Wilbur Ross / Scott Pruitt- Big D.C. Swamp Monsters

Non sequitur

BEFORE PUSHING TARIFFS, WILBUR ROSS HAD A MESSY HISTORY WITH THE U.S. STEEL INDUSTRY

Steve Hilton had an epic take-down of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for investments he questions are actually beneficial for the American people that contradicts President Donald Trump’s own policies.

While conflicts of interest rules don’t explicitly outline requirements for the president of the United States, it does for members of the president’s cabinet. Wilbur Ross may to have violated those rules, Hilton explained Sunday.

Ross has a long history with steel, purchasing a company with just a $3 million personal investment just weeks before former President George W. Bush issued his own tariffs on steel imports. When he sold the company less than three years later, he scored a $4.5 billion deal. It became the world’s largest steel producer and Ross sat on the board of the company until he joined the cabinet.

Trading on insider info is not against the law. Would be very hard to police and the American people would lose interest after six months. You could probably have a computer run the financial side of government operations but then the nerds would take advantage of the situation.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What makes the liberal heads explode is Pruitt walking back the overreach the EPA got into during the Obama years. Not that he did anything wrong, just that he wasn't one of "them" and is trying to restore the EPA to something more in line with its historic mandates.
It wasn't just Obama ... it started with Bush Sr, Clinton and continued with Bush Jr.
EPA was one of the areas most impacted by the Deep State (if you go for that) bureaucrats over the last 30 years.

vantexan

Play their game. What about Hillary's list, What about Lynch's list, Comey, and a whole list. Pruitt has done nothing illegal, and her is under fire because he is over the target and getting results. If I was his boss, I stand by him, he's doing exactly what I put him there to do. There are times I have a hard time understanding you. You worry too much about what the press or people say at times. As a boss I would tell the guy do your job, as WE have determined it to be, stay within the law and you're cool. Period, I'd take the heat for the other BS that's thrown. Van, you worry to much about what other's think. Do the right thing, screw the naysayers.
So what you're essentially saying is to the victor goes the spoils? You have to give consideration to what others think because the Media shapes the narrative that influences voting. On top of that we are a gazillion dollars in debt. I don't want government officials acting like they're royalty. I want them acting responsibly with every penny they spend. Literally every penny.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He broke the law when he used his office, his staff and taxpayer money to solicit a franchise deal for his wife from Chik Fil A.
Is he in jail?
Did his wife get a franchise?
Or is this another left wing wicky wacky made up 'I hate Trump' delusions?

It looks like the real charge here is Pruitt's using gov employee for a secretary.

I'm sure Obama's regime never used their subordinates to schedule trips for their kids and I know Mooch used her reports to schedule vacations.

It's a bit of a reach to me.

All this is based on his secretary Sydney Hupp's leak to the MSM after getting fired.
I wonder what he would testify under oath?

With all that said, Pruitt is another swamp dweller and would not hurt my feelings if Trump fired him.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trading on insider info is not against the law.
It is against the law to trade based on Insider Information if it is a publically traded company.

When UPS went public, there were members on the board/management committee that bought millions of dollars worth of stock prior to going public.

bbsam

Staff member
At 1:30 of the video he talks about MS-13 numbers being depleted.

Now they’re coming across the border in waves if we are to believe him.

What an ass.