yet they are stuck paying alimony, living in an apartment and having to car pool to work. It only seems to me that you guys like giving away your lifes work over a women and your feelings.

Its about protecting what you have and what you will make. And yes, as Ritche said, I am not harpin on your marriage at all. Only trying to add to the conversation and a suggestion to you and everyone that does marry prenup as soon as possible.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Why do I say so, because its a never ending story of same thing happening to you guys. And I am sure most of those guys thought the same thing, its never going to happen, and do nothing. Yet they are stuck paying alimony, living in an apartment and having to car pool to work. It only seems to me that you guys like giving away your lifes work over a women and your feelings.

Exactly, hence my last post. It's okay to be a gentleman, show respect, love and affection for a woman; it doesn't make you any less of a man. But when you're willing to let her walk over you because you were too blinded by love... well... she's eventually gonna ram it as hard as she can where the sun don't shine.

texan

Exactly, hence my last post. It's okay to be a gentleman, show respect, love and affection for a woman; it doesn't make you any less of a man. But when you're willing to let her walk over you because you were too blinded by love... well... she's eventually gonna ram it as hard as she can where the sun don't shine.
Risque post in parts.:sad-little: I am not offended, so mods all is well (just a thought)

"hence" ?? You are not Dave are you?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Thats right, its not being selfish. The guy is just willing to bend over and take it hard because he had those magic moments that he felt so good and thought she felt that good too. Too bad so sad, as it said.

I've had a lot of relationships in my time. With many hot women, with so-so women. They always leave me, because I'm the type of guy that really never leaves anyone. I feel its right, and it feels right, then theres no problem, right? I've learned over those years that women will leave you for a lot of reasons. Another man, money, school, parents, religion, sex, driving, work, looks and so on and so on. Trust me, theres been many women in my life.

In my time, I've only left three women. One because of another girl, the other because another girl and the last because of another girl. Ladies, pay attention. The only time a guy is going to leave you is for another women, nowadays. A women willing to make you happy, over and over again, is a keeper. The one that uses you over and over again, is one that should be seen as a threat. Trust me, I've had many of those.

I believe the lack of know how in relationships is the draw in trust factor to you guys in the UPS department. Over all, this means you've never had a simple or long term relationship, with a women. Over all again, you're in your first serious relationship ever, thus your blinded of truth about just dating or living with a women. Its your first serious relationship, yet you claim to know so much about women. One women isnt enough to know about the spectrum of moves they will pull. Sorry, but your an idiot if you think so.

anonymous4

Love is fleeting and nothing lasts forever. Can you force it? Of course. Humans are not monogamous creatures, our genetic survival depends on it not being the case.

If you truly believe your significant other wouldn't leave you for someone with a higher social standing, someone who will give (even in the subconscious) her offspring and therefore genetics a higher chance of survival, she will be on that pole so fast your head will spin. Slapping on a label like marriage is a mere self-calming, pat on the back in an attempt to lock someone into an impossible situation and guilt them into loyalty that can't be expected.

Put your wife in the right situation with a charismatic, handsome man in a highly respected social position and your 15 years of beautiful love will be on the back-burner to her currently dripping wet panties. She couldn't help it if she wanted to, the chemicals in the brain come a step before the conscious.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If my wife gets Alzheimer's I will slap in her in a home as soon as she becomes too much to handle. I hope she does the same to me. I have watched this disease kill many people in my family. Worst of all I have watched it destroy the lives of many healthy people who try to take care of the sick person. My grandpa had it and my dad always wanted me to go visit. Grandpa had no idea who I was anymore and as far as I was concerned he wasn't my grandpa anymore. He was someone else. A possessd man if u will. My dad is on medication for it now and long term care insurance and plans are already taken care of.

Re-Raise

I feel dumber after wasting my time reading Ritchie and Orly's posts. Do whatever the hell you want boys I couldn't care less. I just don't believe the women are lining up to try to get their hands on your fortune.

I am lucky to have married someone I am still very much in love with. We have raised children and made a lot of money together. Half of what we have belongs to her.

over9five

Staff member
Lol, this thread is great! You got Mr "Ive bedded thousands of women" and Mr "Strange forces that she cannot control makes women leave"!!!

There's a reason you guys have all these problems with women, and it ain't the woman. You hear a couple of stories and now every woman in the world is a leech who only wants money.

Go back to your Wi and Nintendo's boys. I hope some of the BC leech women will weigh in on this thread....

If nothing else, I rate this thread a 10 for the comedic value!

anonymous4

A biological process isn't what I'd call "strange forces". It is a subconscious drive that can be fought but not contained. You want to spread your seed to many different women based on perceived beauty, she wants other people's seed based on social status in the community. What train of thought do you prescribe (delude) yourself to that makes you believe the people you surround yourself with are not subject to human nature? A fairy tale?

