Why you should always try to follow procedure

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sum Gai, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Sum Gai

Sum Gai New Member

If you are a driver at some point in your career you will have to cover somebody else's route. Besides the "Where am I going and how do I get there?" problem the biggest problem you can run into is the normal driver does things the wrong way and people on that route expect you to do the same things they did.

By "wrong way" I mean things like driver releasing packages for businesses, forging signatures for businesses, and driver releasing packages at an apartment out in the open where anybody can take them (it can only be done if they sign up for my choice). I've heard and experienced situations where the driver gets yelled at by the customer for doing things the right way unlike their normal driver. In one case the cover guy who got yelled at by a customer for doing things the right way complained to management who was all too happy to ream the normal driver when he got back.

Long story short get a [email protected] signature when you deliver to businesses or apartments.

2. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

In some cases, yes, but in others no. Shipper release being one.

3. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Listen If I didn’t DR to apartments literally every single day I would probably lose my job. Someone wants to steal the package? Go for it. While they’re at it why don’t you get a secure package room, or parcel lockers? Imagine bringing back 60-100 pieces or more a day because you’re too chicken :censored2: to hit ShipRel and drop it at their door. Especially being a cover driver! Other guys will hate you for bringing them more work the next day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Sum Gai

Sum Gai New Member

The funny thing is I've seen management go in on a guy for doing that and refusing to not do that. If a package goes missing its always the drivers fault where I am.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What do I care what the regular driver does?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Brownslave688

Hitting ship rel on a package that’s not shipped release? Quick way to get fired.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Brown Biscuit

Go into a city with millions upon millions of people and sky scraper apartments and then tell me that. This is what they train us to do here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Brownslave688

Exactly how a coworker of mine got fired.

If you want to dr stuff that’s one thing. You’ll only have to pay for missing packages. If you’re putting shipper release on packages that arent that’s falsifying records

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You must be new here

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS might turn a blind eye for a while. Until someone has a claim. Then its all on the driver.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

3292B094-FD0E-43CF-AF64-FA37FE58A1B3.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

It’s route to route, man. Some apartments I’ll dr the crap out of every single package. Others; no f’in way

13. Days

Days Active Member

Always going to be rule breakers. Idk why. They don’t think the rules apply to them and try to be edgy.

14. Brown Biscuit

I’m not new here and DFUs are not uncommon in my center. I love how creative you guys get when it comes to rules. Every city every local and every building is different. I have never paid for a package that went missing, and literally never even been talked to about DFUs; simply because with this many people in a city it is going to happen. Period.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

If you follow the rules you won't pay for packages. Bend them and DR something you shouldn't, then yes you could be buying that package.

Some areas will have tons of claims. Doesn't matter as long as long as they were good DRs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

Why are you not able to driver release instead of having to shipper release?

Think about the answer to that question and you just might realize how stupid you're being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I rarely if ever have to use shipper release. I deliver to Apts all damn day too.

18. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Supervisor on the truck ?

[​IMG]

Good "driver release"....

:biggrin:

19. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Out of sight out of mind

20. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

sgt-schultz-nothing.gif