Why you should always try to follow procedure

542thruNthru

Supervisor on the truck ?

delivey-1.png

Good "driver release"....

:biggrin:

@Jkloc420 loaded that on the top shelf

Db2400

Listen If I didn’t DR to apartments literally every single day I would probably lose my job. Someone wants to steal the package? Go for it. While they’re at it why don’t you get a secure package room, or parcel lockers? Imagine bringing back 60-100 pieces or more a day because you’re too chicken :censored2: to hit ShipRel and drop it at their door. Especially being a cover driver! Other guys will hate you for bringing them more work the next day.
You can dr apartments if the complex is gated. At least where i am at.

542thruNthru

You can dr apartments if the complex is gated. At least where i am at.

Wait ...

That should be the other way around. A gated apartment is a secure apartment.

The methods say you can DR at secure locations.

So you can DR wide open apartment that anyone can walk into?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Listen If I didn’t DR to apartments literally every single day I would probably lose my job. Someone wants to steal the package? Go for it. While they’re at it why don’t you get a secure package room, or parcel lockers? Imagine bringing back 60-100 pieces or more a day because you’re too chicken :censored2: to hit ShipRel and drop it at their door. Especially being a cover driver! Other guys will hate you for bringing them more work the next day.
There is a NI non delivery selection in the diad for a reason. Not my problem how many I bring back.

WTFm8

Route(s) would shrink and a split would have to go on.

Do like I do, go to apartment/community office, ask if they do a monthly newsletter, and suggest they put info for UPS MyChoice on it.

They usually appreciate the info and write it down because they commonly have questions from new tenants and they don’t know what to really tell them.

Get that electronic sig/EDN/AP setup so you can either release the package or it doesn’t even make it to your truck cause it’s already hitting an access point instead of being ‘delayed’ a day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Long story short get a d@mn signature when you deliver to businesses or apartments.

You no have CIR? I will DR apartments if it's a good DR. The only DFU I have ever had for an apt dr I handed the package right to the person who put in the claim. I noted that on the DFU. Don't know what happened, but that person doesn't live in that apartment anymore. Probably got busted shoplifting or something.

Heavy Package

Why do people come on here with an "Iron Fist" mentality? I DR crap all day. If the Shipper release message comes up then the procedure at our center is to release the package no matter what. No signature, etc. even for a business would be required. But that has been put in writing and verbally told to us by our center management team.

By the way - Just CYA and get the procedure in writing from a sup via DIAD message. Do whatever that says. UPS is only as stressful or strict as YOU allow them to be to you. I am nearing $100k this year for delivering cardboard. It took me a few years, like most, to finally not care about UPS's internal BS but just do the job properly-both the way UPS says to do it and to take care of our customers to the extent I can. But I play by UPS's rules whenever a question comes up. They pay me each Friday-Not the places I deliver to. Gotta remember that.

quad decade guy

On the same route for 14 years. Knew all my customers well. One business stop repaired lots of

greasy, heavy equipment. The mechanic/shop foreman stood there and watched me sign for him.

(Asked me to).His hands were greasy/dirty. We knew each other very well. For years. You know it,

a claim/tracer was issued for that pkg. Value? $8,000. The tracer showed a signature, customer

said it wasn't his. I delivered it. To that address. I just looked at the customer and said " You know

I delivered that pkg." Never heard another word. That was the last time I ever signed for a customer.

I would wait until their hands were clean or whatever. Or come back. Lesson? Do the right thing,

whether methods or safety, and you can go through your day without reservation or fear.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
On the same route for 14 years. Knew all my customers well. One business stop repaired lots of

greasy, heavy equipment. The mechanic/shop foreman stood there and watched me sign for him.

(Asked me to).His hands were greasy/dirty. We knew each other very well. For years. You know it,

a claim/tracer was issued for that pkg. Value? $8,000. The tracer showed a signature, customer

said it wasn't his. I delivered it. To that address. I just looked at the customer and said " You know

I delivered that pkg." Never heard another word. That was the last time I ever signed for a customer.

I would wait until their hands were clean or whatever. Or come back. Lesson? Do the right thing,

whether methods or safety, and you can go through your day without reservation or fear.
Amen
You may have 160 stops a day but the only one that you will think about or stress about is the one stop you did not do the correct way
Not worth it