A young Bill Clinton for example. Would you trust your significant other on an island with that man for a month? Charming, attractive, intelligent and social status of the highest order. This is the equivalent of you being locked in a room on MDMA with Angelina Jolie prancing around in a thong and you telling yourself you wouldn't pop wood because you took a vow.

Re-Raise

Lol, this thread is great! You got Mr "Ive bedded thousands of women" and Mr "Strange forces that she cannot control makes women leave"!!!

There's a reason you guys have all these problems with women, and it ain't the woman. You hear a couple of stories and now every woman in the world is a leech who only wants money.

Go back to your Wi and Nintendo's boys. I hope some of the BC leech women will weigh in on this thread....

If nothing else, I rate this thread a 10 for the comedic value!

Thank you. Sometimes I read these things and wonder if I am the only one who is shaking their head the whole time. I hope they are somehow able to protect their financial empires from those gold diggers.

gingerkat

I swore I wasn't going to come back to this thread...

I was a woman that happened to be the main bread-winner in my family. My husband spent like a Kardashian, and yet I wouldn't do a prenup. Plus many don't realize that many pre-nups are NOT iron clad and in most states after you're married it's 50/50, regardless of who makes the majority. Also a lot of states are "no fault" so it won't matter that a woman cheats (nice reference by the way:angry:) or runs out for another man. When you take your pre-nup to the lawyers to comb over, you won't have much money left to split anyway.

(2) 25 year old's pre-nup / nothing + nothing = love

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you. Sometimes I read these things and wonder if I am the only one who is shaking their head the whole time. I hope they are somehow able to protect their financial empires from those gold diggers.

I don't think anyone is saying all women are gold diggers. The system however is skewed towards females big time. Do u know how terrible a woman has to be to lose the kids. He cheats he is an ass. She cheats and he didn't give her enough attention.

Do you have life insurance? If so I'm sure u don't plan on dying tomorrow but u take the necessary precautions. A prenup is no different.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I shouldnt post here either as I am a 2 time loser on my third.
To be fair, I blame men as much as women. Women complain they have no time for themselves, and expect the husband to do thier jobs when the husband comes home. Kudos to all men who share in the work, because you are a good guy, but seriously if you wife is a stay at home Mom, its her job to do most of the cooking cleaning, and taking care of the kids. Being a Mom is the most important job in the world, and sometimes young couples dont know what their plans entail, til they are in it. Tis is for young couples, I be talking about.
For the dual career couple, you do what works, if you want to make it, if you are both going to school, working etc. Everything is anyones job.
In my experience its usually the wife who is unfulfilled, the working man is too damn tired to fool around. Suddenly hes living on half his salary, and supporting kids and a wife. Who he no longer lives with. JMHO

I was mid forty when I married for the 3rd time. I was barely 21 when I got divorced for the 2nd. There was nothing to take, we just parted ways, and we started all over.

My 1st husband is on his 5th, My second husband killed himself, and my 3rd husband is the love of my life. We never got a prenup, because I felt if I were stupid enough to have to start over again, I deserved it. So far so good.

It really is played like a game to some. But there is nothing better than being married to your best friend. To that I can attest. Do I want to choke him at times, of course. Would I ever leave him, Never. And I can say with certainty that he would never leave me either, but it took a lot of yrs of knowing him to know that. So I guess I am blessed, finally.

stink219

Wanna know why the divorce rate is so high? It's solely based on the understanding and expectations we have for our partner. My ex wife wanted for us to be best friends. Best friends? Ladies, your man does not want to be best friends. Reason #1, my best friend would let me bang other chicks! My dog is my best friend. I don't care what I'm doing or what kinda day I'm having, but when I come home, that little guy is going nuts on how happy he is to see me. Not once did he ever bitch me out for getting home late and being drunk. So no, we are not best friends! Understanding and expectations!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Actually, my girl friend of 7 years has had cancer come back. Shes not doing too well, and in a hospital bed in the living room. Where shes getting blood taken at the moment. I've been taking care of her for a few months now, since she cant even stand. Wiping and cleaning her each and everyday. It kills me to see her in this state.

She was getting chemo, then the docter said no more, its killing her. And yet the tumor might do so as well. She was lucky enough to get on the states aid, even though I hate it.

Its not about taking at all. Once she divorces you, she will take, trust me. She will go for blood and take you for all its worth, and then some. Why do I say so, because its a never ending story of same thing happening to you guys. And I am sure most of those guys thought the same thing, its never going to happen, and do nothing. Yet they are stuck paying alimony, living in an apartment and having to car pool to work. It only seems to me that you guys like giving away your lifes work over a women and your feelings.

