Will I get my job back?

upschuck

How could you think this was a good idea? What was so important that you had to get done 1/2 hr sooner? Wife ovulating? Was this the first time you've done this?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?
I hope you buddy name is not Alexa!!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Dude....ahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahaha...even if I see a misdelivered amazon or FedEx box I don't touch it....you got less brains than a scrambled turnip boy holy crap

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I remember when I first started a FedEx ground lady was completely panicking...she asked if I could take stops from her....I'm pretty sure I farted and kept walking

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Did you at least give him the easy stuff?
Boxes.png

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rod

Retired 22 years
:rofl: The Fedex driver and I traded chasers (stops way out of the way) every once in a while back in the early years (usually on a Friday) --- just because we could.