Wildfire In Santa Clarita, California

Gear

Parts on Order
Maybe at a luxury dealership or on their own they can do ok. I know a few mechanics they all found something else to do because while the dealerships were charging $100 an hour for labor they were making Under $20.

Most Heavy diesel dealers will start a decent mechanic at $25, with decent benefits, that you pay for, and of course a crappy 401k. I do side work on dump trucks, roll offs and garbage trucks for cash. I tend to flat rate jobs. The faster I get it done, the more money in my pocket. The bigger the vehicle the more money you can make. Not alot of money in normal cars. Its nothing to drop $2000 in a triaxle. I can make a weeks pay on a Saturday.

Some mechs get fixed on one type of vehicle and end up cheating themselves. Plus heavy diesel dealers can be union, Ive never seen a union car shop. The only guys I know making under 22 an hour are newbies out of tech school. But this is just my experience around me.

Here's a fun fact. The CIA is hiring auto mechanics starting at 35 and some change an hour. Dont believe me? Its on their site under trades and labor.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My roommate the 1st quarter at Tech worked for the CIA.
He was in late 20s.
He moved out after a month or so.
I don't think I was compatible ... or his assignment was finished.