Why would UPS care if you took a picture of the schedule?

Drink Craft Beer

It was brought up at the pre-load PCM last Friday that employees are not allowed to take a picture (with their phone) of the weekly schedule to use for future reference during the week. Union rep said it's fine to do so when brought to his attention.

What's the BFD by doing so? Why would UPS care and be against this?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It was brought up at the pre-load PCM last Friday that employees are not allowed to take a picture (with their phone) of the weekly schedule to use for future reference during the week. Union rep said it's fine to do so when brought to his attention.

What's the BFD by doing so? Why would UPS care and be against this?
Because UPS management doesn't want to be held accountable if the schedule gets a last minute adjustment. Plus, they don't want hourlies thinking it's OK to use cell phone cameras in the building.

Bottom rung

They're against it because they'll change someone's start time then when they show up late. They get harrassed. It's keeping your management honest. They don't like that.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
at least the feeder department where I worked ignored the rule as well. There is a sign coming in the guard shack prohibiting photography, but I routinely took pics of unsafe conditions, damage to equipment, even seal controls that were filled out wrong. Haha I even took a picture one time of the guys repainting the asphalt on our yard. They spell STOP SOTP and seemed happy with the results. They saw me taking pics of it then called somebody over in their crew that could spell. They fixed it, but too late. it amused even management.

mixyo

Dispatcher
I've seen a lot of people do this at my center and no one (management) has ever said a word about it.

I do find it interesting, though, considering that PT'ers aren't allowed to have cell phones in the building.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I was part time, I always took pictures of the weekly schedule so I would not have to manually type it into the calander. Now as a full timer I am always taking pictures of the load so when a sup goes what is taking so long with deliveries, I whip out the pic of the load and say this is why. Lol

PT Car Washer

When I was part time, I always took pictures of the weekly schedule so I would not have to manually type it into the calander. Now as a full timer I am always taking pictures of the load so when a sup goes what is taking so long with deliveries, I whip out the pic of the load and say this is why. Lol
Just giving Management ammunition to shoot you down if it is their interest at some point.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For those of you taking pictures where management either encourages it or doesn't seem to mind, make sure your steward is aware of this. They can change their mind at anytime and fire you for taking pictures. They will just say that they never gave you permission.

Corporate policy is no picture taking or videography inside buildings or inside package cars. Anywhere that the public doesn't readily have access to. Take all the pictures you want outside, but be sure to CYA.