Wildfire In Santa Clarita, California

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
train-fire.jpg

Gear

Parts on Order
I could not work another day of OT the rest of my life and still be better off than you I promise.

This wasn't meant to be an insult. Posting and texting shows no emotion. Im the fool totally relying on a pension. I just meant Teamsters need to save for retirement because who knows what will happen.

Gear

Parts on Order
First off, I'm not a "kool-aid " drinker. I actually agreed with a few of your points.

Second, you seem to be "that guy" on here that thinks all drivers are just unskilled and overpaid. And you somehow are amazing because you only work 8 hours and you're a mechanic with a superior pension and intellect.

Glad that's working out for you

I like using the phrase kool-aid drinker, I think its funny.
I work 8 hours because I hate being in this building. Im the union worker who wants fired. Its hard to walk away from the benefits. If I was out all day maybe it would be different.
My grandfather, his brothers, my dad, his brothers and some of my cousins were or are Teamsters drivers. At one point I was a third generation Teamster. One of my cousins is UPS driver, I bust his balls all the time. Im no better than a driver, I like busting your balls. Some of you guys do say some dumb :censored2:.
Im in the back of a PC right now doing nothing. Lol

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This wasn't meant to be an insult. Posting and texting shows no emotion. Im the fool totally relying on a pension. I just meant Teamsters need to save for retirement because who knows what will happen.
I like using the phrase kool-aid drinker, I think its funny.
I work 8 hours because I hate being in this building. Im the union worker who wants fired. Its hard to walk away from the benefits. If I was out all day maybe it would be different.
My grandfather, his brothers, my dad, his brothers and some of my cousins were or are Teamsters drivers. At one point I was a third generation Teamster. One of my cousins is UPS driver, I bust his balls all the time. Im no better than a driver, I like busting your balls. Some of you guys do say some dumb :censored2:.
Im in the back of a PC right now doing nothing. Lol
I can appreciate a good ball buster.

I see your point. No insult taken.

I agree on some of your points

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The subcontracted work you get leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. I was getting $14 an hour at a non-union cheapskate shop 16 years ago.

Gear

Parts on Order
One of
The guys that comes in to do vacation coverage for our mechanics probably weighs 450 lbs. you can imagine a lot of stuff doesn't get done.

Weight problems are usually a driver thing. Thats why fatties get their necks measured during med certs. We cant have fat lazy drivers falling asleep at the wheel of tractor trailers.

I always get my neck measured. Im 16.5 and weigh 180. Dr always says, if you hit 17 you'll have to get a sleep study. Like Im some over weight slob.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Car mechanics at dealerships can do very well... Had a mechanic friend at Audi pulling over 100k not much overtime
Maybe at a luxury dealership or on their own they can do ok. I know a few mechanics they all found something else to do because while the dealerships were charging $100 an hour for labor they were making Under $20.