Wife Pregnant

sx2700

Banned
I'm extremely grateful, and feel lucky to have my daughter......but I can't imagine people wanting to have kids on purpose.

filthpig

Congratulations on the soon to be new arrival! Do not look at it as a pain in the ass. It's truly a blessing. Health is the only thing that matters.
Say your prayers and listen to those who know.
Read to your child, even when they keep bringing you the same book. It's how they develop their memory and learn.
Hug them every day and never leave the house without telling them you love them.
Spend time with them. Go to their ball games and save your option days for school programs and such. These things only come around once and you will regret missing them.
Change your share of the diapers. You'll be amazed at how comfortable you are with body fluid.
With toys: less is more.
Video games are from Satan. I'm not joking.
Go to church.
Most of all, give them your love and time.
That said, the money is the least of your problems. Your insurance will cover the vast majority of the cost and many OB-GYNs include the pre-birth office visits in the deal. Well-care (shots) are also now covered.

mastula

I just had a baby last week on the insurance which is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois. Not sure if everyone has the same insurance. I paid 15.00 Co pay for my initial OB appt and it cost us 1100.00 for birth and hospital stay. Also we had to pay seperately for the circumcision, which the hospital charged 350.00

rod

Retired 22 years
From birth to the last day they were covered under my insurance it didn't cost hardly anything out of my pocket. Everyone in the family (all 4 of us) went to the dentist every 6 months, got new glasses or contact once a year and did all the doctoring we needed encluding our fair share of trips to the emergency ward. Even after retiring the coverage provided for the both of us is great:happy2:

BrownShark

Banned
I am curious about the cost you incured for having a baby. We were not planning this one but she cant remember to take her pill so now i guess we are pregnant. I am a new driver and she is going to graduate school in december, ya know she couldnt wait till then so now here we go.

This situation may turn an ugly head if your "wife" is graduating from High School.

If she is under 20 and still in high school or college, UPS will seek to have "her" parents insurance pay for half of the costs since she may still be covered because she is in school.

Anytime there is secondary coverage, UPS will seek to split the costs.

Just a heads up.

Peace:peaceful:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Also we had to pay seperately for the circumcision, which the hospital charged 350.00
This is one thing I do not understand. By what rational do we perform this proceedure for? What benefit?

Any takers on the question?

THat being said, back years ago before my brown days, I worked in the OR as a tech. Had a guy come in for one, about 21-22. Everything went well till his girlfriend came in for a visit. Talk about a painful bloody mess. Dont know which sissy was screaming the loudest, him or her.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled program.

d

It's supposed to be for hygiene purposes, but I think there is a split decision on that now. Other than that and tradition I don't know. Of course Jewish people have it done for religious purposes.

If you`re just talking birth expenses my three were all preemies. The cheapest was number two at under 10k,the most expensive was number three at around 100k.

M

McLeod

You can't plan everything....you should be happy your expecting!!! Put some more blame on her for getting pregnant!! WE tried for 6 years to get our 2nd child; treasure what your are about to have.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
lulz. I swallowed captain and coke down the wrong hole thanks to your post..... funniest thing I have heard all day.

Oh man I hate when that happens! Funny part about it ya probably followed it with...more rum and coke... I think that is the natural thing to do...lol!