Its about protecting what you have and what you will make. And yes, as Ritche said, I am not harpin on your marriage at all. Only trying to add to the conversation and a suggestion to you and everyone that does marry prenup as soon as possible.
I'm sorry that she is going through that and kudos to you for sticking by her.

Love is fleeting and nothing lasts forever. Can you force it? Of course. Humans are not monogamous creatures, our genetic survival depends on it not being the case.

If you truly believe your significant other wouldn't leave you for someone with a higher social standing, someone who will give (even in the subconscious) her offspring and therefore genetics a higher chance of survival, she will be on that pole so fast your head will spin. Slapping on a label like marriage is a mere self-calming, pat on the back in an attempt to lock someone into an impossible situation and guilt them into loyalty that can't be expected.

Put your wife in the right situation with a charismatic, handsome man in a highly respected social position and your 15 years of beautiful love will be on the back-burner to her currently dripping wet panties. She couldn't help it if she wanted to, the chemicals in the brain come a step before the conscious.
And who made you the leader of the human species? I TOTALLY disagree with THAT statement. Please use a smaller paint brush, the next time you post.

If my wife gets Alzheimer's I will slap in her in a home as soon as she becomes too much to handle. I hope she does the same to me. I have watched this disease kill many people in my family. Worst of all I have watched it destroy the lives of many healthy people who try to take care of the sick person. My grandpa had it and my dad always wanted me to go visit. Grandpa had no idea who I was anymore and as far as I was concerned he wasn't my grandpa anymore. He was someone else. A possessd man if u will. My dad is on medication for it now and long term care insurance and plans are already taken care of.
I don't know what to say about this post, but it makes me feel really uneasy.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
I feel dumber after wasting my time reading Ritchie and Orly's posts. Do whatever the hell you want boys I couldn't care less. I just don't believe the women are lining up to try to get their hands on your fortune.

I am lucky to have married someone I am still very much in love with. We have raised children and made a lot of money together. Half of what we have belongs to her.

You feel dumber after reading our posts?!? Ha, that's rich! Tell me: how naive, childish and dumb is it to go throughout life observing others going through similar situations as yourself, watching them fail for whatever reason and then telling yourself "That'll never be me" essentially learning nothing from your peers? And you feel that you've lost a couple IQ points?!? The feeling is mutual. Once again: Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it; you better listen to your fellow UPSers, I bet many of them have a bunch of horror stories for you to take to heart.

Again, that's no reason to end what might be a good thing and besides... it's too late to get a prenup for you, but I wasn't suggesting that for you specifically. All I'm saying is: to keep an eye open and don't be a fool. It's the same guys who think that all women or their women are angels who are the first to get the shaft from their wives or girlfriends... and if they've willingly let themselves be blinded instead of using their heads, they deserve what they get imo.

gingerkat

A while back I said I had "no regrets". I take that back. My regret is that I was nicer to him than me. I regret not being good to myself. My advice, just be nice to yourself, married or single.

I hope that everyone that is married, stays married, but only under good and agreeable conditions for both.

anonymous4

Evolutionary psychology generally agrees humans are polygamous in nature with some monogamous tendencies. Are you not a human? The brush isn't exactly broad, we all fall under the same umbrella. Studies place affairs in committed "monogamous" relationships at 50-80%. And how do you get a truthful body of responses to such a topic? As a self-aware species, every person should have the ability to define themselves as monogamous if they so chose. You can absolutely tell yourself you are committed to one person and fight your natural instinct for a life time. This does not make you naturally monogamous, just someone with dedication to a certain goal. 50-80% of humans don't seem to be capable of doing that long-term. As a species, we are most certainly not defined as monogamous.

I will also incite more violence in this thread. Why is the divorce rate so high? As a UPS employee you are not home. Most people will form resentment towards someone and drifting apart would be all too common in such a scenario. You are completely compatible with an estimated 300,000 other human beings. Chances are there is another man out there who can provide more than you while also being around the home.

I also question a lot of men and their ability to look at this reality and make the changes needed to give them the best shot at a successful monogamous relationship. How many of you are truly in-tune with what the opposite sex really needs in a partner to not stray? Are you fat? A terrible lover? An abusive husband? A poor listener? There are so many factors a man can change to stack the cards in his favor when it comes to women. If you value your wives one would think you would do everything you could to be the end-all-be-all so straying was not an option as there could be no better. This would be an every day battle to improve yourself and I don't get the feeling many people take part in such activities. It's more like come home at 9pm, crack a beer and watch the world spin around.

The previous paragraph was definitely painted with a "broad brush" and is merely an observation, certainly not applying to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator: