Why The High Divorce Rate?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all Participants of this thread,

According to the Holy Bible this is God's perspective on divorce:

Malachi 2:16

New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]“The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,”[SUP][a][/SUP] says the Lord Almighty.
So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Sincerely,
I

Re-Raise

First off Orly and Ritchie neither of you answered my question about your parent's marriages. Also I am very curious how old each of you are and if you are still working part-time? Do either of you have children?

And for everyone else who reads this , have any of you actually signed a pre- nuptial agreement before you were married? I don't know anyone who has. We are truck drivers , not billionaire business owners.

Maybe not RR, but in today's day and age it's not real hard to rack up substantial personal assets especially involving real estate in some states.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Heh, I wanted him (Re-Raise) to understand where I was coming from, he doesn't have to necessarily agree - because at the end of the day it's his life and his marriage. Hearing out people with opposing views, even if you don't agree is how one's knowledge grows, instead of simply being closed minded. I've learned a bit from Re-Raise myself, actually.

And as for your last comment, like I said, do as you will - I really don't care. But I have a couple questions for you: If you were going to walk a tightrope, wouldn't you LIKE to have a HARNESS? LOL. Or would you rather do so, just for the hell of it and for the adrenaline rush (your emotions), knowing that if you fall you can lose everything you've worked your whole life for? Would you enter what might be a potentially sticky situation, knowing that you might have a way to minimize the problems in that situation, or just dive right in? Would you ride a motorcycle with no protection like a squid, would you screw a girl you didn't know without protection? I don't think so. It's always good to have a backup plan; nothing wrong with that. Those who PRIDE themselves on taking huge risks when they could've had at least some protection, while bashing those who did take extra caution are fools. It's that simple.
I've done ALL those things, except for walking a tight rope, which if I was trained to do, I'd do without a harness. Maybe you should just remain indoors so that nothing "bad" happens to you.

What you wont believe is your own ignorance.

Sure, nowadays we are raised different. But hell, doesnt mean it makes us weaker or stronger in short or longer term. We are human begins, afterall. Doesnt mean you know better, and the same for me.

I see the kids getting the good life nowadays. Ipads, cell phones and others and I say what the hell. But I come back with, its only the times we are at. Lets say you 200 years in the future, which should never matter anyways.

What you say and I say wouldnt matter anyhow.

Good, believe I didnt live my own life and go all those miles without having all those things to guide me. Christ, I didnt as a human ever grow up without the interwebs. Because I didnt have them, they only made life a little more enjoyable. Such an etard!
See what I'm saying? You call THAT, the good life? I believe giving kids all of THAT, is the equivalent of telling them you DON'T care about them. Maybe if you had more Mom and Dad time, you wouldn't think the way you do.

gingerkat

And for everyone else who reads this , have any of you actually signed a pre- nuptial agreement before you were married? I don't know anyone who has. We are truck drivers , not billionaire business owners.
When I met my husband I was 20 and he was 30 and of course we both had nothing. Looking back at everything that has happened, I wouldn't ask for one and I wouldn't want to sign one. To me, a pre-nup is almost like a big red "warning label" that is screaming that failure is ahead. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I think love shouldn't be a contract formulated by lawyers.

As a CPA in the westside of Los Angeles, I've seen very few pre-nups even between millionaires. It's just one of those things that most people don't do. When I did see them, the average persons that had them were celebrity/athlete, lawyer, and trust fund babies (drawn up by yes, estate or family attorneys).

But even then, when divorce came down to it, pre-nups are very rarely iron clad and costly when attorneys get involved, not to mentioned any forensic accounting if required by either spouse or attorney. If anything, you would be better off paying your spouse instead of giving it to the attorneys.

For whatever it's worth, people do what makes you comfortable.

Re-Raise

Maybe not RR, but in today's day and age it's not real hard to rack up substantial personal assets especially involving real estate in some states.

Believe me I know that Cach. I am in central Illinois and my family owns quite a bit of farmland.

My wife and I have accumulated a pretty substantial nest egg over the years. We built our own house and have had no debt for well over 10 years. She works in HR and has made about as much as I have over the last 26 yrs that we have been together.

If only I had listened to the boys Orly and Ritchie my life could have been more like theirs.

And to top things off I have Peyton Manning on my fantasy team, just sayin..

Last edited:
While we don't have a pre-nup we do have very specific Wills that dictate where assists can and cannot go in the event of one or both deaths. It could almost be considered a post-nup.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
First off Orly and Ritchie neither of you answered my question about your parent's marriages. Also I am very curious how old each of you are and if you are still working part-time? Do either of you have children?

