Will Hoffa and Hall get the message?

rpoz11

Corporate is waiting to see what ObamaCare provides if implemented, and succeeds, in whether or not they will continue to back HC for all of us.
The bad part so far under Obama's plan, is the cost to the individual.
Whether based upon income brackets or whatever becomes of this.
Either Corporate or Union side, either party could offer supplemental HC plans thru Supplemental or National contract languages.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Corporate is waiting to see what ObamaCare provides if implemented, and succeeds, in whether or not they will continue to back HC for all of us.
Either Corporate or Union side, either party could offer supplemental HC plans thru Supplemental or National contract languages.

Is that your delusional opinion or do you have some kind of inside knowledge.

No one except the trolls have linked Obamacare as having anything to do with your contract.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
UPS has charged non-union employees for health care for over 20 years. Hall dumbfoundly relinquished his biggest bargaining chips in 2007, green-lighting UPS toward reducing its health care liabilities its biggest goal in 2013. Allegedly economies of scale enabled a compromise that allowed the company to contribute an amount (to Central States) that would be equal to that of what it would take the company to provide the benefits + a the lesser proposed co-premiums.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Is there a reason why the health care issue was not left as it is in the current contract?

Because UPS deemed such proposal costly, was seeking to lower its expected health care contribution costs, and struck an agreement with the Teamsters that it believed would achieve such goal + get its feet wet into future concessions.

didyousheetit

Stink219, only speaks for the 35% of the UPS work-force that are full-timers. He doesn't give a rats :censored2: about the 65% of the UPS work-force, the part-timers.
I will give credit for the part-timers on here for speaking up and fighting for more. However, how many pt'rs vote on contracts, attend union meetings, or in right to work states even belong to the union. That my friend is why it seems nobody cares for the part-timers. But kudos to you and the others on here who do.

UPS Preloader

I will give credit for the part-timers on here for speaking up and fighting for more. However, how many pt'rs vote on contracts, attend union meetings, or in right to work states even belong to the union. That my friend is why it seems nobody cares for the part-timers. But kudos to you and the others on here who do.

I would lay odds that the part timers in his local would beg to differ. Just because you and Stink disagree doesn't mean he doesn't care.

stink219

I would lay odds that the part timers in his local would beg to differ. Just because you and Stink disagree doesn't mean he doesn't care.
Thank man. He has a hate agenda. It was taught to him. If I said the sky was blue, he would argue that I was wrong somehow. It doesn't affect me.

UPS Preloader

Thank man. He has a hate agenda. It was taught to him. If I said the sky was blue, he would argue that I was wrong somehow. It doesn't affect me.

I love how many people here on the BC think they can change they way people think by bashing them rather than try to convince them with logic or facts. I was a no voter and some of the vote no people are making me think twice about my vote. LOL

stink219

You voted NO for a reason. I could be any reason, but it's YOUR reason. You did it the right way. Weighed the option and then chose. Don't let a few extremists change your view. I mean, that guys name says it all. You can see where his head is at a mile away.

rpoz11

Is that your delusional opinion or do you have some kind of inside knowledge.

No one except the trolls have linked Obamacare as having anything to do with your contract.

Give it time.
You shall see.

Maybe you should look up the timing of the last contract, to the current president's 1'st term.
Look at what has transpired regarding HC language nationwide.
It's a national push that has had it's time waiting in the wings.
The market bust, discention of party politics, national economic changes.

How about a hint for you?
I will quote Andy M :
"Take a (long) look at FASB."
http://www.fasb.org/home
Let me know WHEN you comprehend the whole book.
And, if you are feeling Brave, I'll supply you my labor relations Attorney for support.

I, myself, am sick to my stomach as to what is happening in this country.

Time is catching up to Union workplaces.
It just so happens that HC has preceded the next agenda that is coming.

I didn't vote for for this current president.
Nor have I supported his agenda.

This is why I am for fighting for establishing everything we deserve before someone or some party comes in and tries to take it all away.

We all need to get after what our supplementals language, protections, and guarantees can provide us.

Last edited:

balland chain

With that attitude you should go into management. When we negotiate something superior in the 17 riders and supplements that went down please don't ask for the improvements we'll be getting--you YES voters don't deserve them.

Personally I voted no... I am disappointed that my brothers and sisters here in local 071 could not comprehend the words printed on the TA.. Why the heck are the unions down south so weak ??? Next time all you YES voters go to buy a car or a house, be sure to pay the full asking price of it because that is what you just did with the darn supplement.... Does it not register in your heads that the persons who get a better pension and healthcare voted no years ago and most likely this go around? Why take the first offer ? They HAD to come back with something better.. So, I do not want to hear your complaints about the locals who get 1500 more per month in pension and have better health care. When you voted YES for this dog, you screwed all of us....

AlwaysChafed

I am hoping that the members get the message as well. I voted "yes", but this is too close for comfort. If all gets ratified and we have 5 years, consider this a warning to start preparing for 2018. It seems that no matter what is offered, more and more people think that they are getting screwed. Try convincing anyone in America that at 36+ an hour, you are getting screwed. You can leave all the other benefits like pension, healthcare and vacation out of the talk. Based off of the 36 bucks alone, they will think your a nutjob for expecting and thinking you deserve more. I am taking these close numbers as a reason to get my "house in order". Pay alot more than my minimum on my mortgage, dont incur any new debt and put money aside each week for the next 5 years. For every 20.00 a week saved in this next 5 years, you will save 5,100.00 for strength at the next negotiation.

We shouldn't be "losing" anything but we did. The raises are offset by healthcare costs. I can't wait to see what everyone in 2018 votes yes for. I have no clue why we are part of the union. In 2018 they will be taking more away and you probably voted yes. Strike would have never happened UPS would have been scrambling.

I wanted the same healthcare that was it. I could care less about $37 an hour. What a crock.