Will amaz swallow ups?

wilberforce15

nah...I think it's good, even healthy to work.
Being around the poors helps one to not think like you.
Being around the poors is what cured me of fast food addiction, and made me a lot of money.

I realized that people like my coworkers were the ones handling food at restaurants. That cured me very quickly of wanting that food.

It also increased my risk tolerance in investing, because I realized how much I needed to provide for myself and not be forced to be around such people.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our drivers for the most part stick around for the long haul.
Used to be the case around here also but from what I was told the turnover rate for new drivers is terrible now. They can't keep part timers or new drivers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Used to be the case around here also but from what I was told the turnover rate for new drivers is terrible now. They can't keep part timers or new drivers.
Part time for sure, huge turnover. They rather pay drivers overtime to work preload an extra hour or so.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
why would Amazon want a bunch of worn out buildings staffed by worn out gen Xers using worn out tech and strangle themselves with a worn out Union?

Ghost in the Darkness

Yes as amazon is phasing out shipping boxes and just shipping products as they are. UPS holds them to no standard and often loses or damages these products because they require no shipping standard. As with orion and diad6 corporate UPS is welcoming failure, and there seems to be a strong connection to the Biden administration in taking a functioning system and flushing it down the toilet.

Overpaid Union Thug

As if going to a physical walmart retailer, or ACE hardware, or Target, or anything else, is less tyrannical or less of a 'large negative number.'

Get real.
Those retailers are not the ones using shady business practices to crush Amazon. It’s the other way around. Those businesses are not censoring people online. Amazon is.

wilberforce15

Those retailers are not the ones using shady business practices to crush Amazon. It’s the other way around. Those businesses are not censoring people online. Amazon is.
ACE and other small retailers crushed local mom and pop.
Wal-mart came in and crushed the middle sized retailers.
Amazon came in and is crushing Wal-mart.

This is the circle of life. Everyone you want me to use was just the Amazon of a few decades ago, killing local business with shady tactics.

None of them are different. They're just being beaten at their own game.

Overpaid Union Thug

ACE and other small retailers crushed local mom and pop.
Wal-mart came in and crushed the middle sized retailers.
Amazon came in and is crushing Wal-mart.

This is the circle of life. Everyone you want me to use was just the Amazon of a few decades ago, killing local business with shady tactics.

None of them are different. They're just being beaten at their own game.
Crushing competition fairly is one thing. Using unfair business practices to gain advantages is another. Nice try though.

wilberforce15

Crushing competition fairly is one thing. Using unfair business practices to gain advantages is another. Nice try though.
Wal-Mart used every shady trick in the book to take over entire small towns and bankrupt dozens of businesses in every town it entered.

How many local payoffs for zoning? How many tax incentives for employment? You name it.
Wal-mart did everything that Amazon is doing. And Sears did everything that Wal-Mart did.

It's a tale as old as time. There are no virtuous businesses to give money to.

Except Chick-Fil-A.