What's the point in telling you anything if you're just going to be an ageist, condescending b@stard and tell me "You see, that's what's wrong with the youth these days, back in my day..." I don't wanna hear that bull, because my age, once again, is irrelevant as it makes my point no less valid. If you somehow own a lot of land and your marriage worked out well, then you're one of the few out of the many horror stories out there. People, for the thousand time, no matter whether you're married or not, are not ALWAYS the people you think they are and that's a fact. Ask your fellow UPSers who are divorced if you doubt that. It might happen to you, no matter how you FEEL. And that's all I'm saying, nothing more. God, I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of theis... *sigh* nevermind...

And once again, you don't have to be a billionaire. Losing half of your income/possessions would be devastating to anyone, ESPECIALLY the average Joe, so your point is still invalid.

P.S: Your likes means nothing: Toonertoo is of course a woman (a good one from what I see here) so of course she's gonna go against the idea of a prenup, and Steve? He's one of those guys who thinks taking crazy risks and being a doormat is what makes him a man, kinda like you. And yes, I am drunk lol.

Re-Raise

What's the point in telling you anything if you're just going to be an ageist, condescending b@stard and tell me "You see, that's what's wrong with the youth these days, back in my day..." I don't wanna hear that bull, because my age, once again, is irrelevant as it makes my point no less valid. If you somehow own a lot of land and your marriage worked out well, then you're one of the few out of the many horror stories out there. People, for the thousand time, no matter whether you're married or not, are not ALWAYS the people you think they are and that's a fact. Ask your fellow UPSers who are divorced if you doubt that. It might happen to you, no matter how you FEEL. And that's all I'm saying, nothing more. God, I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of theis... *sigh* nevermind...

And once again, you don't have to be a billionaire. Losing half of your income/possessions would be devastating to anyone, ESPECIALLY the average Joe, so your point is still invalid.

P.S: Your likes means nothing: Toonertoo is of course a woman (a good one from what I see here) so of course she's gonna go against the idea of a prenup, and Steve? He's one of those guys who thinks taking crazy risks and being a doormat is what makes him a man, kinda like you. And yes, I am drunk lol.

I didn't know they were difficult questions.

If I come across as condescending that is only because I feel that I am so much better than you.

You bore me kid, and I have real life grown up **** to take care of.

Last edited:

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
I didn't know they were difficult questions.

If I come across as condescending that is only because I feel that I am so much better than you.

Isn't that where the notion of condescension comes from?

LOL, and I'm the a-hole? Right. Do you have any other points to make other than the money/age and possessions you have or are you pointing that out because you don't have any other legs to stand on and because my point is more valid than yours? That's quite funny: when you are outclassed, point out how much more money you have than a person who hasn't had the time to accumulate that much. I will surpass you, you can be sure of that and I hope you never have to experience a divorce from that little angel you have. You would cry and break down like a little girl. Good day. Because you are an ass and have no other points to make (than resort to childish crap like this) , my role in this thread is done. Theists... there's no reasoning with them LOL.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
I've done ALL those things, except for walking a tight rope, which if I was trained to do, I'd do without a harness. Maybe you should just remain indoors so that nothing "bad" happens to you.

See what I'm saying? You call THAT, the good life? I believe giving kids all of THAT, is the equivalent of telling them you DON'T care about them. Maybe if you had more Mom and Dad time, you wouldn't think the way you do.

What a childish copout; because I'd like to protect myself in risky situations, I'm apparently a basement dweller. LOL better wake up people, you better wake up. It's not about being a coward, it's about using your head and being smart. But then again, I doubt we drivers and preloaders got our jobs by using our heads (with the exception of some women LMAO) LOL. You don't need a degree to do this, you know lol. I'm not surprised by the responses here.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
You bore me kid, and I have real life grown up **** to take care of.

Keep telling yourself that, old man. I suppose that's why you're on here now, right? LOL Right after work too. I'm sure I could make your wife happier than you could if you catch my drift, *wink wink*. Ah, I bored too. Later Mr. "back in my day" LOL. I have bigger fish to fry... if you catch my drift, *wink wink* LOL.

Re-Raise

Keep telling yourself that, old man. I suppose that's why you're on here now, right? LOL Right after work too. I'm sure I could make your wife happier than you could if you catch my drift, *wink wink*. Ah, I bored too. Later Mr. "back in my day" LOL. I have bigger fish to fry... if you catch my drift, *wink wink* LOL.

Anyone who writes "wink wink" couldn't handle my wife kid. In what post did I say back in my day??

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Anyone who writes "wink wink" couldn't handle my wife kid. In what post did I say back in my day??

I kinda caught that from your last post, you didn't necessarily say that, but to ask me what my age was, I think anyone could see the direction you were going... And I'm just messing with you (I have a dark sense of humor, forgive me) even if your wife was a MILF or very attractive, I would never betray the woman I'm with because I'm not like that. Don't get offended by what I say, trust me, I've been through worse when concerning women. Just speaking from experience, that's all...

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Actually, I regret that post; that's what happens when you drink too much beer on friday LOL. Have a good life, but I still stand by my stance on the idea of a prenup and keeping an eye out for your significant other. Sayonara... later...