Will amaz swallow ups?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There is probably a significant backstory to this incident. Which if illuminated would likely change our perception. With as many bad dog experiences as I've had, and their idiot owners living in denial, I'm inclined to sympathize with the pistol waving idiot.

And it's cute how the over-fed suburbanite sez "there should be better screening of their employees."
For a notoriously crappy job that nobody wants, and that he wouldn't last a day at!
He threatened the owner with the gun. Felony

UnionStrong

I agree. Dude went overboard.

And if the dog is sooo "harmless", why is it behind an electric fence?
The fence isn’t necessarily an indication of a bad dog. Seen plenty of friendly dogs with electric fences. I had no problem with a dog on his property being protective, it’s his job. I do have a problem with a dog that comes from another property to get to me. That would make me snap if the owner was outside. “Do you live here? No? Then why the :censored2: is your dog here?” Idiots

Mutineer

I had no problem with a dog on his property being protective, it’s his job. I do have a problem with a dog that comes from another property to get to me.

The problem begins when suddenly a dog decides that YOU are it's "job."

I have seen dogs overcome and endure tremendous pain (way worse than an electric fence) if it is sufficiently motivated to do so. And that motivation doesn't need to make sense to us.

Also, dogs have a very different notion of "property" than we do. And it doesn't necessarily include the dog owner's property lines or fences.

There have been times and circumstances when dogs are my friends. However, my numerous experiences in the role of a courier, dogs are NOT my friends.

Not at all, not one bit. (pun intended)

And I think the pink, well-fed suburbanite needs to suffer a week in an Amazon van for his "screening their workers" comment.
I'll tell his wife to buy life insurance for the inevitable result, and then help her spend it after he succumbs.

UnionStrong

The problem begins when suddenly a dog decides that YOU are it's "job."

I have seen dogs overcome and endure tremendous pain (way worse than an electric fence) if it is sufficiently motivated to do so. And that motivation doesn't need to make sense to us.

Also, dogs have a very different notion of "property" than we do. And it doesn't necessarily include the dog owner's property lines or fences.

There have been times and circumstances when dogs are my friends. However, my numerous experiences in the role of a courier, dogs are NOT my friends.

Not at all, not one bit. (pun intended)

And I think the pink, well-fed suburbanite needs to suffer a week in an Amazon van for his "screening their workers" comment.
I'll tell his wife to buy life insurance for the inevitable result, and then help her spend it after he succumbs.
I dunno, I stayed pretty safe using common sense, and treats. Of course, I’m not terrified of dogs like some.

Mutineer

I dunno, I stayed pretty safe using common sense, and treats. Of course, I’m not terrified of dogs like some.

...aaannnd may yer good fortune interacting with "man's best friend" continue.

In my experiences, the biggest setup for a negative dog encounter begins with an open garage door.
Hapless courier drops a box and rings the doorbell. Mutley goes berserk, runs through the backyard, through the house, through the propped-open access door, out the garage, and corners the courier-stooge on the porch.

For many years, (except for sigs) I did not knock or ring doorbells for the sole purpose of NOT alerting the gawdamm dog.

My dog incidents went waaay down after that. And more than made up for the relatively few "why didn't yer stupid lazy driver ring the doorbell?" complaints.

UnionStrong

...aaannnd may yer good fortune interacting with "man's best friend" continue.

In my experiences, the biggest setup for a negative dog encounter begins with an open garage door.
Hapless courier drops a box and rings the doorbell. Mutley goes berserk, runs through the backyard, through the house, through the propped-open access door, out the garage, and corners the courier-stooge on the porch.

For many years, (except for sigs) I did not knock or ring doorbells for the sole purpose of NOT alerting the gawdamm dog.

My dog incidents went waaay down after that. And more than made up for the relatively few "why didn't yer stupid lazy driver ring the doorbell?" complaints.
I never knocked or rang bell. Used horn sparingly. Why alert them? Complaints? Nope.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I dont see why they would continue in the delivery side when they make tons off cloud storage and media. They dont want to go the way of ups with Union employees and the "build your own fleet" idea didnt take hold. They will start to lose customers when people price check and find out its cheaper to grab somethings local.
Because Amazon was originally designed by DARPA. Do some research. The same with Facebook, it was originally designed by DARPA.

kforte36

Amazon just closed one of the original stations when they started in Atlanta. They haulted the building of the new station, they delayed the opening of another station they literally just finished building in Atlanta. They're reducing the amount of routes given to the DSPs (delivery service providers) while raising the amount of stops and packages for the drivers. From what I hear, Amazon blew up during the pandemic by slapping together stations to deliver out of, and now the volume is lowering and they've got all these buildings that are soon to be vacant. Trust, Amazon will never over take UPS.
Amazon drivers don't even park on the correct side of the road. They'll drive head first into a driveway on a very busy road and park to make a delivery. I know youve seen it. These noob drivers have no clue what they're doing.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Amazon drivers don't even park on the correct side of the road. They'll drive head first into a driveway on a very busy road and park to make a delivery. I know youve seen it. These noob drivers have no clue what they're doing.
Oh we know, the whole fleet has their passenger-side crumpled in from trees and other curb objects.

rod

Retired 22 years
Did that stuff for 30 years.

ManInBrown

Anyone ever see an Amazon sprinter driving down the highway with the side door wide open? I see it all the time it’s such an odd move. You’re that worried about saving 2 seconds? Not worried about stuff flying out the door?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Anyone ever see an Amazon sprinter driving down the highway with the side door wide open? I see it all the time it’s such an odd move. You’re that worried about saving 2 seconds? Not worried about stuff flying out the door?
Drove a sprinter and the door latch broke or fell off At my last stop I had to try and tape it open put the few pickups and send agains on a shelf to try and keep from falling out drove the 70 miles back to the building thinking everything was cool
It wasn’t next day 2 different people handed me boxes that had fallen out

kforte36

Ya those drivers are ridiculous. And there are upsers worrying about Amazon taking over ups pickups and doing them in vans. Ya right!