Wife Pregnant

M

myfirspost

I am curious about the cost you incured for having a baby. We were not planning this one but she cant remember to take her pill so now i guess we are pregnant. I am a new driver and she is going to graduate school in december, ya know she couldnt wait till then so now here we go.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Under our insurance with the Western Conference everything is fully paid (full time, not sure how insurance works under the company with part time, clerks, loads etc) My nephew is a driver and had two preemies that cost tens of thousands, not a dime out of pocket.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The vast majority should be covered under insurance.

BTW, congrats. Not only did you take two steps forward finacially, you took three back. :wink2:

All kidding aside, I guess your life has changed forever. Mostly for the better.

d

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I am curious about the cost you incured for having a baby. We were not planning this one but she cant remember to take her pill so now i guess we are pregnant. I am a new driver and she is going to graduate school in december, ya know she couldnt wait till then so now here we go.

Ah, damn the cost, at least you are thrilled about it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"she cant remember"
"she couldnt wait "

What's this 'SHE' stuff?? It takes 2 you know. A little extra protection from your side could've helped too.

That's water under the bridge now. Hope you guys have a healthy baby and enjoy parenthood.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Finally figured out my password and now will be able to post. I am just in shock because we have talked about waiting two years or so but now is the time. I was also wondering about all the visits to the doctors and such. I have been very lucky in my ups career and not ever been sick or really needed our insurance so this will be my first time really using it and hope it can give me some peace of mind.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Blue Cross/ Blue Shield Plan where I am at pays for everything as far as the delivery goes. We have a $20 copay for every visit to the doctor's office. Congratulations to the both of you, I have been truly blessed with my two sons. They grow up so fast......

drewed

Shankman
Finally figured out my password and now will be able to post. I am just in shock because we have talked about waiting two years or so but now is the time. I was also wondering about all the visits to the doctors and such. I have been very lucky in my ups career and not ever been sick or really needed our insurance so this will be my first time really using it and hope it can give me some peace of mind.

sorry but you made it sound like you were blaming her, and if we get that feeling imagine what she feels like living with you.... when you get married kids happen you make the best of it be the best parents you can be give them everything you didnt. Your out of pocket should be limited since youll max out youre out of pocket pretty quickly (its 1500-2500 i believe? correct me if im wrong)
best of luck and congrats
drew

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Never had a child when I had UPS coverage.
But I do know the unexpected pleasures in life are the best ones. Children are rewards, there are times you will wonder what the heck people were talking about, but most of the time you will see how empty your life was without them.
Then in the blink of an eye, they are gone, and you wont remember what you did before you had them.
Enjoy this great part of your life, you can never get it back.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Enjoy this great part of your life, you can never get it back.

Amen Toon, but then again does that not apply to much of our lives?

Live each day to the fullest, take time to smell the roses, and never ever forget to tell your loved ones that you do indeed love them!

d

xkingx

1.5 years ago,with bc/bs we paid close to 2,000..thats not adding in the extra visits to the hospital when there was no fetal movement going on or the false labor jumps,at $50 dollars a visit.... :0) just think like this, its better than having no insurance at all...

helenofcalifornia

I think I paid about $200 total for the last pregnancy. And you must remember that babies and children are about 75% work and aggravation, and 25% joy and happiness, and that the joy and happiness always wins out. Tooner is right, that kid of yours will be out the door on his way to college in the blink of an eye.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Amen Toon, but then again does that not apply to much of our lives?

Live each day to the fullest, take time to smell the roses, and never ever forget to tell your loved ones that you do indeed love them!

d
Even when they wreck your car for the 2nd(?) time, huh Danny!!!!!!!!!
:surprised::wink2: JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, where to begin. First of all, moreluck is right, it takes 2 to tango. I believe they are called condoms.

Estimates vary but I have read that it costs anywhere between $200-400K to raise a child through age 18, more if they go on to college.

Say goodbye to your social life as you know it now. Say goodbye to a full 8 hours of sleep. That new flatscreen TV you wanted--gone, baby needs diapers.

Say hello to one of the most beautiful and enjoyable times of your life. I have 2 kids and can't imagine life without them.

Good luck to you and I do sincerely hope that you figure out that you are a team and that you must work together to raise this baby.

Congratulations. Most of what has been said I ditto.The good stuff anyway.
Now I want to be serious for a second or two, if I may.
You and your wife have been entrusted with the most important job of mankind, take it serious but have fun with it also. From this day forward your number one responsibility in life is to see that this child is loved and cared for, feed and clothed and has a warm place to sleep. I'm going to C&P a thing I saw in a school teachers lounge just the other day. This list speaks volumes more than just what you will read from it. After I read this I began to think about what it was saying and became very thankful I had the parents I had.
[FONT=&quot]
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
wanted to paint another one.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care of each
other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give o friend
your time and money to help people who had nothing,
and I learned that those who have something should
give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn' t
feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
wanted to say,’ Thanks for all the things I saw when
you thought I wasn't looking.'

[/FONT]
This last sentence is the one that really struck me as I sat next to my Mom at the nursing home the next morning and realizing she didn't even know who I was.