Will Hoffa and Hall get the message?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Will they (HOFFA / HALL ) get the message? Ask yourself, Has Hoffa or Hall made a statement to the teamter membership regarding the failure to pass the national contract and supplementals?

Where is the leadership?

hall was hoping on planes left and right in the months of january, february, march, april when he was busy "fist pounding" at rallys telling us everything we wanted to hear. But now, we havent heard a PEEP out of either one of them.

NOT A SINGLE WORD.

In a time , where they need to show us some leadership, both of them are AWOL. What are they waiting for? Its bad enough, the agents of our local along with our principle officers are running around trying to distance themselves from Hoffa / Hall, and most of them are saying that both Hoffa / Hall are "outta here in the next election"...

The message? Really? Its been sent loud and clear. 17 supplementals rejected. The TA barely passing with 3000 votes. Thousands of votes uncounted or ballots missing.

Today, UPS has started its counter Campaign against us, using the very words of our leaders against us as well... UPS spokesmen are saying that "we had a handshake agreement with the teamsters and we had a unanimous approval of the contract by teamster leaders."

Now, they are making "US" out to be little greedy bastards. Telling the public about our wonderful benefit package, an almost 4 dollar raise, a pension fund, and over 100K a year jobs, yet we turned that down in this economy.

Our leaders put us in this mess, and they better stand up and take ownership of it.

Where is the fist pounding now?

How about a general statement on the status of what will happen next? Why are they letting UPS shoot first?

These are the questions I have for both HOFFA AND HALL, if either of them have the balls to come to my local.

Peace

TOS

A

anonymous6

Hoffa and hall are a disgrace !!! Hoffa sr. built the Teamsters and jr is determined to destroy us.

Ms.PacMan

Today, UPS has started its counter Campaign against us, using the very words of our leaders against us as well... UPS spokesmen are saying that "we had a handshake agreement with the teamsters and we had a unanimous approval of the contract by teamster leader.
secret_handshake.jpg

InsideUPS

Don't worry, in 15-20 years, I'll vote yes so all the retirees have more coming out of their pocket too. ;) I'll just keep voting yes.

Unfortunately.....in 15-20 years, you may not have the opportunity to vote. If the company and our Union politics keep dividing us as evident on BC, there will be no Union at UPS.........and possibly UPS....at leas as we know it. Kind of ironic... "United" Parcel Service. Nothing could be further from the truth.

teamster 804

They obviously did not get the message instead of standing behind the membership,which happens to be the largest contingent of Teamsters in the Teamster union.You think that maybe that would make us a little important!! Guess not,they give an unlimited extension to UPS.Thanks Guys, so much for unions taking a stand against corporate greed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They obviously did not get the message instead of standing behind the membership,which happens to be the largest contingent of Teamsters in the Teamster union.You think that maybe that would make us a little important!! Guess not,they give an unlimited extension to UPS.Thanks Guys, so much for unions taking a stand against corporate greed.

So you prefer that we strike and watch Amazon walk out the door?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Amazon could walk out the door this morning. You could sign this contract today and Amazon could walk out the door tomorrow. Please don't misunderstand. I don't want to see a strike. But I'm not negotiating my contract because of Amazon.

The economic reality is that we are no longer the only player in town and we most definitely must keep Amazon and the other major shippers in mind while negotiating our contract. Amazon accounts for roughly 1/3 of my residential deliveries. Losing Amazon would be devastating.

oldupsman

The economic reality is that we are no longer the only player in town and we most definitely must keep Amazon and the other major shippers in mind while negotiating our contract. Amazon accounts for roughly 1/3 of my residential deliveries. Losing Amazon would be devastating.

I totally agree with that. My point is Amazon can walk anytime no matter what we do. And I won't be the least bit surprised if the day comes
when Amazon starts delivering their own stuff with their own trucks. They've gotten that big.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I totally agree with that. My point is Amazon can walk anytime no matter what we do. And I won't be the least bit surprised if the day comes when Amazon starts delivering their own stuff with their own trucks. They've gotten that big.

They are getting there and you are right in that we should not tailor our operations solely for one customer. You are also right in that eventually they still start delivering their own stuff.

