Why would UPS 05 drivers?

Shorts365

Dang. We got it good where I’m at. We get our guaranteed 8 and a bonus on the rare occasion that you bonus* and clock out before working eight hours.

*i fully agree that the over/underallowed numbers are complete nonsense, but I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Shorts365

Doubtful. In 97 I wasn’t necessarily a newbie but there was a lot that were, almost no one crossed.
Serious question: how did those who crossed get treated afterwards? Complete ostracism forever? Physical intimidation? I can’t imagine anyone in our building being enough of a scumbag to do it, but I’m becoming less optimistic and more jaded as time marches on.

JonDoe

Serious question: how did those who crossed get treated afterwards? Complete ostracism forever? Physical intimidation? I can’t imagine anyone in our building being enough of a scumbag to do it, but I’m becoming less optimistic and more jaded as time marches on.
Everyone that crossed here either quit or got fired a few that lasted retired early.

Thebrownblob

Yea I'm not holding my breath on that.
You’re definitely getting it and we don’t even have to wait a week if we go on strike, my local also has a local strike fund so here we will receive two checks, in 1997 the international was broke the international now has $300 million

Nah
In my center, start time is 9. Every Saturday the board shows up as a 905 start. I correct it as I punch in, and it also is code 06 as well.
During the day, it magically changes back to 905, while showing a code 05.
The diad 5 would alert us that our timecard information has been updated, while this week was our first week with the 6, and did not let me know that it was updated without my knowledge. This has been going on for months.
The principle of the matter really pisses me off. Was brought to the attention of the stew and a sup and was basically told not to make noise about it. The code 5 crap doesn’t bother me much because I don’t want to help and I just want to go home on a Saturday, but the fact they are trying to skim 5 minutes from each driver is mind numbing.
Let it happen then grieve it. Screw em.

JonDoe

international now has $300 million
Which I'd bet they likely want to hold on to and not give away. I'm just saying in 97(I was there) the measly $55 they were supposed to give us somehow got put towards dues and something about a fund for a driver who was fired during the strike for a supposed assault.

Thebrownblob

Which I'd bet they likely want to hold on to and not give away. I'm just saying in 97(I was there) the measly $55 they were supposed to give us somehow got put towards dues and something about a fund for a driver who was fired during the strike for a supposed assault.

Sean O’Brien not playing around, The strike fund is locked and loaded and ready to role. Put away all the stuff you knew the last 20 years.