Will feeder position eventually stop drug testing ?

Thebrownblob

Yea we should ban alcohol too because we don’t want drunk employees driving tractor trailers right?

Or maybe what responsible adults do on their day off isn’t the companies business
It’s not necessarily the companies business it’s the governments. DOT and CDL rules are government.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a feeder driver who got bumped back to package for a while. He suddenly got called back up due to some drivers missing work due to injuries/sickness. Just so happened, on his first day, his name popped up for a random drug test. He made excuses why he couldn't get to the exam. When your name pops up you cannot miss a test. Finally they told him if he didn't take the test, it would be viewed as a positive and he would be fired. He fessed up and told management he had been on the toke train regularly while back in package. After he admitted it he had to go to rehab at his cost, plus he was off work for quite a while with no pay. Got back to work and he is subject to random testing whenever UPS wants to mess with him. Got to make a decision. Wacky tobacco or a $150,000 job. I think I had 2 breathalyzer tests with my random drug tests in 30 years. We had a 30+ year driver blow an .04 when he took his random test before punching in, so it does happen. He jumped thru all the hoops UPS made him jump through, then retired shortly after.

Johney

We had a feeder driver who got bumped back to package for a while. He suddenly got called back up due to some drivers missing work due to injuries/sickness. Just so happened, on his first day, his name popped up for a random drug test. He made excuses why he couldn't get to the exam. When your name pops up you cannot miss a test. Finally they told him if he didn't take the test, it would be viewed as a positive and he would be fired. He fessed up and told management he had been on the toke train regularly while back in package. After he admitted it he had to go to rehab at his cost, plus he was off work for quite a while with no pay. Got back to work and he is subject to random testing whenever UPS wants to mess with him. Got to make a decision. Wacky tobacco or a $150,000 job. I think I had 2 breathalyzer tests with my random drug tests in 30 years. We had a 30+ year driver blow an .04 when he took his random test before punching in, so it does happen. He jumped thru all the hoops UPS made him jump through, then retired shortly after.
I missed two randoms when they came looking for me at 8:00 at night when I was bumped pack to package. Been home for at least an hour both times. Third time they made me go in the morning before work to a testing facility.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They’re a good chance that the Libs may try to drop any DOT/FAA Fit-for-Duty, Random, Cause, Etc, testing.
If you can’t understand why, there’s a good chance you’re not a sad, pathetic brain-washed liberal.

Last edited:

Johney

They’re a good chance that the Libs may try to drop any DOT/FAA Fit-for-Duty, Random, Cause, Etc, testing.
If you can’t understand why, there’s a good chance you’re not a sad, pathetic brain-washed liberal.
That’s quite possible with the shortage of truck drivers I thought I heard somewhere they’re trying to drop the age limit to 18 for a CDL

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That’s quite possible with the shortage of truck drivers I thought I heard somewhere they’re trying to drop the age limit to 18 for a CDL
Then they’ll drop the reading comprehension, English proficiency and color recognition (not familiar with traffic lights in El Salvador).

tall_t4

I missed two randoms when they came looking for me at 8:00 at night when I was bumped pack to package. Been home for at least an hour both times. Third time they made me go in the morning before work to a testing facility.
Is it blood pee or hair test?