I am curious to see just how much of an impact a national sales tax on internet sales would have on Amazon.

teamster 804

So you prefer that we strike and watch Amazon walk out the door?
So lets all sit back and let this company walk allover us treat us like garbage.Because you are afraid they are going to lose Amazon.If everyone grew a pair and stood up to this company as a UNION because that is what we are .Maybe just maybe they would think twice about shortchanging its workforce and treating us with respect,instead of looking to take away every form of recognition,no regard for anyone's home life and most of all negotiating a fair contract.The corporate greed in this company is out of control we needed to take a stand.As far as Amazon goes if the company was so concerned they would have put a better offer on the table instead of the squeaker of a contract they put out with 18 supplements still out there voting no.They know amazon will not go anywhere nobody else can handle that account.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So lets all sit back and let this company walk allover us treat us like garbage.Because you are afraid they are going to lose Amazon.If everyone grew a pair and stood up to this company as a UNION because that is what we are .Maybe just maybe they would think twice about shortchanging its workforce and treating us with respect,instead of looking to take away every form of recognition,no regard for anyone's home life and most of all negotiating a fair contract.The corporate greed in this company is out of control we needed to take a stand.As far as Amazon goes if the company was so concerned they would have put a better offer on the table instead of the squeaker of a contract they put out with 18 supplements still out there voting no.They know amazon will not go anywhere nobody else can handle that account.

The company isn't afraid; it made its best offer to you. To persons living within regions in which the supplements were rejected, we may get a bit more (just enough so that it will pass -- e.g. a $1,000 signing bonus to offset some of the health care costs). If that's rejected & we choose to strike, UPS will lock us out and look for our replacements.

Reality is, in this job market, you can be replaced, and with somebody who earns a lot less. There may be short term damage, but the long term reward is there for UPS. And in case you haven't glanced at their balance sheet....

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The company isn't afraid; it made its best offer to you. To persons living within regions in which the supplements were rejected, we may get a bit more (just enough so that it will pass -- e.g. a $1,000 signing bonus to offset some of the health care costs). If that's rejected & we choose to strike, UPS will lock us out and look for our replacements.

Reality is, in this job market, you can be replaced, and with somebody who earns a lot less. There may be short term damage, but the long term reward is there for UPS. And in case you haven't glanced at their balance sheet....

Replaced?

Haha, not even a FedEx driver could do the job UPSers do. Who's gonna do their outrages stops and pick-ups in the amount of time the company expects? ****, even air drivers can't do a full-time route when they are asked to. Its impossible to replace and perform at our level.

You are not only naive, but a company person. You should consider turning your letter of intent sooner than later and resign your Teamstership along with Hoffa and Hall.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Replaced?

Haha, not even a FedEx driver could do the job UPSers do. Who's gonna do their outrages stops and pick-ups in the amount of time the company expects? ****, even air drivers can't do a full-time route when they are asked to. Its impossible to replace and perform at our level.

You are not only naive, but a company person. You should consider turning your letter of intent sooner than later and resign your Teamstership along with Hoffa and Hall.

LOL!!! You seriously think nobody else could do your job? Have you not seen the unemployment line? And that's even considering the number of "under" employed people who'd do the job for $16.10/hour (seasonal wage here) + 20% co-premium on the benefits we enjoy + 3% 401K instead of pension contribution. No doubt there would be a learning curve, but, like I said: compare the balance sheet to the long-term reward.

Whatever you're smoking dude, I'd like some.

anonymous4

I can't agree that the entire UPS union work force is as easily replaceable as some of you seem to think. It would be a death sentence for UPS. Why risk that when things are going well?

anonymous4

LOL!!! You seriously think nobody else could do your job? Have you not seen the unemployment line? And that's even considering the number of "under" employed people who'd do the job for $16.10/hour (seasonal wage here) + 20% co-premium on the benefits we enjoy + 3% 401K instead of pension contribution. No doubt there would be a learning curve, but, like I said: compare the balance sheet to the long-term reward.

Whatever you're smoking dude, I'd like some.

What's the turnover rate here? How long would it take them to replace all of us and get back to speed? Really, what's your best guess? UPS package in the USA would be done. And the better question is - why would "they" allow that right now? Fedex would gobble everything up by the time you replaced this workforce.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I can't agree that the entire UPS union work force is as easily replaceable as some of you seem to think. It would be a death sentence for UPS. Why risk that when things are going well?

What's the turnover rate here? How long would it take them to replace all of us and get back to speed? Really, what's your best guess? UPS package in the USA would be done. And the better question is - why would "they" allow that right now?

I strongly disagree. It'd be ugly at first (but UPS has the balance sheet), and there would be a strong learning curve, but gradually such move would pay off. The most difficult challenge would be finding sufficient PTers. But it could be done: higher initial wages, tuition reimbursement, fewer people working more hours, etc. Eventually you'd replicate something like FedEx Ground's model (start at $12, finish at less than $15 - tuition reimbursement available).

Honestly, too many people on here overvalue themselves. Last fall The Atlantic reported that nearly half of Gen Y over 25 (persons 25-31) were underemployed.