Why were you so overallowed?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was never in their specs. told them to have a ride along so the ORS could show me how it was done. They took me up on it one time and my day was an extra 45 minutes with the supe with me. ( did everything exactly by the book )

rarely bothered me after that.
You’ve never even claimed to have driven package car.

good lord. Do you figure if everyone already knows I’m lying I’ll just make the lies more and grander?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
with how wacky it's gotten. A few drivers could just honestly recount what happened in the AM and it would be enough to turn heads.

Even then, some supervisors will never cave in to such silly logic and reason.

Overpaid Union Thug

I guess this is the new flavor of the month. Every day for the past week, our center manager lurks around the Orion computer area (which is where drivers happen to enter the building) with his productivity report in hand and casually strikes up these awkward conversations with drivers.

After a few clumsy attempts at trying to be relatable, he inevitably gets to the question that's been plaguing him: "so, uh, bad day out there yesterday huh? Was there something that caused you to be [insert number] overallowed? He then compares things like sporh trends, spc, pickup compliance, total mileage etc. in an attempt to understand why these particular drivers, which Orion said would be done and back to building by 17:30, are punching out at 19:30.

The younger drivers scramble to come up with some sort of flustered excuse while the veteran drivers say things along the lines of "yup, some days are worse than others." The real old timers don't even acknowledge his existence.

Is this going on anywhere else? I figure it will blow over and next month they'll be harping on backing speed and space cushions.
You should always answer as if they asked you a completely unrelated question. My favorite is describing, in as much detail as possible, the contents I unleashed into the toilet after my last trip to a Chinese buffet.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I was never in their specs. told them to have a ride along so the ORS could show me how it was done. They took me up on it one time and my day was an extra 45 minutes with the supe with me. ( did everything exactly by the book )

rarely bothered me after that.

So you were in Package before you did your 32 years in Feeders?

Poop Head

Judge me.
unnamed.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
"I am sorry, I am not on the clock, if you would like, I can punch in and we can discuss it. If not, we can talk after start time."

oldupsman

My standard reply to, "What was your problem yesterday," was
"Nothing, I had a great day."
"But you were an hour over." Me. "Guess your numbers must be wrong."

Mycow

I caught a ride along this week. At least thats what my shop steward told me bottom 5 in over allowed. I told him sweet lunch on company's American Express.